Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Divergence Online: More Customizable Than Ever

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

We have received word from the Divergence Online team that players are being invited to come check out the overhauled character system in the game. The team is excited to let players have the ability to make characters in any way they wish: "gone are the days of picking a body type and choosing one face from a dozen”. You can mold virtually everything about your character you wish."

Check out the video below and the official site linked above for more.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TyggsTyggs Member UncommonPosts: 456
    Cool, we have a character creator. Have they fixed the game yet?

SWTOR Referral Link

Free Goodies for new or returning players.

See what it gets you Here

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    is there a game yet?

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

Wasn't this the game being developed by that guy who keeps designing like base games, and deciding he doesn't want to develop them anymore so he goes onto the next one. Now hes using kickstarter and donations to help with flip flopping?

• LazyDazedLazyDazed Member UncommonPosts: 166

This has already been attempted to be crowdfunded a couple times. This guy is a joke and a loser, he made it clear to his backers and people helping him that he is a poor excuse for a person and a developer. The fact that mmorpg.com is reporting on this scam makes me think even less of this website. 

Be warned, your better off wiping your butt with your money than giving it to the development of this game. 

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I think you people are being a bit unfair.I can point to Chris Roberts who started his Crowd Funding with absolutely NOTHING to show and prove ,yet he has got multi millions in free handouts.The so far results of his efforts are far sub par and yet he seems to get praise...go figure.

Now as to this guy,i do know he had a small team like only a few people and if i remember correctly those left him for reasons unknown.As to an actual game,there is NO WAY on earth 1-2-3 people could have a game such as this completed,you need money to which he has been struggling to get.Without money you can't hire other people to join the team.

At one time,i started to mess around with the idea of making a small rpg myself,the work and effort needed is daunting and imo impossible for a team less than 5 very skilled people and even then would take many years unless a very small game.

I think game has a chance to eventually release and judging by other releases i see the graphics MIGHT hang in there until it releases.

My gut feeling is that if this guy had the 50 million Chris Roberts has  he would have a game that is imo better and move along at a faster pace.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Originally posted by Wizardry

I think you people are being a bit unfair.I can point to Chris Roberts who started his Crowd Funding with absolutely NOTHING to show and prove ,yet he has got multi millions in free handouts.

Because he's Chris Roberts.

• LazyDazedLazyDazed Member UncommonPosts: 166

I think you people are being a bit unfair.I can point to Chris Roberts who started his Crowd Funding with absolutely NOTHING to show and prove ,yet he has got multi millions in free handouts.The so far results of his efforts are far sub par and yet he seems to get praise...go figure.

Now as to this guy,i do know he had a small team like only a few people and if i remember correctly those left him for reasons unknown.As to an actual game,there is NO WAY on earth 1-2-3 people could have a game such as this completed,you need money to which he has been struggling to get.Without money you can't hire other people to join the team.

At one time,i started to mess around with the idea of making a small rpg myself,the work and effort needed is daunting and imo impossible for a team less than 5 very skilled people and even then would take many years unless a very small game.

I think game has a chance to eventually release and judging by other releases i see the graphics MIGHT hang in there until it releases.

My gut feeling is that if this guy had the 50 million Chris Roberts has  he would have a game that is imo better and move along at a faster pace.

Yea, cause the guy who has already made successful games will surely fail before the guy who has released garbage.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

So this all hinges on the very small population of SWG vet´s to make it... Not a very smart move.

Still it is good to see that there is a character generator that at least stack up against that is expected today and almost come close to the several years old APB/APB:R.

I am mostly curious if his game will also have crippling bugs and horrid macro abuse... it would not be SWG if it did not. =P

This have been a good conversation

• polySurfacepolySurface Member UncommonPosts: 79

A new bunch of precompiled code tied together with a few assets. I’d be surprised if a single line of unique code has ever been written in the last decade for this supposable mmo.

Lack of money is an excuse to cover incompetence, innovation hardly goes unnoticed.

Feydikan sums up Divergence Online development.
    "OMG working so hard..pant pant... need sleep... pant pant.... and money... pant pant....keep faith"

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

I think you people are being a bit unfair.I can point to Chris Roberts who started his Crowd Funding with absolutely NOTHING to show and prove...

...except thirty (30) years of professional game development experience and a proven track record of creating successful games of similar theme and genre to what he wants to now create.

Did he have a prototype of Star Citizen? No, he had more than that. He had a list of over a dozen completed games that shows he has a very good chance of delivering what he wants to deliver now because this isn't his first rodeo. 

His experience is also not just in one aspect of game design but in several, including graphics/artwork, story and content writing, programming, lead designer, creative director, project management and producer. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre