Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SMITE: Headed to XBox One in 2015

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Hi Rez Studios announced that it will be bringing SMITE to the XBox One via the  ID-Xbox self-publishing program. The announcement was made at Gamescom with the additional news that SMITE would be available on XBox One in 2015.

“SMITE's high-action gameplay makes it unique among leading MOBAs in that it is incredibly fun and engaging to play on a console controller,” said Todd Harris, Chief Operating Officer of Hi-Rez Studios. “The Xbox One provides the perfect platform for us to bring the Battleground of the Gods to console gamers around the world.”

“As a third-person action game, SMITE is perfectly suited for the Xbox One controller”, said Chris Charla, Director of ID@Xbox for Microsoft.  “We’re excited to feature a MOBA that fits our console audience in gameplay and look forward to Xbox gamers around the globe battling for dominance.”

Find out more about SMITE.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482

havent played my xbone1 since the 1st week of release..maybe it will be time to dust it off..more n likely i wont tho..still have no clue why i bought it lmao

i hope its exclusive for xbone1 only..screw sony n smed..hate em with a passion lol

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by BurntCabbage

havent played my xbone1 since the 1st week of release..maybe it will be time to dust it off..more n likely i wont tho..still have no clue why i bought it lmao

i hope its exclusive for xbone1 only..screw sony n smed..hate em with a passion lol

Well it can't be exclusive, since it's already been out on PC for around 3 years now. (including the betas)

That said, while I'm not really a fan of xbox, I hope the game does well. Hopefully it will continue to grow.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Well I really hope that it plays well on the Xbox one. I have one of them so I'll probably try it out, my only real issue is that I have spent money on it on the pc, gotten skins, bought the god pack back in closed beta where you get every god forever. If they somehow link those accounts I'll be way happier.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

the game plays pretty well with a controller so i think being ported to consoles is a nice idea.

I only wish ARPGs like Path of Exile and Marvel Heroes were the ones doing the transition. I really hate pointing a clicking to move. Hopefully they follow through after DIablo 3 hits the new consoles.

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    I wonder if they will segregate servers of pc's and xbox's. that would be awful to get a bunch of xbox users on my ranked team.

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by bingbongbros
    I wonder if they will segregate servers of pc's and xbox's. that would be awful to get a bunch of xbox users on my ranked team.

supposedly there will be separate servers for xbox & pc players.

• pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

and how on earth will this be helping the game?  :P

it already lacks in community and ranked(league) match making system

and needs a much better player development experience....Not a wider audience

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by pupurun

and how on earth will this be helping the game?  :P

it already lacks in community and ranked(league) match making system

and needs a much better player development experience....Not a wider audience

This.