Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finally, something i would possibly consider as DAOC 2?

EmoqqboyEmoqqboy Member UncommonPosts: 194

Been waiting a long time for something like this again. Guildwars2 was close, but still not DAOC. I always tell my younger gaming friends, the best time i've had in onlline gaming was not WoW, but actually the old days pvping on andred/mordred server in DAOC. Sadly, i think most of us who remember what i'm talking about are probably in our late 30s or 40+ already. *sniggers*, and games today cater to the younger crowd which obviously holds the majority position.

Its our children most game devs cater to nowadays. Hopefully this will let old gamers relive their dreams as an early gamer, and also bring in the new generation of gamers to see what their parents loved playing 2 decades ago.

(PS. i think archeage will be some tight competition for this game's genre)

<QQ moar plz. kkthxbai.>

Comments

• MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643

Archage is a F2P wit ha PE2 Cash shop. It is not the same genre.

As for DAOC 2? Nope. Mark Jacobs, creator and founder of DAOC and Camelot Unchained, has said "Do not go into this expecting DAOC2"  Several times. He does not want to false advertise he has said, but people often think of DAOC2 when they look at it.

It is going to be an intense MMORPG, I can tell you that.

Also, most devs actually cater to the older MMORPG genre. Besides Andrew Meggs & Mark Jacobs, and possibly Dave, everyone at CSE is 25 and under. On average. He wanted young devs with fresh idears, and who want something other than another WoW. They grew up on the stories of DAOC and Ultima and want to experience those days for themselves.

This is a game made by a younger generation, for a younger generation,. who want an old school game.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

• GregorMcgregorGregorMcgregor Member UncommonPosts: 263

Which means no dragon raids, one (imo) of DAoC's most fun things.

It's RvR only, so may as well be one big awful arena... think I'll give it a miss.

Nothing can replace DAoC in my heart. EA's loss I guess. :(

No trials. No tricks. No traps. No EU-RP server. NO THANKS!

...10% Benevolence, 90% Arrogance in my case!
  • BruhzaBruhza Member UncommonPosts: 391
    I can't really judge it this early on, the game has a long way to go before it complete.
  • meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    If you consider CU as DAOC 2, then you will be a) wrong and b) probably disappointed. It will be its own game and probably will not be the DAOC replacement that DAOC fans are looking for although it still may end up being the 2nd best RvR game created (not a high bar to clear given the competition however).

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• xaleexalee Member UncommonPosts: 11

Ive been waiting for years as well for something thats even close to a pvp equivalent of DAOC.  The only thing i found close to it was Rifts PVP servers.. Unfortunatly those are dead.. 

But.. in the process of building a new computer for Unchained! Cant wait!!