Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

thinking of coming back

2»

Comments

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

I PvP with a minion master these days, and the spec can be really strong. In a 1 on 1 fight MM's are very hard to kill with all their minions around, it's doable but hard. Many people underestimate the power of the MM and the damage it can dish out, even two on one you can still come out on top. I always grin when I see a Thief / Ranger DPS duo coming for the point I'm capping. They get overconfident and simply get destroyed by the conditions. Kiling one is nearly a given, also killing the second should be quite possible from time to time. When they come for a second round, they'll probably be more careful.

A warrior that knows what he's doing is going to be a close call though.

imageimage
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Have they added more max level land mass lately?  I logged in the other night and looked for the new content...couldn't find it.  Looked on the forums and didn't see much other than "Living Story" which is not my cup o tea.
  • BeelzebobbieBeelzebobbie Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Originally posted by Mardukk
    Have they added more max level land mass lately?  I logged in the other night and looked for the new content...couldn't find it.  Looked on the forums and didn't see much other than "Living Story" which is not my cup o tea.

The living story is adding new content, west of brisbane wildlands there is a new zone called Drytop check it out it's sooooo sweet. Lovley enviorment.

• almerelalmerel Member UncommonPosts: 658

I just came back to the game last week after a very long absence. I find that my busy life does not work well with the P2P model.

The anti social things is a lie, unless of course you need to be grouped to have fun. I like the fact I don't have to group up with people to play with them. Any time I have died or needed help someone has been there to help me. 

-Almerel

Hello my old friend.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Been playing again for a few weeks here, and the game is playing well. Splitting my time between wvw, fractals, wandering map while doing daily, gathering on Orr, working on ascended weapon + legendary, personal story. Banking living story 2 and new zone for later. The game really is going the way if ge1 in early years - steadily growing. Loving the game again.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793
    I think it's worth it to come back if only for the living story and feature pack on September 9th. The megaserver system is also working pretty well.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• SleepyfishSleepyfish Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by TweFoju

today, i actually updated the game for the 1st time since i stopped playing like 1 year + ?

i stopped after 5 months into the game, and due to the fact that many people start talking about the new season and how good it was, i decided to update the game and tries to login and see what have changed,

4 hours played, and nope, i regretted updating the client, yes the world and all are refreshing to see again after a year, but then i was still in my Guild, and only 2 people that i dont even know was Online, so i tried to ask around and chat, still the same anti social game it was back in 2013.

Its a shame really the game had so much potential in Beta1-3. But instead of addressing class concerns in beta the simply scrapped all the interesting class aspects into uselessness and neglected the Dynamic event system they touted in favor of instances and grinding. They could have at least made the hunger games event a permanent fixture. There is still so much I liked about the game, they just made is socially obsolete by separating pvp and pve to where you essentially have 2 games that have to be watered down to compensate for the other. I knew when they started gimping the skill system right out of beta3, we were going to have problems.