Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] H1Z1: What’s Next for H1Z1?

2»

Comments

• greatskysgreatskys Member UncommonPosts: 451
    I don't really give two hoots about whether its a spiritual successor to SWG or not . I only care about if it a good zombie sandbox mmo . If it is I for one will be very happy . I love the zombie genre and to get to play a simulation which is about more than killing other survivors is what I have been hoping for . 
  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    I had hoped to get more info on this game..kind of a let down panel...

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Lheiah
    Do you lose all progression when you die in this game? I see it being a gankfest and have no desire to be a eternal lowbie, but at the same time not interested in a pure pve server either (or a special rule set server that 10 people are playing on). At least the release game will be free, wonder how much they're going to bleed us for early access? You know, to test their game. Think early access for their games should be included in the All Access Pass.  C'mon SOE, throw premium members a bone!

No. As far as I understand it's just Open PVP ruleset. Not perma-death like Day Z.

Would be way too hardcore for SOE and more importantly, they wouldn't make a dime. As what you going to spend Money on in the cash shop? If you have to reroll every 30 Seconds.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by tawess
    Originally posted by Nasa
    I am still unable to see how this could be a new home for SWG fans, as Mr Smedley said it would be.

I guess that depends on what you took away from SWG.  But let´s break it down as far as i understand it. (based on the info we have)

* Complex crafting that is vital to your progress (just like SWG)

* Player driven economy (just like SWG)

* Sandbox gameplay, be who you want to be. (Just like SWG)

* Class-less system (Just like SWG)

* Build your own home/base/maybe even city (just like SWG)

So there you go... That is how he claimed it woudl be a home for SWG vet´s. Not a unrealistic claim to make based on that info and what the SWG vet´s have said over the years.

Seriously, it is a Zombie game!  How much can you do with that?  As to crafting, initial information shows it would not even hold a candle to what was available in SWG.   The entire problem with the game is picking the Zombie theme which completely makes it a laughing stock.   Like Smed had a huge brainfart and said lets make our new sandbox about Zombies to take advantage of the Zombie rage.   

You are in for a huge surprise if you think this is anything close to the freedom SWG had.  All the people who understood the word "Sandbox" are long gone at SOE.  It is pretty obvious from the information released on the game so far they do not have a clue.

Originally posted by Ozmodan
    I am still unable to see how this could be a new home for SWG fans, as Mr Smedley said it would be.

I guess that depends on what you took away from SWG.  But let´s break it down as far as i understand it. (based on the info we have)

So there you go... That is how he claimed it woudl be a home for SWG vet´s. Not a unrealistic claim to make based on that info and what the SWG vet´s have said over the years.

Seriously, it is a Zombie game!  How much can you do with that?  As to crafting, initial information shows it would not even hold a candle to what was available in SWG.   The entire problem with the game is picking the Zombie theme which completely makes it a laughing stock.   Like Smed had a huge brainfart and said lets make our new sandbox about Zombies to take advantage of the Zombie rage.   

You are in for a huge surprise if you think this is anything close to the freedom SWG had.  All the people who understood the word "Sandbox" are long gone at SOE.  It is pretty obvious from the information released on the game so far they do not have a clue.

The only person that knew what sandbox is, left SOE over 8 years ago.

John Smedley is slowly becoming the new laughing stock in the game industry. If he isn't already.

That guy has been lying and rambling nonsense to his customer base since before the CU update of SWG. /facepalm

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

The only person that knew what sandbox is, left SOE over 8 years ago.

John Smedley is slowly becoming the new laughing stock in the game industry. If he isn't already.

That guy has been lying and rambling nonsense to his customer base since before the CU update of SWG. /facepalm

I'm hoping the delay to get to EA is because they decided to fire up an old SWG server to get some ideas "shrugs"

• sgtalonsgtalon Member UncommonPosts: 129

I am getting a little peeved at the Early Access theme that the gaming industry has turned to. PS2 alpha and beta was great. Landmark Beta sucks. 7 day beta unless you pay them. No thanks.

Same with all the other damn Alpha and Beta's out there. What ever happened to developers actually putting some effort into inviting people that are actually useful to the Beta process that will give valuable feedback, PS2 Alpha was mainly PS1 veterans. It was actually enjoyable. 

I really hope they are not going to make us pay to help them work the bugs out of their FREE game...

I am pretty excited about this game though. It seems like it is going to be way better than DayZ. I actually  shelled out $30 for that game, kinda wishing I hadn't.

• Red_ThomasRed_Thomas Member RarePosts: 666
    Do you lose all progression when you die in this game? I see it being a gankfest and have no desire to be a eternal lowbie, but at the same time not interested in a pure pve server either (or a special rule set server that 10 people are playing on). At least the release game will be free, wonder how much they're going to bleed us for early access? You know, to test their game. Think early access for their games should be included in the All Access Pass.  C'mon SOE, throw premium members a bone!

No. As far as I understand it's just Open PVP ruleset. Not perma-death like Day Z.

Would be way too hardcore for SOE and more importantly, they wouldn't make a dime. As what you going to spend Money on in the cash shop? If you have to reroll every 30 Seconds.

It's not perma-death, but you do lose your stuff.  You keep the recipes you learned, so it plays a lot like RUST and Day Z.

And you're right about the cash shop part of it.  I suspect they'll be able to make some off of cosmetic stuff, but I'm not sure where else they'll make money.  Though it's a small team, so they probably don't have to do a lot to be really successful.

w/r to Early Access.  I'd be really surprised if you didn't hear something over the next couple weeks.  It's a rough game, but it's super early in development.  Even with that, I still have to say that I found it a more solid experience than most of the other games I've played in the same genre.  I think their big hurdle left is server persistence.  You don't want to lose your huge fort just because the server had to reboot.  As games go, that can't be a huge problem to solve, so if that's all that's holding them up, I'm betting you get an announcement soon(our version of soon, not developer-soon).

Originally posted by ricoxg

It's not perma-death, but you do lose your stuff.  You keep the recipes you learned, so it plays a lot like RUST and Day Z.

And you're right about the cash shop part of it.  I suspect they'll be able to make some off of cosmetic stuff, but I'm not sure where else they'll make money.  Though it's a small team, so they probably don't have to do a lot to be really successful.

w/r to Early Access.  I'd be really surprised if you didn't hear something over the next couple weeks.  It's a rough game, but it's super early in development.  Even with that, I still have to say that I found it a more solid experience than most of the other games I've played in the same genre.  I think their big hurdle left is server persistence.  You don't want to lose your huge fort just because the server had to reboot.  As games go, that can't be a huge problem to solve, so if that's all that's holding them up, I'm betting you get an announcement soon(our version of soon, not developer-soon).

Well losing all your stuff is a show stopper for me. Just plain don't like it.

I play games for fun!  And the setting this game is in, I would be able to swallow the whole Open PVP ruleset and try it out again.  But not with constantly losing all your stuff each time you die!

It's just too exploitable by griefers who are just going to camp spawn points with sniper rifles constantly killing People. Or following you around, waiting till you loot something and then kill you off.

Thanks but no thanks. So I sadly will pass this game.