Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

kids game

amx23amx23 Member Posts: 102

Comments

• amx23amx23 Member Posts: 102
    "every time a single item enters the game, or as soon as a monster that has abilities enters the game, the strategic landscape that has led me to that body of decisions have changed"...Yeah, try min maxing classes like you do in other mmos to make perfect builds, you cant in this game. its anarchy.
    You follow? watch video. every item effects abilities and the like. There are no favorable builds when an item enters it sets a chain reaction. stock market mmo
    They can tweak AI where even monsters with low hp low stats can kill you because it wont make stupid decisions and makes smart ones
  • ElmberryElmberry Member UncommonPosts: 195
    amx are u spamming or talking to yourself ?
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Are you aware that there is an edit button ?

Didnt read the forum rules so i just replied to myself. ill learn to post later
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Originally posted by Elmberry

Naw he's just trying to say that kids do not have any money but adults do. Sony should if they want to take back the MMO market get rid of EQN and redo the graphics engine for EQ. What are we gonna here form the Suits at Sony. Nothing

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Talk about a split personality.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by Elsabolts
    Originally posted by Elmberry

Naw he's just trying to say that kids do not have any money but adults do. Sony should if they want to take back the MMO market get rid of EQN and redo the graphics engine for EQ. What are we gonna here form the Suits at Sony. Nothing

I was not a big EQ fan i liked EQ2 more but i think it was the graphics that really turned me away from EQ1,point being i could live with that being said...a better graphics engine.However i also have seen everything in SOE's game design decisions and imo they miss the boat a LOT,they need to totally change their way of thinking because this is no longer a market for them to dominate based on being the FIRST anymore.Now the market is FLOODED with CHOICES and all doing the same thing so SOE needs to revamp their combat/class/depth of systems structure.

Long point short yes EQ1 design is "better" but still needs to be improved before i would play it.I am looking for a really smart looking team that can make a FFXI design which in some cases is similar to EQ1 but with a LOT of tweaks to make it even better and give classes and roles and grouping MORE impact as is right now linear questing is the ONLY game play devs are offering us.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

who in their right mind create the perfect build in a closed beta and expect it to stay perfect patch after patch....................

nope, cant think of anybody.

You cant, your on a rail, you progress the same ability tree and get better equip, thats it. Vertical progression is a letdown to me now. Horizontal is more fun, 
  • PioneerStewPioneerStew Member Posts: 874
    Originally posted by amx23
    You cant, your on a rail, you progress the same ability tree and get better equip, thats it. Vertical progression is a letdown to me now. Horizontal is more fun, 

You would rather be fat than tall? 

id rather be fat and stuffed than lose weight on a treadmill yes

You can multi-class in this game as you want you can be as powerful as you can with  no limit in certain situations. All it takes is a time and ingenuity and luck. Thats currently whats out there

• holifeetholifeet Member Posts: 532

I don't really think it's a kid's game - far from that really - but I am seriously worried that SOE are making GW2 MkII.

- They changed the lore massively.

I was gutted

- They showed of Kerrans that looked like Disney had a say in art production.

I smirked quietly and sighed loudly.

- They talk of a game based around a small focused set of skills and combat that will have you jumping around trying to avoid the red (we should trademark that for MMOs...'The Red!TM).

I thought I was watching a preview video for GW2 from 2011. Dave's really Colin Johanson after surgery, right?

Seriously MMO-scene (and I'm talking to all the developers), does a game have to have people jumping about, as if on some fancy designer narcotic, focused skill sets and big patches of red to be successful? Or is every developer of this genre so lacking in ideas that they copy the game that came before.

Brad McQuaid may goof up more times than Mr Bean, but at least he has some ideas that are a little diffferent.

I played GW2 and got motion sickness;

I played ESO and got RSI;

I played Wildstar; my wrist dropped off just after I'd gotten bored of doing everything I'd done before!

And EQN weants to do it too? MMOs are like my nephew - he can't sit still!

All hail the Pixel, for it is glorious Orange!
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Originally posted by holifeet

- They talk of a game based around a small focused set of skills and combat that will have you jumping around trying to avoid the red (we should trademark that for MMOs...'The Red!TM).

You might want to remove your red glasses or whatever makes you see red somewhere on the ground, because there isn't any in either Landmark or EQNext combat demos...

• holifeetholifeet Member Posts: 532
    Originally posted by azarhal
    Originally posted by holifeet

You might want to remove your red glasses or whatever makes you see red somewhere on the ground, because there isn't any in either Landmark or EQNext combat demos...

I never mentioned Landmark, and when I talk about red in EQN I was referring to the BIll video where he quite plainly states 'stay out of the red'. I was gonna find you a link and the time in the video where he mentions it; but I presume your glasses are the ones that avoid any negative talk about a game, and you'd find something to niggle.

You knew what I meant. Anyone who plays MMOs knew what I meant.

All hail the Pixel, for it is glorious Orange!
  • IggunsIgguns Member UncommonPosts: 71
    No more spam talking to self.  The green margin on the left hurts my eyes.  Please, no more!
  • QuillimQuillim Member UncommonPosts: 83

EQN and Landmark largely are kids games. And rightfully so, to be brutally honest. Different generations of gaming expect different things out of their games, and I think this current one is looking simply for something they can play with their kids. Its one of the main reasons that complex UI's have gone the way of the dodo, as complex UI's tend to limit your potential userbase to those willing to learn them, and within that.. those willing to master them.

Heck, Diablo III.. for all that it isn't.. has sold 20 million copies. Why? Because its not that hard a game to simply play for half an hour and have fun with when you're blowing off steam and then go do something else. You can also play it on consoles, which is what a lot of kids still use these days. I really think MMO's are still chasing WoW, when EQN is chasing Minecraft and the games that are appealing to that wider audience. Games that can be played for a short time and then ignored. Games you don't have to spend 100 hours a week in(at the detriment of the other parts of your life) to be good at.

So you don't like it, because its not WoW? Because its not Everquest? Oh well. There are a lot more people out there NOT like you that want something light that they can play with their kids from time to time that do. Go find a game you do like, or play the ones you love, and let other people have that same choice.