Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Runescape: First Expansion, Lost City of the Elves, Released

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Jagex has announced the name of the first expansion for RuneScape. Called "Lost City of the Elves", the expansion brings a new campaign, new mini-games, new weaponry, and a whole new area for high level players. Available now in game, players can take on more of the Elf's Quest campaign started twelve years ago.

The Lost City of the Elves expansion pack includes:

• Largest quest (Plague's End) and largest city in RuneScape (the elf city of Prifddinas)

• Dozens of new skill training methods, new weapons and armors

• New mini-games, including a combat horde mode

• A max guild social hub for 'Completionist' players

• Hundreds of hours of new gameplay

Find out more on the RuneScape site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• bcodaybcoday Member UncommonPosts: 7
    After how many years...?
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959
    Originally posted by bcoday
    After how many years...?

Ehmm... Runescape is now in it's 3rd iteration, namely Runescape 3.

So this is the first expansion for Runescape 3.

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455
    It's been years since I played this. I don't even recognize the game from that screenshot.
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I wonder if characters were transferred from Runescape 2. Im just a tad bit tempted to log in and try this. 
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I'm shocked!  My character with all my money and gear from more than 10 years ago is still there.  I even somehow remember my PIN to access my bank account. 
  • renegeedrenegeed Member UncommonPosts: 55

I'm a bit confused here, has it been released, or announced, and why isn't there a official news post anywhere about this?

Even went through the effort of searching through their official forums and still couldn't find anything.

• drakolasdrakolas Member UncommonPosts: 45
    The quest that will give access to the new city has been released, but you still can't access the city itself yet. I believe it's all being released in three parts with this being the first.
  • syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Is it still click to move?  Would probably enjoy the game if not for the atrocious control scheme
  • Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by syriinx
    Is it still click to move?  Would probably enjoy the game if not for the atrocious control scheme

Same. 

Although, I don't even mind click-to-move. I've played plenty of click-to-move games, single player and multiplayr. It's RS's implementation that drove me nuts, with the weird zig-zagging movement during navigation.

• mayankingmayanking Member UncommonPosts: 162
    i love runescape its a game where once every 5months i get a membership with my gold and play for 1-2 months and try to max slayer lolol i always make all my money i spent from buying sub for gold in about 4 days to
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Originally posted by TangentPoint
    Originally posted by syriinx

Same. 

Although, I don't even mind click-to-move. I've played plenty of click-to-move games, single player and multiplayr. It's RS's implementation that drove me nuts, with the weird zig-zagging movement during navigation.

That's the issue I have with it as well, also the delay from when you click and when the game physically reacts to said click.

• drakolasdrakolas Member UncommonPosts: 45

I actually started playing it again like a year ago, but the delay due to the low server tick frequency is pretty terrible. It doesn't stop me from playing, but it's surprising to me that they added the new combat system without changing the server tick frequency at all.

I really wish they would just put in the effort to get the content working with a smaller period of time between ticks as it's easily my biggest issue with the game. It makes doing more action intensive things (relative to the rest of the content) like some of the boss fights rather frustrating because it's so unresponsive and you're forced to work around the delay.