Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Price of Subscription going up soon!

SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

Well well, 9+ months without new content, people leaving the game by the thousands and we get a subscription price increase....

I am lost for words so I will just ask you guys to say something about this.

ps: Notice how it is now more expensive to buy a 60 day game time card than to pay two months individually! WTF

LINK: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11546524896?page=1#1

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation

Comments

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    That doesn't seem real official. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    That doesn't seem real official. 

Check the forum, it is an official announcement. Check on MMO champ too...

New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Mamma Mia people were predicting WoW going F2P instead they raise subs lol. Gotta admire the chutzpah 
    Chamber of Chains
  • PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977

Current exchange 1 euro = 1.34 dollars

9.99 euro = 13.39 dollars

U.S. pays $14.99 for one month

• peglegpegleg Member UncommonPosts: 212
    All hail the US Dollar.

All MMO's have grinds. If you don't like to Grind then MMO's are not for you.

Originally posted by Pepeq

This is pound sterling, not euro...

9.99 pounds is almost 17 dollars

Then this will be a true test of you die hard sub or nothing types... you're paying more so apparently you're getting a better experience LOL.
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    $17 a month is still cheap for the entertainment you receive...Went to see TMNT, it costed over $50 with the family.  I could have 3 subs for that much a month.
  • doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    You should probably update the title to "Price of Subscription going up soon in the UK only".
    They should have paid you to watch that movie.
  • DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

As a thank you for current World of Warcraft subscribers, we guarantee that players with recurring (auto-renewing) subscriptions at the time of the price change will retain their current price for two years, as long as they remain in the same recurring subscription without interruption. This applies to anyone who is already in, or signs up for, a recurring subscription prior to the price change, which is scheduled to take place at the Warlords of Draenor release. We will reach out to relevant players approximately two months prior to the price change with a reminder.

Sounds more like another way to try to draw people back into subs. Any auto renew subs stay at old price for 2 years.

Wonder if this works out and they get a nice boost of people subbing, if they will try this in other markets:P

Might work for some, but i think a lot of people that drop subs just come back for 1-2 months on the expansions, and would not think much of this.

Mess with the sub price on an old game could also bite them on the rear. Never know what will set off people. Oh well we shall see.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    WOW fans love WOW, most of them will pay it, at least until they grind thru the new content.

I'll bet a surprising number stay subbed just to keep their discount rate.

Blizzard are pro at monetizing.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AngztAngzt Member Posts: 230
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    It should go up more. It's going up to 9.99 Euro for a month. That isn't even $15.

don't botherm this topic ain't about logic.

but for the record, that's POUND.  

makes 16.68 USD

and if you read that post for REAL. you will notice the price won't go up for europe, just for brittain. sucks you didnt wanna join..

a big "awwwwwwwww" for the britts!

"believe me, mike.. i calculated the odds of this working against the odds that i was doing something incredibly stupid… and i did it anyway!"

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    WOW amazing. Blizzard you so silly!

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

If you fell ya getting value at £8.99 or £9.99 or £99.99 then continue paying, else don't.... simple's.

At least they're saying now and not just as WoD releases and millions are locked into a pre-order.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Price is going up in UK only. This is to bring it in line with Euro and USD.

The 60-day item costs slightly more than two months of 30-day subscription because it is a physical product. This is common for pre-paid cards.

But don't let facts get in the way of hysteria.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

To me it looks like more the price of pounds going down than the price of WoW subscription going up.

WoW Europe's current sub price is 12.99€/month, or 11.20€/month if you pay in pounds. After this sub increase the price will be 12.99€/month, or 12.40€/month if you pay in pounds.

Nothing to see here, Blizzard is just updating their currency exchange rates that probably were last updated around Christmas 2004.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

^This

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• AztecAztec Member UncommonPosts: 101
    Originally posted by AmbrosiaAmor
    WOW amazing. Blizzard you so silly!

Actually they may not be so silly. All the current games in development seem to be losers and people are talking about going back to WOW. It is a trend and I found it hard to fathom myself. I personally will not go back to WOW as it is a step backwards. I will give live life and be free, well until they come up with a good game but that could be many years away at the current rate.

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933

The new pricing will affect only the UK. 

That's what you get when you refuse to join the happy euro band wagon. image

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

I'm dutch, so I'm not affected by this.

However, this needs to be said:

They could increase my sub fee by 20 euros and I'd still get my money's worth every month.

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    When i use to play wow was not $14.99 ending up $15.49 not sure why but that's just how much I ending up taken from me every month.
  • HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997
    Originally posted by Seelinnikoi

This is pound sterling, not euro...

9.99 pounds is almost 17 dollars

just to put this last in the thread too, since people keep post as if the new price were in Euro, when the post is about UK only change in pounds.

not to say Id go mad over 2 dollars...but then I dont play the game anyway ;P

Fellow gamers, you are all missing the point.

It is not about going up 2 dollars, 1 pound or whatever... it is the total poker face they have when they are out of content for over 9 months AND are now raising the subscription!

People who love WoW would pay much more than that, but of course that is not the point here.

I am just amazed that Blizzard is doing it, specially at this moment in time with this year long content drought.

On a side note, why did the price not go down in a recession? Yeah... thought so Blizzard.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Looks totally like an exchange rate adjustment, so of course it's a mechanical announcement.

Not sure when gamers started expecting regular content updates for their sub fee, that fee gives you the right to play the game as is, nothing more.

If they choose to release new current in between the paid expansions, that's just them being magnanimous, they are perfectly within their right to go off and spend the sub fees on beer and hookers if they choose.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon