Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] ArcheAge: Looking Forward - Korean Patch 1.7

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

There are no brakes on the ArcheAge update train. XLGAMES released Patch 1.7 for the Korean version of ArcheAge last month and the features it added are pretty exciting. Let’s take a look at the changes.

Read more of Mark Wilhelm's ArcheAge: Looking Forward - Korean Patch 1.7.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• LudwikLudwik Member UncommonPosts: 407
    Ultimately, I think this game flop in the west just like it did in the east.

One guild or alliance will step up and recruiting half the players on the server putting a stranglehold on the rest of the players which will make lots quit.

Content updates like this are great but it's not going to stop that issue. If anything, bigger bosses needing more people and giving better loot will push more people into the zerg mentality.

Don't get me wrong, it's going to be a great game. But it will be a great game for only 2-3 months then the advantage of the zerg will just be too big for everyone else to compete.

My guess is that 1.7 finds its way into release even if it means delaying the game a few extra months. Trions got a good thing working now, no reason to rush to retail.
  • JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    I have been in Alpha for three month or so now and stil not seen the lvl 30 + areas concentrating on the crafting. I still have tons to see and explore with the current build.  I will be playing this game for many months to come, so for me it comes when it comes. There are tons of things to play with just as it is.

I miss DAoC

• Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 628
    Originally posted by Jackdog
    I have been in Alpha for three month or so now and stil not seen the lvl 30 + areas concentrating on the crafting. I still have tons to see and explore with the current build.  I will be playing this game for many months to come, so for me it comes when it comes. There are tons of things to play with just as it is.

Ditto. Only in Alpha a month. When I was ready to buy my 16x16 plot though I had a bear of a time finding an open slot. Playing on Nuia, as a level 12 I eventually found a plot left in Two Crowns.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Originally posted by Ludwik

One guild or alliance will step up and recruiting half the players on the server putting a stranglehold on the rest of the players which will make lots quit.

Content updates like this are great but it's not going to stop that issue.

What will actually happen is that the smaller guilds/alliances will band together the more of a pain in the ass the larger guild becomes and then start ganging up on them.

That's what happened in Lineage 2 on Hindemith server. When the server got fed up with the larger aggressive alliance the server would rise up and kick them out of their castles.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • maybebakedmaybebaked Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Content updates like this are great but it's not going to stop that issue.

What will actually happen is that the smaller guilds/alliances will band together the more of a pain in the ass the larger guild becomes and then start ganging up on them.

That's what happened in Lineage 2 on Hindemith server. When the server got fed up with the larger aggressive alliance the server would rise up and kick them out of their castles.

I totally agree.  At the beginning of Alpha, there was a large guild that PK'd a lot and pissed a lot of people off.  Despite their numbers, being KoS with everyone else on the server forced them to disband. Being the biggest guild on a server just created animosity and makes you a target.

• FaulknerFaulkner Member UncommonPosts: 108
    Thank You for the update.  Can't wait for the release of the game and the new content they have down the pipe.
  • SamuraiXIVSamuraiXIV Member Posts: 354
    I only worry about finding land to build my own house and farm cause I like to go slow on progress.

"mmorpg.com forum admins are all TROLLS and losers in real life"
    My opinion

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195
    I can do without the cars and skateboards but it's not a deal breaker. In the end..much like the gliders...they'll probably grow on me. Looks like some great additions coming after launch. Sweet!

• seafirexseafirex Member UncommonPosts: 419
    Thank you for the post about that patch.
  • SimsuSimsu Member UncommonPosts: 386

Trion has said in the live streams that they will be launching with 1.2 (and not even all 1.2 - no level 55, no Diamond Shores, no library, and a few other things). This tells me that the rest of 1.2 still come out a few months after launch and 1.7 sometime next year.

Also the tractor is an upgrade that gives you a bench on the pack where someone can sit (i.e. and not get knocked off) and it increases the speed. No extra pack space afaik.

• lpriestlpriest Member UncommonPosts: 20
    I'm surprised this game is still so hyped, considering that combat feels like it belongs in 2004
  • JindaeJindae Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Originally posted by SamuraiXIV
    I only worry about finding land to build my own house and farm cause I like to go slow on progress.

Me too :)

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Content updates like this are great but it's not going to stop that issue. If anything, bigger bosses needing more people and giving better loot will push more people into the zerg mentality.

Don't get me wrong, it's going to be a great game. But it will be a great game for only 2-3 months then the advantage of the zerg will just be too big for everyone else to compete.

My guess is that 1.7 finds its way into release even if it means delaying the game a few extra months. Trions got a good thing working now, no reason to rush to retail.

There will always be big guilds...players that go into a game and then quit because a few large guilds dominate certain things are just not meant for mmos.  There's ton's to do that can be done small scale.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476
    Originally posted by lpriest
    I'm surprised this game is still so hyped, considering that combat feels like it belongs in 2004

whats wrong with 2004 combat?

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    All I was able to see from that article was "cash shop, cash shop, cash shop".
  • SandricSandric Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Originally posted by lathaan

I am not sure why this is such a big deal.  Some people are more into the more action rpg playstyle, especially with the no target, others are not.  That doesn't really matter to me either way as combat overall to me is one of the lower end priorities in a game.   If it is functional, not really disruptive or a pain to do and has a few unique flairs (gliders) I can adjust to any perceive or legitimate minor flaws.

My questions are 1) does it have class diversity (the option of differences), 2) does it have an intriguing crafting system, 3) is it more or less openworld and 4) does it have integrated player housing.  Archeage has all 4 and while it doesn't reinvent the wheel it does replicate it well along with many other game features that are lacking in many games.  I want my gameworld to feel like a world and recently most games have not.

Major or Current Characters
    AC - The Brute lvl 85 macer -HG (retired)
    SWG - Lihone Su'alkn Master Ranger/ MCH - Flurry (Retired)
    EVE - Sulone - Cruiser Lover (Retired)
    LOTRO - Sandric lvl 50 Burg (and others)- Brandywine (Retired)
    GW2 - Sandric lvl 80 Thief - Dragonbrand (Retired)
    NeverWinter - Sandric lvl 60 Rogue - Dragonshard (Retired)
    Archage - Sandric lvl 50 everything - Naima (Active)
    Others (Lots) (Retired)

• lpriestlpriest Member UncommonPosts: 20

Feels outdated and unintuitive as hell to me, instant deal breaker. I guess not everyone feels the same way though.

• KagnestiKagnesti Member UncommonPosts: 37

Dated.  Tab targeting is lazy, removes a lot of skill from combat.  No innovation.  Press tab and tap  1 - 9  like nearly every other  "mmo"  made in the last 10 years.  A feeling of  "been there, done that."  creeps up on you.   

understandable that some people love it , some hate it.  But c'mon people.. the same combat style for 10 years or more..  stagnates the evolution of gaming.

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

If every new MMO was made an action combat game then you simply have one system replace another and nothing really moves forward. It simply changes.

When you get a variety of combat styles being used to make MMOs you give people choices and the whole industry becomes better and stronger and ultimately more interesting. 

Think outside yourself. Your favorite way to play is not the only right way to play. 

All die, so die well.

• popezaphodpopezaphod Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Skateboards look ridiculous.
  • DeathtognomesDeathtognomes Member UncommonPosts: 155
    Originally posted by Kagnesti

Dated.  Tab targeting is lazy, removes a lot of skill from combat.  No innovation.  Press tab and tap  1 - 9  like nearly every other  "mmo"  made in the last 10 years.  A feeling of  "been there, done that."  creeps up on you.   

understandable that some people love it , some hate it.  But c'mon people.. the same combat style for 10 years or more..  stagnates the evolution of gaming.

This kind of combat work best for Greifing, which seems is the only thing PVP'rs know how to do, cuz most usually lose in a fair fight. AS far as the rest of the game goes, as long as the LP system continues to give paying players an unfair advantage over free players, I dont see a whole lot of F2P players reaching the high levels and high-end crafted gear, they will go play other better games. 

IMHO, the graphics so far are a big fail, EQ1 has better graphics than this game. (so far)

• DeathtognomesDeathtognomes Member UncommonPosts: 155
    Originally posted by VikingGamer

If every new MMO was made an action combat game then you simply have one system replace another and nothing really moves forward. It simply changes.

When you get a variety of combat styles being used to make MMOs you give people choices and the whole industry becomes better and stronger and ultimately more interesting. 

Think outside yourself. Your favorite way to play is not the only right way to play. 

Thinking outside myself here, I want 2 tacos and a burrito please. oh and a diet coke.

there is no right way to combat only what works for PVE and PVP, I always hated cast times just for a weapon swing (tera)

• AquaKiraAquaKira Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Originally posted by Skibo12
    Originally posted by Kagnesti

This kind of combat work best for Greifing, which seems is the only thing PVP'rs know how to do, cuz most usually lose in a fair fight. AS far as the rest of the game goes, as long as the LP system continues to give paying players an unfair advantage over free players, I dont see a whole lot of F2P players reaching the high levels and high-end crafted gear, they will go play other better games. 

IMHO, the graphics so far are a big fail, EQ1 has better graphics than this game. (so far)

The graphics are amazing. Atleast on ultra settings. Maybe you should try playing it on those settings if you can? 

• nefastus1985nefastus1985 Member CommonPosts: 14
    farmville 3.0
  • drtack1drtack1 Member UncommonPosts: 273
    This game is currently and probably will be my only game till SC lol. I have fun no matter what im doing in game. Guess ima bit of a afan boy. I am excited for the dwarves race....I wanna be a dwarv so bad lol. Short stocky love to fight and drink beer!