Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

got tired of searching need assistant

royts2007royts2007 Member Posts: 7
so i last time played TERA and it was fun.. i liked the combat system . that you dont need to mark 1 single monster to attack and the dodging and everything. also graphics are pretty good.
my whole friends retired so I know seek for another game. 
i want a game with nice story, less important, that has a good graphics, good pve and nice PVP .
i'm not gonna play 5-6 hours a day so i guess it will take time to get to end game- so less important for me.
i just want a good game. cant describe it too much.

its is important that the game will be F2P and that the game wont be boring for lower levels (dungeons, events and more..)

just give me your best recommendations and i will choose 1 of them .

thank you :)

Comments

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

Rift comes to mind. It's pretty fun 1-60 but it's not action combat. Try GW2 if you don't mind B2P. It's not the best action combat out there, I personally think TERA and ESO are a little tighter and well made, but GW2 is an older game at this point really.

GW2 is worth the box price as the level 1-79 experience is phenomenal, the game just falls apart at 80 for most people. It may be just what you are looking for though.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• royts2007royts2007 Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by Aeonblades

Rift comes to mind. It's pretty fun 1-60 but it's not action combat. Try GW2 if you don't mind B2P. It's not the best action combat out there, I personally think TERA and ESO are a little tighter and well made, but GW2 is an older game at this point really.

GW2 is worth the box price as the level 1-79 experience is phenomenal, the game just falls apart at 80 for most people. It may be just what you are looking for though.

thank you for ur comment.

I tried GW2 . but exept of following the story quest, doing the same events in the same area over and over i didnt really enjoyed it.

the skills experience is also pretty lame. not much to choose as soon as you choose ur weapon its all set. nothing really to look for allthough the graphics are pretty nice and the changing weapon system is nice also.

you just find your self following the story quest, helping farmers(the HEART quests) and doing the area events to get lvls .. pvp is not that fun at early lvls and WVW suitable for higher lvls more..

Originally posted by royts2007

I tried GW2 . but exept of following the story quest, doing the same events in the same area over and over i didnt really enjoyed it.

the skills experience is also pretty lame. not much to choose as soon as you choose ur weapon its all set. nothing really to look for allthough the graphics are pretty nice and the changing weapon system is nice also.

you just find your self following the story quest, helping farmers(the HEART quests) and doing the area events to get lvls .. pvp is not that fun at early lvls and WVW suitable for higher lvls more..

The only F2P with good action combat that I know of is TERA. If you want to spend $30 and try ESO out (it comes with a free month) that is really the best AC in the genre at the moment imo.

The only F2P with good action combat that I know of is TERA. If you want to spend $30 and try ESO out (it comes with a free month) that is really the best AC in the genre at the moment imo.

and another game that you can reccomend me . not really need the AC system . I find RIFT pretty fun but I don't know if its the best in the genre..

so i'm looking for more reccomendations (Vindictus, Neverwinter, EQ2, Aion) if they are really an option..

and another game that you can reccomend me . not really need the AC system . I find RIFT pretty fun but I don't know if its the best in the genre..

so i'm looking for more reccomendations (Vindictus, Neverwinter, EQ2, Aion) if they are really an option..

Of the 4 you mentioned, EQ2 is pretty good. I enjoyed it for a little over 2 years total. Hmm. Maybe give The Secret World a try? I haven't played it, but it might be what you are looking for.

• cerulean2012cerulean2012 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    so i last time played TERA and it was fun.. i liked the combat system . that you dont need to mark 1 single monster to attack and the dodging and everything. also graphics are pretty good.
    i want a game with nice story, less important, that has a good graphics, good pve and nice PVP .
    i'm not gonna play 5-6 hours a day so i guess it will take time to get to end game- so less important for me.

its is important that the game will be F2P and that the game wont be boring for lower levels (dungeons, events and more..)

I give Aeonblades credit for trying to help but really how can anyone help.  You can't describe what you are looking for and are unsure.  Besides Tera we have no idea what you have played/tried. 

My suggestion, up top is a tab called game list look there.

Originally posted by cerulean2012

I give Aeonblades credit for trying to help but really how can anyone help.  You can't describe what you are looking for and are unsure.  Besides Tera we have no idea what you have played/tried. 

My suggestion, up top is a tab called game list look there.

i kinda oppen minded for whatever will spent my time the best way.

i tried tera untill max lvl 

tried guild wars 2 until mid-game

tried rift for a couple of hours and thats it ...

• cerulean2012cerulean2012 Member UncommonPosts: 492

From looking over some of the things you like I can only think of a few games that have them (dodging/active combat ).  Those are Tera, GW2 & TESO.  I have no experience with pvp in Tera, GW2 & TESO both are zerg driven pvp messes.  Yes occasionally there will be non-zerg battles but don't be fooled, most of it is zerg.  Also in TESO you really need to be Vet levels to be somewhat effective in pvp.  GW2 less so but you will still be gimped by not having the full gammet of skills.

There may be other games out that have dodging but I am not sure what they are.  That is a mechanism that is fairly new to the genre and I am sure we will see more in the future.

I think the best you can do is decide on what type (sci-fi, fantasy, etc) of style you like then start researching.  That will help narrow the list down, but for now I would not look to hard for games with dodging in it but keep an eye on upcoming games that might have it.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    The Secret World isn't f2p, but it offers a lot of what you are looking for and once you buy it, it is yours with no subscription. You can usually find it pretty cheap.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Originally posted by cerulean2012

From looking over some of the things you like I can only think of a few games that have them (dodging/active combat ).  Those are Tera, GW2 & TESO.  I have no experience with pvp in Tera, GW2 & TESO both are zerg driven pvp messes.  Yes occasionally there will be non-zerg battles but don't be fooled, most of it is zerg.  Also in TESO you really need to be Vet levels to be somewhat effective in pvp.  GW2 less so but you will still be gimped by not having the full gammet of skills.

There may be other games out that have dodging but I am not sure what they are.  That is a mechanism that is fairly new to the genre and I am sure we will see more in the future.

I think the best you can do is decide on what type (sci-fi, fantasy, etc) of style you like then start researching.  That will help narrow the list down, but for now I would not look to hard for games with dodging in it but keep an eye on upcoming games that might have it.

I like fantasy & historical the most.

• OberholzerOberholzer Member Posts: 498
    Since the only real description you gave was free then download some of the f2p games and try them. All you risk is a little time since the most important thing appears to be you spend no money.
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    The Secret World isn't f2p, but it offers a lot of what you are looking for and once you buy it, it is yours with no subscription. You can usually find it pretty cheap.

its really not .. 

but since i allready pay for GW2 and didn't really had fun then I dont wanna be in the same place where I spent money for nothing when there are so much other choices..

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    I'd recommend Dark Blood Online (it's free on Steam) and matches everything you said you were looking for quite well.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

Star Wars: the Old Republic is also free to play in case you want to check it out.

If you like story it's one of the strongest games out there, it's fully voice acted and every class has its own "Class" story to follow in addition to the regular missions that everyone can do (although different classes do have some unique dialogues during those too)

Though it has tab targetted combat instead a more action based system like TERA.

PvP wise it depends on what you're looking for, it has a lot of "Warzones" - so it's mostly "instanced" PvP rather than open world.

If you want something more action based that still has plenty of story, ESO might be a good choice, though you'd have to buy it. And FFXIV might also be worth looking into.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

its really not .. 

but since i allready pay for GW2 and didn't really had fun then I dont wanna be in the same place where I spent money for nothing when there are so much other choices..

You can always hit up the trial/buddy keys thread in the Secret World forums on these boards and give the game a try for free before buying it.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

its really not .. 

Well to me it is cheap! :) 

So, you are saying you want to play something fun for nothing? Good luck Sir, your quest to find that game may be the best one yet. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

Star Wars: the Old Republic is also free to play in case you want to check it out.

If you like story it's one of the strongest games out there, it's fully voice acted and every class has its own "Class" story to follow in addition to the regular missions that everyone can do (although different classes do have some unique dialogues during those too)

Though it has tab targetted combat instead a more action based system like TERA.

PvP wise it depends on what you're looking for, it has a lot of "Warzones" - so it's mostly "instanced" PvP rather than open world.

If you want something more action based that still has plenty of story, ESO might be a good choice, though you'd have to buy it. And FFXIV might also be worth looking into.

dark blood has a pretty bad graphics and i dont really like the "2D wanna be 3D" games ...

but thanx for the comment.

about star wars i might just try it. thank you.

Neverwinter Online is another game you could try if you like action combat, though PvP-wise it sucks IMO.

But storywise it's an entertaining enough solo experience, with a groupfinder in case you feel like running dungeons.

It's completely free as well. (Though the lack of bag/inventory space might annoy you)

Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

dark blood has a pretty bad graphics and i dont really like the "2D wanna be 3D" games ...

but thanx for the comment.

about star wars i might just try it. thank you.

Cool. Can't hurt to try, all you have to lose is the time it takes to register and to download it (but you can easily do that overnight if you prefer that) :)