Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Returned with a friend recently, having a blast.

kairel182kairel182 SMD, RIPosts: 241Member Uncommon

We decided to start fresh and jump back into the game after a years of absence and let me tell you, it was definitely the right decision.  The only thing preventing me from continuing to play the game was the subscription fee and now that it's a one time $9.99 purchase, we couldn't resist reliving our absolute favorite MMO of all time.

The game's population has doubled across all servers since it went B2P instead of subscription, and it certainly shows since there are lots of people around even the starter town - low and high levels alike.  We fully expected to be taken back to old times, but there is so much new; mostly good, some questionable, but all fascinating that it's a lot to even take in at this point.  If you haven't played in years like us, it'll feel a bit overwhelming at first.

Anyone else considering coming back, I would highly recommend doing so as the resurgence of players and the nostalgia are overloading!  Frostfell is the highest populated "White" server, though Darktide (PK server) is still slightly higher in population on average.

If you do roll on Frostfell, feel free to hit me up - Torgrim Voidrender - in game.  We'll be around smashing bugs or beating up monkeys, somewhere!

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Edmonds, WAPosts: 2,365Member Uncommon
    I really considered it, I just didn't know how the game was doing population wise, and how they treat new players. I tend to have this experience with older games where you get in and if you have any questions people just tend to ignore you completely.
  • kairel182kairel182 SMD, RIPosts: 241Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Panther2103
    I really considered it, I just didn't know how the game was doing population wise, and how they treat new players. I tend to have this experience with older games where you get in and if you have any questions people just tend to ignore you completely.

The community is beyond helpful.  Friend asked in general chat about allegiances recruiting returning players and asking for information - within seconds he had 4-8 people message him recommending different ones to join.

You usually have people answer your questions immediately, especially if you ask in an allegiance once you join up.  The population is really, really packed on Frostfell.  Holtburg - the main starter town - has multiple buff bots for the public and there's usually 10-20 people there.

And anything that's a bit more in-depth, you always have ACpedia and various sites that you can look up more advanced things and changes that have occurred.

If you're considering playing or returning but worried about population/community, definitely pick it up.  Very helpful to new and returning players alike, so long as you're not begging for stuff, people will often even hook up new players with gear or experience to get them going.

• kairel182kairel182 SMD, RIPosts: 241Member Uncommon

An update from the previous post.

Friend and I have joined an albeit small but helpful allegiance that has been very open and helpful both in information to our questions and starting gear from the mansion we own.  Also was introduced to a lot of quests that were introduced long after I left previously that are repeatable for a large chunk of experience.

It's been a very fun experience, we've almost hit 100 each, respectively.  The starter town, Holtburg, is alive with so many people and buffing services of other players to help out the entire community.  I've seen quite a bit of returning players, some from even longer ago than the last time I had played, asking questions and getting back into the game.

It still has it's share of downsides, one being macros farming some of the dungeons, but so far it hasn't been prohibitive to any real degree.

If you haven't played in a very long time or have never played it at all and are tired of the standard quest hub/gear grind rat race, come check the old girl out.  She may be a bit rough on the eyes after the last decade and a half, but given some quality time you'll see just how giving and thoughtful she can be!  (creepy but accurate).

• ArakaneArakane Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 200Member Uncommon

also recent returnee, grabbed 2 of my old-ish accounts,with 1 more to go. the originals are long since lost but doesn't matter. It's fun mucking about in AC again, the community is top-shelf as well. A lot of "rust" to get rid of so decided the easiest course was to just start fresh as much was added to the game in my absence. Hail Asheron !  :)

• NightfyreNightfyre Pandora, OHPosts: 173Member Uncommon
    Man, it's been so long since I played this game.  Though I've thought of it many times, it was a fun game.
  • ArakaneArakane Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 200Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Nightfyre
    Man, it's been so long since I played this game.  Though I've thought of it many times, it was a fun game.

for the one-time fee they charge for life-time access to well over a decade of content and improvements etc., you could do a lot worse , come on back :)