Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A bit surprised at the low population in game.

1234568»

Comments

• StzzaStzza Member UncommonPosts: 31

Officially put our guild to bed the other night for the time being.  Couldn't keep people interested to log in for raids.   Did all the attunements, fielding 40 ppl, having some success.  There is simply no point and at first it was fun, but got old insanely fast.   People stopped logging in.  Think we had around 60 active members out of 100+ on the roster, as well as 25 core ppl that have been gaming together for 10 years who all know each other.   We had 3 ppl log in over the past 2 weeks.  Lots of messages saying sub expires today etc etc.  I cant really say I blame them, I enjoyed the game for a while.

I mean what the hell are you supposed to do once you get past the raid wall it seems a lot of people hit.  Where the difficulty meets being to get 40 people into a raid.   I found myself logging in, doing dailies and standing around in Thayd in my gear.   Thats pretty much it.

Playing : DayZ

Played : EVE, GW, SB, DF, AoC, WoW, WaR, L1, L2, Rift, AA, WS

Loved: DAoC, EVE, SB, old WoW, L2, GW2, EQ1-2

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by Stzza

Officially put our guild to bed the other night for the time being.  Couldn't keep people interested to log in for raids.   Did all the attunements, fielding 40 ppl, having some success.  There is simply no point and at first it was fun, but got old insanely fast.   People stopped logging in.  Think we had around 60 active members out of 100+ on the roster, as well as 25 core ppl that have been gaming together for 10 years who all know each other.   We had 3 ppl log in over the past 2 weeks.  Lots of messages saying sub expires today etc etc.  I cant really say I blame them, I enjoyed the game for a while.

I mean what the hell are you supposed to do once you get past the raid wall it seems a lot of people hit.  Where the difficulty meets being to get 40 people into a raid.   I found myself logging in, doing dailies and standing around in Thayd in my gear.   Thats pretty much it.

Sadly days of 40 men dungeons are gone now. If they wasted so much resources at end game to appease  a minority and even that isn't working for them. they should honestly scrap the whole 40 men raid and dailies, i believe that majority of players are really exhausted by this kind of gameplay.

• Moar61Moar61 Member UncommonPosts: 260

ESO has the same feeling in the middle veteran rank zones, but the 1-50 and I am guessing the veteran crowd is chilling in Craglorn. Over the last couple weeks though the population seemed to surge (likely due to the move to Steam). They also cut their PVP servers down to three to fill them up, and likely  did the same to the shards. 

There's nothing wrong with a smaller amount of people so long as they fill out the world. Cut back on the amount of servers until there is a demand for more

• sonicwhip2sonicwhip2 Member Posts: 86
    Carbine should just swallow their pride and just go F2P already for the sake of this game. NCsoft wont hesitate to do away with Wildstar like they did to City of Heroes. When I played the beta the game really felt like another WoW clone even though many argue that it is not.
  • StzzaStzza Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx
    Originally posted by Stzza

Sadly days of 40 men dungeons are gone now. If they wasted so much resources at end game to appease  a minority and even that isn't working for them. they should honestly scrap the whole 40 men raid and dailies, i believe that majority of players are really exhausted by this kind of gameplay.

Couldn't agree more.  A lot of friends and guildies quitting said they would stick it out if 25 mans were an option.  Dailies are gross and lazy filler in my opinion.

Playing : DayZ

Played : EVE, GW, SB, DF, AoC, WoW, WaR, L1, L2, Rift, AA, WS

Loved: DAoC, EVE, SB, old WoW, L2, GW2, EQ1-2

• megaraxmegarax Member UncommonPosts: 269

40 man raids were different ten years ago in WoW. You logged on vent an hour before raid and had some fun. It wasn't so serious as it is today. We were a 25+ guild so that may have been part of it.

Maybe the age of 40-man raids are gone.

• GabiruGabiru Member UncommonPosts: 63
    I would be surprised if people were still playing that sh*t. The game shouldn't even have been released. Ncsoft still on their best as always, ruling since L2 times

• Originally posted by Gabiru
    I would be surprised if people were still playing that sh*t. The game shouldn't even have been released. Ncsoft still on their best as always, ruling since L2 times

Played the beta a bit but unistalled after reach level 11, generic themepark hub grinder.

Imo, they should have released it as a B2P game, like Guild Wars 2 + cosmetic cash shop, p2p don't work well with wow clones since there is already, you know, wow.

Maybe i will try it again as a f2p game, but there is no way i will pay a monthly sub for a stagnant game like this.

• PioneerStewPioneerStew Member Posts: 874
    Originally posted by megarax

40 man raids were different ten years ago in WoW. You logged on vent an hour before raid and had some fun. It wasn't so serious as it is today. We were a 25+ guild so that may have been part of it.

People forget that at the time of WOW 40 man's there was a huge and very active population to select 40 people from.  Even then it could take a long, long time to pull a 40 man together, and you often had to take some randoms (although this did not matter as the raids enabled you to carry a minority of poor players).

Quite how a company thought 40 man's were a feasibly proposition in this day and in this market is beyond me.   

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Originally posted by PioneerStew

People forget that at the time of WOW 40 man's there was a huge and very active population to select 40 people from.  Even then it could take a long, long time to pull a 40 man together, and you often had to take some randoms (although this did not matter as the raids enabled you to carry a minority of poor players).

Quite how a company thought 40 man's were a feasibly proposition in this day and in this market is beyond me.   

Back in the days of 40 man raids in WoW, raiding also "meant" something.

Epics were epic, storywise alot of players could relate to what's going on, people wanted to kill certain bosses because they hated them for doing this or that to their faction or race, realmpride etc. etc.

Our guild had 60 people signed in for 40 man raids, everyone wanted to contribute. Our guild had players who were doctors or otherwise folks in high positions in real life and those players were serious about killing certain bosses. Blizzard just delivered it the right way.

Back then, also factions and races meant something and players were connected to their chars, story and backgrounds.

After ten years of clones people just stopped caring about what "meaningless boss XYZ in clone #5642" did, picked the fluffy bouncing pinky kinky race with the bunnyears, went into "GOGOGO" mode for the initial 30 free days and quit after. Games that came with a new IP like Rift or now Wildstar couldn't involve people into their lore because nobody cared anymore and the lore was poorly delivered on many levels.

About everybody predicted that Carbine will be in for hard reality check with their "hardcore or cupcake" attitude and their focus on 40 mans will backfire. Carbine yet refused to learn from mistakes other companies already paid for and corrected 5+ years ago.

Wildstar is now one of the many games in the line of "could have been's".

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by Volgore

Epics were epic, storywise alot of players could relate to what's going on, people wanted to kill certain bosses because they hated them for doing this or that to their faction or race, realmpride etc. etc.

Our guild had 60 people signed in for 40 man raids, everyone wanted to contribute. Our guild had players who were doctors or otherwise folks in high positions in real life and those players were serious about killing certain bosses. Blizzard just delivered it the right way.

Back then, also factions and races meant something and players were connected to their chars, story and backgrounds.

After ten years of clones people just stopped caring about what "meaningless boss XYZ in clone #5642" did, picked the fluffy bouncing pinky kinky race with the bunnyears, went into "GOGOGO" mode for the initial 30 free days and quit after. Games that came with a new IP like Rift or now Wildstar couldn't involve people into their lore because nobody cared anymore and the lore was poorly delivered on many levels.

About everybody predicted that Carbine will be in for hard reality check with their "hardcore or cupcake" attitude and their focus on 40 mans will backfire. Carbine yet refused to learn from mistakes other companies already paid for and corrected 5+ years ago.

Couldn't have said it better.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx
    Originally posted by Volgore

Couldn't have said it better.

I don't think the long 'raids' are that popular anymore, and that players are less likely to get involved with raids that can take hours to complete, i think these days players prefer shorter dungeons etc, where they can be completed in 30 mins, maybe an hour at most, with less emphasis on gear levels and having to have huge groups, if it can be done with 4-8 people then that is i think preferable for the more 'casual' playerbase that games these days seem to be attracting, i don't think there really are that many hard core gamers left these days, i don't know if thats a good or a bad thing but i do know that for one, i am not that interested in even attempting to take part in raids that last much over an hour, if that, because i rarely can spare that much time, and as the WoW generation has 'aged' i wouldn't mind betting that a lot of them are also in the same boat.image

• unclemounclemo Member UncommonPosts: 462
    I quit WildStar because of the bad PvP and grind.  I am loving the better in every way ArcheAge.