It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I am posting this here so I dont grief the EVE players too much. Besides they pay for it. :-)
Here are the reasons I left EVE to play Perpetuum. I will list from first reason to last! Enjoy!
1. Probably the best reason to play Perpetuum. Only a 1 time fee per account for the game. NO SUBS EVER!@!!!!!. Yes you heeard it! No subscription fees. Tired of fishing out that 14.99 or a Plex every month to keep that EVE account going? Watch older long term players never pay for a subscription while you always end up paying one way or the other.
I currently run 3 Perpetuum accounts. After buying the game I never have to subscribe and can play my characters to my own delight without the hassle or worry of a subscription.
2. WASD controls! Unlike EVEs point and click(Which Perpetuum has as well) you can also go manual and use WASD controls. This is a biggie for me as it leaves my options open for movement. They also have autobots to make traveling over long distance easier.
3. PVP is much more fun on a world than in space. Thats right, you heard it! PVP in Perpetuum is frigging AWESOME!!!@ Can hide behinde cover. Terrain, Buildings, all in 0/0 Beta Islands. Mass battles, incursions, Ambushes, very few rats!!
4. Almost the same as EVE for Industry, Economics, Factories, Mining, Research, and the inclusion of Horticulture! Tech Levels!!
5. Mechs are more fun than ships!! I have much more fun on mob farming than I ever did in EVE. Can outfit in all kinds of different specs.
6. The skill system! Just as vast as EVE's skill system. Skills lead into others, Character Development is a serious shining star for this game!
7. Ahh the politics, nothing more fun than seeing the tussles of corporations arguing over territory or actually going to war.
For those of you who play EVE. This is for you! Why give out money you dont have to!