Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

City of Hereos udate realy?

Hi there I got a report from this cohnetwork about ncsoft selling City of Heroes to these 5 studios. Ncsoft is not talking about it and not the news media. if there is any manher hear at MMOR{G that can help me out to get the facts the truth. do a youtube video on the mater please do so. the report that I did find is also taking about CITY OF HEROES 2. I do not beleave one dam word sorry about my French. I also got a photo. I do not know how to post it. how to upload it. however tis fantastic looking . its bata eye candy. about Atlas Park looking at Atlas Park City Hall. using the same engine used to develop City of Titans the MMORPG is being develped by Missing World Media. Unreal Engine 4

this is what I have

fom this network. can some one help me out to investag what the heck is going on and report it. I realy love to get my game back on and contiune where I left off. the worlds best MMORPG City of Hereos needs some support please help andf now the report

UPDATE 06/12/2014:

A price was given and deemed 'doable'. They're working on proving their viability as developers. We're not likely to hear anything before August or later. No news is good news.

(07/27/2014: no change)

Timeline of significant events:

The bold comments are direct communications from the team. I have edited them slightly to remove names and such.

Timeline:
March 6 - I get the information and start working on a way to possibly open source CoH.
March 12 - got letter back from Chris Chung - it showed that is WAS possible to buy the game.
March 13 - the team makes its first contact with me and says this: You are an evil, evil man. I'd given up hope after learning of the tax issue. Now here I am now grinning from ear to ear. Likely going to lead to heartbreak, but damned the torpedos. Full speed ahead.
March 21 - Honestly, we had given up hope. Now, you've given us hope, so we're discussing it.
March 28 - We have been reaching out and putting the proposal together. The concern has been the "Golden Handcuffs" option, being shackled to NCSoft again and having the sword of damocles once again hanging over our heads but this time knowing it is there.
April 5 - Made some headway. Now we know who we need to talk to, and a general idea of price. It is very doable.
April 16 - At the end we'll announce it one way or the other. For now it is just this silly business dance in order to reach [Redacted contact]
April 18 - Second studio expresses interest in the game
April 21 - investor expresses interest and is passed to the team
May 1 - third studio expresses interest in the game.
May 21 - I ask how the talks are going and if they are making the team jump through hoops:Stupid. Stupid amounts of hoops, as far as I know.
June 19 - Slow but not dead. Not a big deal, we were focusing on August anyhow.
June 24 - former paragon Dev contacts me and is forwarded to the team
July 3 - Yesterday, we were directed to the man whose signature is needed.
July 3 - after MY reading WAAAY too much into the first message - Er... we're not days away from anything. We're just now in direct contact, which means we're past another hurdle. We still have at least two months of negotiations left ahead of us, at best. This is where the monsters truly do lie.
July 7 - another investor/studio contacts me and is forwarded to the team
July 11- the fifth studio contacts me and is forwarded to the team
July 24 - Direct quote: "we're working very hard on something to show someone. things will be quiet for a bit."

----

ORIGINAL 03/06/2014:

We have some new efforts under way now and I will try and explain where we are currently with the efforts to return City of Heroes. Some folks have dropped off the stage and it is unknown if they will return. Those members are; VV and Ammon. Quinch was working on a proposal to Valve and it is unknown whether or not it was submitted.

One person was left with all of the work and Rae had some family issues arise that stalled everything further.

Now we start again and while I am do not have the stature of VV or Ammon - I am stubborn. I want this game back and I will float my idea to you folks for your input. Contrary to some things we have heard - apparently NCSoft WAS willing to sell the game. Everything was nearly complete when things went awry. The main point is they were willing to sell the IP in good faith.

Now where do we go? Rae is back in at least an advisory function and then there is myself with my wild ideas. Well guess what? I have another wild idea.

I am going to again speak to the Earth and Beyond folks and see how they managed to persuade EA to allow them to openly use the game. Then I am going to go directly to NCSoft and make our case like this:

The game while open and running had a certain value – with servers running, Developers in place, accounts paying in and players in the game – this value was roughly grossing $10 million a year. The net amount I would say could be in the $3-4 million a year if the game had been directly supported and updated alone with exploration into CoH2 taking only a few programmers.
However, that was then and this is now. Let’s take a honest appraisal as one would for a house for sale. The game was based on a custom made engine that is very dated. The game no longer has servers running, there are no accounts in place and you have no players. IF - a large IF – the game returned some players would not come back feeling it just might close again and waste their time. Others have moved on to new games or have pulled back from gaming entirely (I know a few of these). So what is the value of the game now?

I would honestly say under $1 million.

It has some positives in that a lot of people have good vibes for City of Heroes and would like to see it back – even those who didn’t play it. My pitch then is we ask openly for NCSoft allow the players to either openly reverse engineer the game or to allow us to host it and continue development in an open source not for profit manner much like Earth and Beyond. We can point to that game as an ideal solution to aging software. They retain all rights and IP privileges and the players get to play for a much reduced cost.

In fact I would say all AT’s would be open and yet retain the cash store for items and to raise funds for servers and for developers to make updates. Do I hold out a lot of hope on this?

Honestly no, but it has worked for at least one other game.

please help get aa  youtube video on this .

please help the City of Hereos fans thanks

Comments

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

An interesting read...for once.

I wonder if we'll see a kickstarter to fund buying it from NCsoft. $1 million seems doable if they'd actually be willing to sell it for that.

Of course if they've decided to make an CoH2 then there's no way in hell they'd sell the first one.

• Beatnik59Beatnik59 Member UncommonPosts: 2,413

That looks like some speculation that somebody down at Titan Network posted.  There's no story here...I wish there was a story here, but there isn't.

Frankly, I'm more concerned about cutting and pasting some threads from an unaffiliated forum over here, without even asking them if it's alright.  They honestly don't deserve that...especially from someone who claims they loved City of Heroes.  They deserve to be asked directly.

As the Stormtrooper said to his partner, "Nothing to see here, move along."

I also request that this thread be locked down, since it includes personal information.

"...when it comes to pimping EVE I have little restraints."
    --Hellmar, CEO of CCP.

"It's like they took a gun, put it to their nugget sack and pulled the trigger over and over again, each time telling us how great it was that they were shooting themselves in the balls."
    --Exar_Kun on SWG's NGE

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    intresting, though i dont see where the poster above me has any right to deem a thread unimportant or pointless. That is for the mods to decide....sense of entitlement is a bit to high on that one. as for the original poster, it would be nice to see this game come back but i doubt it.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Believing NC would sell the rights for less than 1 million is really naive.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • sn072856sn072856 Member UncommonPosts: 56

CoH - great game...  I do miss it...

But with both the DC and Marvel games out now, any buyer had better do some serious market research before they spend money to buy it..

While I loved the game, I think the market space is questionable these days.

I have a life, its just different from yours.....

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Originally posted by sn072856
    CoH - great game...  I do miss it... But with both the DC and Marvel games out now, any buyer had better do some serious market research before they spend money to buy it..While I loved the game, I think the market space is questionable these days. 

I think this is a very valid point. I also miss CoH/CoV a lot. But just flipping the servers back on wouldn't do the game justice, and spending a lot of money just to turn the servers back on would be a fool's errand.

If the ultimate plan is CoH2, or something along those lines, then it's a bit different story, but you need a whole lot of capitol to pull that off. CoH was a great game, but it would fare poorly against what is available today.

• Beatnik59Beatnik59 Member UncommonPosts: 2,413
    Originally posted by jircris
    intresting, though i dont see where the poster above me has any right to deem a thread unimportant or pointless. That is for the mods to decide....sense of entitlement is a bit to high on that one. as for the original poster, it would be nice to see this game come back but i doubt it.

Because I know that thread that savecityofheroes is talking about.  And nobody, outside of the one who started the rumor, really knows much of anything, despite a bunch of Titan network members who are begging "tell me more!  tell me more!"

What you see, in the OP, is the sum of all the "more" I've read...but I do know this.  The guy who the OP got his information from has wanted to keep this conversation as low-key as possible, for fear that if the rumor IS true, the publicity doesn't scare away the people who are allegedly "hashing things out."

So from my angle, there's really not much here, and nobody that can really help us get to the bottom of this rumor, besides the person who started it.

What disturbs me is the amount of information the OP posted that was never meant to be seen on this forum...things like personal names, forum handles, information given in confidence...that sort of thing.  It would be like me cutting and pasting your guild drama (not that you have any, mind you) in the Pub for people to gawk at and speculate upon.  I have heard that, in EVE, that sort of thing is all good fun.  But I don't think it's appropriate here.

"...when it comes to pimping EVE I have little restraints."
    --Hellmar, CEO of CCP.

"It's like they took a gun, put it to their nugget sack and pulled the trigger over and over again, each time telling us how great it was that they were shooting themselves in the balls."
    --Exar_Kun on SWG's NGE

• MysteryBMysteryB Member UncommonPosts: 355
    I know that even though MULTIPLE efforts to make a game like City of Heroes are underway, I speak with all old City of players when I say PLEASE GOD BE TRUE, DEAR MERCIFUL ALMIGHTY GOD MAKE IT TRUE THAN SMITE NCSOFT TO HADES DOORS!

Mystery Bounty

• Blaze_RockerBlaze_Rocker Member UncommonPosts: 370

I still can't say I understand what is going on but I'm happy to see the old game hasn't been forgotten. NC and Nexon have seen their profits decline as of late and they might be willing to deal. If the trend continues, in six months the price could drop even lower.

Trouble is there's three "spiritual successors" in the works and even now so many have already moved on to other games. If it comes back online I don't see much in the way of profits anymore. It's just a shame NC chose to close it like they did. It could have been running on a skeleton crew this whole time, generating income. Instead NC has the rep of a "Game Killer" and fewer people are willing to trust them with new games.

I played CoH for 85% of its lifetime, but if it came back online today I'm not so sure I'd go back to it even if it were in different hands. I loved it dearly but it may be time to move on for good. image

I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.

• therain93therain93 Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by Beatnik59
    Originally posted by jircris

Because I know that thread that savecityofheroes is talking about.  And nobody, outside of the one who started the rumor, really knows much of anything, despite a bunch of Titan network members who are begging "tell me more!  tell me more!"

What you see, in the OP, is the sum of all the "more" I've read...but I do know this.  The guy who the OP got his information from has wanted to keep this conversation as low-key as possible, for fear that if the rumor IS true, the publicity doesn't scare away the people who are allegedly "hashing things out."

So from my angle, there's really not much here, and nobody that can really help us get to the bottom of this rumor, besides the person who started it.

What disturbs me is the amount of information the OP posted that was never meant to be seen on this forum...things like personal names, forum handles, information given in confidence...that sort of thing.  It would be like me cutting and pasting your guild drama (not that you have any, mind you) in the Pub for people to gawk at and speculate upon.  I have heard that, in EVE, that sort of thing is all good fun.  But I don't think it's appropriate here.

"Loose lips sink ships", as the saying goes.

I have to say, referring to the "guy who the OP got his information from" clearly didn't want to keep the conversation as "low key as possible", since he posted it on a web forum.  I want to see CoH back badly too, but the rumors that people spread and cling on to are terrible.  And, if there are kernels of truth, then shame on people for sharing that information with amateurs who have no notion of discretion and confidentiality.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

Originally posted by savecityofheroes
     Hi there I got a report from this cohnetwork about ncsoft selling City of Heroes to these 5 studios. Ncsoft is not talking about it and not the news media. if there is any manher hear at MMOR{G that can help me out to get the facts the truth. do a youtube video on the mater please do so. the report that I did find is also taking about CITY OF HEROES 2. I do not beleave one dam word sorry about my French. I also got a photo. I do not know how to post it. how to upload it. however tis fantastic looking . its bata eye candy. about Atlas Park looking at Atlas Park City Hall. using the same engine used to develop City of Titans the MMORPG is being develped by Missing World Media. Unreal Engine 4this is what I havefom this network. can some one help me out to investag what the heck is going on and report it. I realy love to get my game back on and contiune where I left off. the worlds best MMORPG City of Hereos needs some support please help andf now the reportUPDATE 06/12/2014:A price was given and deemed 'doable'. They're working on proving their viability as developers. We're not likely to hear anything before August or later. No news is good news.(07/27/2014: no change)Timeline of significant events:.The bold comments are direct communications from the team. I have edited them slightly to remove names and such.Timeline:March 6 - I get the information and start working on a way to possibly open source CoH.March 12 - got letter back from Chris Chung - it showed that is WAS possible to buy the game.March 13 - the team makes its first contact with me and says this: You are an evil, evil man. I'd given up hope after learning of the tax issue. Now here I am now grinning from ear to ear. Likely going to lead to heartbreak, but damned the torpedos. Full speed ahead.March 21 - Honestly, we had given up hope. Now, you've given us hope, so we're discussing it.March 28 - We have been reaching out and putting the proposal together. The concern has been the "Golden Handcuffs" option, being shackled to NCSoft again and having the sword of damocles once again hanging over our heads but this time knowing it is there.April 5 - Made some headway. Now we know who we need to talk to, and a general idea of price. It is very doable.April 16 - At the end we'll announce it one way or the other. For now it is just this silly business dance in order to reach [Redacted contact]April 18 - Second studio expresses interest in the gameApril 21 - investor expresses interest and is passed to the teamMay 1 - third studio expresses interest in the game.May 21 - I ask how the talks are going and if they are making the team jump through hoops:Stupid. Stupid amounts of hoops, as far as I know.June 19 - Slow but not dead. Not a big deal, we were focusing on August anyhow.June 24 - former paragon Dev contacts me and is forwarded to the teamJuly 3 - Yesterday, we were directed to the man whose signature is needed.July 3 - after MY reading WAAAY too much into the first message - Er... we're not days away from anything. We're just now in direct contact, which means we're past another hurdle. We still have at least two months of negotiations left ahead of us, at best. This is where the monsters truly do lie.July 7 - another investor/studio contacts me and is forwarded to the teamJuly 11- the fifth studio contacts me and is forwarded to the teamJuly 24 - Direct quote: "we're working very hard on something to show someone. things will be quiet for a bit."----ORIGINAL 03/06/2014:We have some new efforts under way now and I will try and explain where we are currently with the efforts to return City of Heroes. Some folks have dropped off the stage and it is unknown if they will return. Those members are; VV and Ammon. Quinch was working on a proposal to Valve and it is unknown whether or not it was submitted.One person was left with all of the work and Rae had some family issues arise that stalled everything further.Now we start again and while I am do not have the stature of VV or Ammon - I am stubborn. I want this game back and I will float my idea to you folks for your input. Contrary to some things we have heard - apparently NCSoft WAS willing to sell the game. Everything was nearly complete when things went awry. The main point is they were willing to sell the IP in good faith.Now where do we go? Rae is back in at least an advisory function and then there is myself with my wild ideas. Well guess what? I have another wild idea.I am going to again speak to the Earth and Beyond folks and see how they managed to persuade EA to allow them to openly use the game. Then I am going to go directly to NCSoft and make our case like this:The game while open and running had a certain value – with servers running, Developers in place, accounts paying in and players in the game – this value was roughly grossing $10 million a year. The net amount I would say could be in the $3-4 million a year if the game had been directly supported and updated alone with exploration into CoH2 taking only a few programmers.However, that was then and this is now. Let’s take a honest appraisal as one would for a house for sale. The game was based on a custom made engine that is very dated. The game no longer has servers running, there are no accounts in place and you have no players. IF - a large IF – the game returned some players would not come back feeling it just might close again and waste their time. Others have moved on to new games or have pulled back from gaming entirely (I know a few of these). So what is the value of the game now?I would honestly say under $1 million.It has some positives in that a lot of people have good vibes for City of Heroes and would like to see it back – even those who didn’t play it. My pitch then is we ask openly for NCSoft allow the players to either openly reverse engineer the game or to allow us to host it and continue development in an open source not for profit manner much like Earth and Beyond. We can point to that game as an ideal solution to aging software. They retain all rights and IP privileges and the players get to play for a much reduced cost.In fact I would say all AT’s would be open and yet retain the cash store for items and to raise funds for servers and for developers to make updates. Do I hold out a lot of hope on this?Honestly no, but it has worked for at least one other game. please help get aa  youtube video on this .please help the City of Hereos fans thanks  

Someone needs to use spellcheck!!!!!!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• savecityofheroessavecityofheroes Member CommonPosts: 2
    for people who read this that was the plan. so far Google filed charges against COHREVIVAL Breaking copy right laws, breaking law of the use of the internet Then many other charges. Attacking City of Heroes fans. The project is fake. and cyber war. I have photo of Atlas Statue done in MS DOS saying  there is not going to be a Alpha or Bata game play in late 2015 and not in the future. COHREVIVAL dose not want City of Heroes  back on the market. working on City of Titans.
  • frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    According to the dates, each one of those updates is well over a year old. If you weren't holding your breath then, probably best not to start now
  • savecityofheroessavecityofheroes Member CommonPosts: 2
    DamonVile said:

An interesting read...for once.

I wonder if we'll see a kickstarter to fund buying it from NCsoft. $1 million seems doable if they'd actually be willing to sell it for that.

Of course if they've decided to make an CoH2 then there's no way in hell they'd sell the first one.

if you want a update of the progress on COHREVIVAL. The news is doom and gloom! The entire project is not real. There is no production work being done at COHREVIVAL to create CITY OF HEROES using Unreal Engine 4.8 The work files is lost its a lie. There is no work files other then the art photos that is not real.  There is not going to  be a Alpha Game play  for the end of 2015 There is no work files. Google put the stop to the project. it may end up in court. The  charges is serious. and  cyber war and copy right law is broken. There is not going to be a kickstarter for COH. NCSOFT got banned by US PAT office on COH 2

The good news is not clear yet. if Donald Trump wins this 2016 election. and I will make sure that is campaign manager will get my international report of NCSOFT  by the end of 1017 that if Donald Trump wins the election. I might get a action. after all the US forces that is fighting for our freedom in the USA They do play COH to spend time with there family on there off time duty.