Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

this game will be huge in WEST

ArcheAge2014ArcheAge2014 Member UncommonPosts: 135

russian publishers are making a profit of $10 million dollars a year.

im sure west will be really really huge as well, and wow guilds are already talkign about aracheage so thats a good sign.

:D My gut feeling tells me trion hit a jackpot.

Comments

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593

I hope you have a flame proof jacket on!

This post is just asking for it. Im with you tho. I hope they make a shit ton of money.

• nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501

Sure it will, just like every other open pvp MMO ...... *rollseyes*

Also some of the textures in this game look like they were made for meridian 59.

And for not being that old, it's kinda sad.

• OrgoneOrgone Member Posts: 90

For about 2 months it will, then it'll dive bomb when the shineu new bits are not new any more

• CrusadesCrusades Member Posts: 480
    Lol wow guilds is a metric for projected success, I guess I should go buy some hot pocket and mt Dew stock as well. And almost forget Huggies
  • maybebakedmaybebaked Member UncommonPosts: 305
    OP is Scapes.
  • neumneum Member UncommonPosts: 143
    Open world PvP,   nope it wont.  btw I am a founder and I like the game.

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Originally posted by neum
    Open world PvP,   nope it wont.  btw I am a founder and I like the game.

Pretty much. I think it will it's own healthy niche group in the western market and settle in comfortably. Good enough for me. 

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by ArcheAge2014

im sure west will be really really huge as well, and wow guilds are already talkign about aracheage so thats a good sign.

Yeah! Those crazy American's with their dollar bill toilet paper and gas-guzzling pick-up trucks! They must have TONS of money to spend! It'll probably find a niche but I think the model is broken. West EXPECTS that subscription == full game, no exceptions. I'm surprised Trion didn't adjust the model.

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• HowryHowry Member UncommonPosts: 116
    You realize  that WOW makes a lot more than 10 million dollars PER MONTH.
  • KarbleKarble Member UncommonPosts: 750

I believe it will certainly draw a huge chunk of people to check it out upon release.

After the free to play types realize they can't actually get EVERYTHING for free they will gripe and leave and then there will be a real number of subscribers left along with some die hard free to players or familied free to play players left.

This number will then grow as news spreads that subscription gives you a great long term game in which you have more freedom that many regular themeparks and an oldschool vibe to it  (tab target combat).

My guess is this game will attract the 25-45 age group of gamers that grew up with this style play and are looking for a game that gives them the freedoms to forge alliances, own a house and boat and really feel like a part of the gaming world.

The twitchy finger trigger types that are into instant gratification and active block aimed target style combat will try and then adapt or move on to games that offer that type of gameplay.

Time will tell. I hope ArcheAge has the right formula for years of good times.

added:::  I think people that played WoW will understand the pvp since it has many similarities. Once you get past newb zones in WoW you get into contested territory and can kill or be killed. No big difference except the trade pack thing.

• steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Well at least for me, AA has held my interest far, far longer than any game since WoW. So it's definately a win for me! While waiting, I have even tried a few themepark's again I can't last past 30 min. So when a game ruins other games that may have historically held my interest, that tells me AA is pretty damn special.
  • PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Well, we can all pay in Rubles too and see if they (Trion) are impressed...
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Nope, people don t have the time or patience for this type of game anymore, outside a few hardcore.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    The people who throw around the term p2w and spend nothing on games don't seem to like it so...it's off to a good start.
  • GillleanGilllean Member Posts: 169

Lies   !!!!!!!!

after 2 months Russian AA died  out   NOTE RUSSIAN localization is better !!!!!!!!  

Trion has terrible low LOOT DROPS     I killed 200 mobs I looted only 36 sacks  not even a penny droped     Well it's resonable because Trion in cash shop has    LOOT % potion for 60 min

While Russian AA have great drops   quest ofter give lvling gear    which are very rare for trion localization

DON'T LET YOU SELF FOOLED   just like ESO bash ...... WS was so hyped but game seems to have died ... account selling skyjumped this month  

• vidiotkingvidiotking Member Posts: 587

I don't know.

Don't get me wrong. I like AA a lot, but there is are a few factors that I think will turn off a lot of players.

The first 30 levels are pretty lack luster. Quests are so "been there done that". Graphics seem to me to be a little dated. Combat is nothing to get too excited about. PvE content is lacking.

It has some things going for it too though. Crafting/Farming has some depth. Crafted gear is better than loot drops. PvP can be exciting, i.e. Naval Battles. Non instanced housing is kool, imho.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Much as I enjoy AA, I don't see it as ever being more than a niche game in the western market. It's too much like "hard work" for western audiences. It's also not designed to be "completed" by players in under 2 months, so it will cause serious strain on the attention span of the average western MMO'er... image

There will no doubt be the usual launch day rush ("ZOMG NEWGAME !!), but it will most likely be followed very closely by a rather rapid decline as all the newbies realise that "sandbox" does not mean what they thought it meant...

• TalketzantoTalketzanto Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

Much as I enjoy AA, I don't see it as ever being more than a niche game in the western market. It's too much like "hard work" for western audiences. It's also not designed to be "completed" by players in under 2 months, so it will cause serious strain on the attention span of the average western MMO'er... image

There will no doubt be the usual launch day rush ("ZOMG NEWGAME !!), but it will most likely be followed very closely by a rather rapid decline as all the newbies realise that "sandbox" does not mean what they thought it meant...

That being said was this game ever meant to be more the a niche? I mean housing is so limited I can't see how they were planning on millions of subs lol

• steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352

I love these "I left the game because I don't want to wait till 30 to have fun" people.

First you don't have to wait.

Second, even if you disagree and take the 30 route.... Let me get this straight, a game that has extreme depth, that has the potencial to engage you measured in years not months, you going to forgo for a one time leveling experience? Leveling to 30 should only take a couple days and that is enough to write the game off? Wow, your loss!

If you can't handle leveling to 30 to see what the game has to offer (again I disagree), you most certainly wont handle the work it will take to be successful in the game long term.

I promise you the amount of time you'll spend (waste) with the endless search for you perfect game will far, far exceed the amount of time it will take you to get to 30 in AA. If it makes you feel better, enjoy your short-term, instant gratification MMO, that will bore you in a month, while we all find our new home in AA.

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Originally posted by Crusades
    Lol wow guilds is a metric for projected success, I guess I should go buy some hot pocket and mt Dew stock as well. And almost forget Huggies

Pepsi stock.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

Ah, another "wow-killer".  I'm sorry, but this MMO still has those asian vibes in it.  Everything from art style, dialogue, and mobs, to character creation.  Western audiences never connect with asian MMOs, because of these differences.

It's also ridiculous to think this game will do well in the West.  Once the "shiny" wears off, people will realize how much the labor system is an epic failure.

• jadzYajadzYa Member UncommonPosts: 44

Not even a good troll. While the jackpot part may be true for quite a limited period of time, I really doubt about the overall long term success of the game. 

I so hope I'm wrong, but waay too many signs are pointing the other way...

Intel Extreme Series Core i7 4820K
    ASUS P9X79
    2x G.SKILL RipjawsX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1866Mhz
    2x EVGA GeForce GTX 660 SC SLI
    Samsung 256GB 840 Pro

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383

Originally posted by Soki123 Nope, people don t have the time or patience for this type of game anymore, outside a few hardcore.

Huh?

I could see if you said social skills, but its not like AA is some hardcore game outside of the PvP element.

You need friends/guildies, not time and patience.

• KalferKalfer Member Posts: 779

I've been interested in this game for many years and I think if they can sell the games unique aspects, the Harvest Moon style farming and social aspects, the political, corruption, jail, bounty hunter system, the truly dynamic player driven economy, the raising of mounts/kattle, all these very nice attentions to details, and push them as the long term game engagement, I can really see myself spending a lot of time with it.

But they need to remove the traditional time used on things like questing and pve mob combat. And the restrictions needs to be about cosmetic ultimately. restricting access to feature sets like SWTOR is not good idea. It makes people more annoyed and gives them a larger feeling of entitlement.

Games like GW2 and EVE does not bother me as I find it easy enough to change in-game gold to cash shop currency and get what I want. there is no cool down or restrictions on pvp, dungeons or anything like that.

But SWTOR decided to do things like not being able to unify armor sets or hide helmet slot during cut scenes (you spend a lot of your time just watching your character talk in cut scenes) and that did several of my friends in. Despite having all these other great things for free, they felt baited by it. That made me sad.

Archeage can find its stride. But it must know what its strength is and understand that some of us (at least me) is fed up with 1000 of hours of PvE grinding. A few dozen hours of Aion, TERA and blades and soul chinese beta and I was ready to tap out. Esspecially Blade and Soul was disturbingly incompetent. It has the most wonderful and satisfying looking combat system I have ever seen. Its visuals and amazing hyper-anime look makes it look like something I have never seen before. And yet, the grinding from its horrible horrible pie quests and mini public dungeons... What a shame. What a shame. The game is so visually stimulating, the art is so colorful and anime-on-roids, i can't write that game off completely though. Blade and Soul most def has something about it. Its been a long time since I played that beta event, I hope the improvements will change my opinion of that game, but it has to start with reducing the grind under the guise that it makes the game more of a challenge. Thats not fun! 

• daemondaemon Member UncommonPosts: 680

wow guilds :))

made my day thx :)