Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a specific type of game, if there is one.

AlipheeseXVIAlipheeseXVI Member Posts: 4

I had to repost this here becuase I am blind and didn't see this section.

Alright so I have been REALLY craving a new MMORPG of some sort that I can really get into. Is there an MMORPG out there, or RPG I can play with friends, that has a combat system like TERA, a skill system like Ultima Online (you use weapons to get better at them, fish to get better at fishing, craft to get better at crafting, ECT), complex skill building so you rarely meet two people alike, an awesome loot system that makes you WANT to grind and hope for amazing items that could be dropped along with leveling yourself too, and over all a very enjoyable world that would make you want to come back.

Seems like a ton but I want to see if there actually is something like this out there. 

Comments

• ErgloadErgload Member UncommonPosts: 433

Nothing out there, sorry. The PvP balancing issues would be a huge migraine (real time combat like Tera PLUS complex, customizable skill trees = countless hours of balancing).

Your best bets are (sadly) Mortal Online, Neverwinter, ESO, or uh...maybe Vindictus, Idunno

• RaybargRaybarg Member Posts: 8

Skill system like Ultima Online, yes. Skills gained trough the use of the tools/weapons/armaments so everyone are unique by their set of skills/characteristics. Very deep crafting system. Also you can build own house anywhere in unoccupied land, like in Ultima Online, with the difference that in Wurm you can terraform the land suitable for housebuilding, any unoccupied land. You can even flatten a mountain if your desired village location just happens to conflict with a location of an mountain, provided that noone else claimed the land before you.

Combat is weak side of Wurm, but its also not the main focus. PvE and PvP options both available.

Special drops from unique monsters that require large groups of players to defeat.

Items are being "improved" which means players spend time banging the same item which contributes to the quality of the item and the skills gained from the process, skill level governing how easy it is to improve to certain quality. During this improving process there is very rare chance of turning the item to a special one by three tiers; a rare, supreme or fantastic one. Any skill level crafter have same chance of turning item to special item, but it will become even more extraordinary when improved and enchanted to the highest possible qualities and powers.

Wurm can be played as free to play, but in 1 to 100 skill system, free to play character is limited to maximum 20 skill level. Running out of premium is only limiting skill to 20 and premiuming again will resume the skill normally.

Wurm ingame money is cash shop option or just working ingame and have other players pay you, same ingame money can be used to purchase game time which makes it possible to work to "play free". Current ingame community market has alot of material business options where one can create and sell without needing to grind skills first, skilling up only making creation process faster. For advanced players market is about making high quality items and high power enchants in items.

http://www.wurmonline.com/

• AlipheeseXVIAlipheeseXVI Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by Ergload

Nothing out there, sorry. The PvP balancing issues would be a huge migraine (real time combat like Tera PLUS complex, customizable skill trees = countless hours of balancing).

Your best bets are (sadly) Mortal Online, Neverwinter, ESO, or uh...maybe Vindictus, Idunno

I would be 100% ok with it not having PvP if that could be. Otherwise thanks anyways :) I guess Ill check out Mortal since I know the rest of them.

Originally posted by Raybarg

Skill system like Ultima Online, yes. Skills gained trough the use of the tools/weapons/armaments so everyone are unique by their set of skills/characteristics. Very deep crafting system. Also you can build own house anywhere in unoccupied land, like in Ultima Online, with the difference that in Wurm you can terraform the land suitable for housebuilding, any unoccupied land. You can even flatten a mountain if your desired village location just happens to conflict with a location of an mountain, provided that noone else claimed the land before you.

Combat is weak side of Wurm, but its also not the main focus. PvE and PvP options both available.

Special drops from unique monsters that require large groups of players to defeat.

Items are being "improved" which means players spend time banging the same item which contributes to the quality of the item and the skills gained from the process, skill level governing how easy it is to improve to certain quality. During this improving process there is very rare chance of turning the item to a special one by three tiers; a rare, supreme or fantastic one. Any skill level crafter have same chance of turning item to special item, but it will become even more extraordinary when improved and enchanted to the highest possible qualities and powers.

Wurm can be played as free to play, but in 1 to 100 skill system, free to play character is limited to maximum 20 skill level. Running out of premium is only limiting skill to 20 and premiuming again will resume the skill normally.

Wurm ingame money is cash shop option or just working ingame and have other players pay you, same ingame money can be used to purchase game time which makes it possible to work to "play free". Current ingame community market has alot of material business options where one can create and sell without needing to grind skills first, skilling up only making creation process faster. For advanced players market is about making high quality items and high power enchants in items.

http://www.wurmonline.com/

Looks interesting. Ill give it a shot! Thanks for the tip :)