Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

do NOT pay Founder for this game

Comments

• etharnetharn Member UncommonPosts: 152

I've been testing AA for both closed beta 1 and 2. I have to say the game is very addicting once you get into it, though I do have complaints about the game related to LP because I feel restricted at times. I am not a patron and so I have to waste server space to "grind" LP to do the things I like such as crafting. Although in a play time with creating new character by the time I get to the intro quests to crafting I have about 100-150 LP already saved up for it. While your items are growing there is plenty of other things to do too while you regain LP. Some of the items include pvp, hangout with friends, be a pirate, help fellow guild mates defending them against those nasty pirates, etc. 

Anyways, once you hit lvl 30 the game really opens up and those boring quests, which are tutorials if you think about it, you dont really need to do; you can gain xp by crafting or pvp as well. Really up to you how you want to play the game. :D

A man who fears nothing is a man who loves nothing; and if you love nothing, what joy is there in your life?

• DemrocksDemrocks Member UncommonPosts: 136

Labor point system is perfect, it makes people think about where to spend it on and not farm 50000000 logs and iron and wreck the whole economy.

I like that system, in 15 minutes i made 50 gold and that was the 1st time i used the auction house, its like in Eve where everything is player build / crafted.

There is always a suplly demand system going and thats awesome.

Labor system is something you need to micro manage it aint that hard....and it sure as hell doesnt suck as bots cannot go out and keep wrecking the enonomy...even tough any mmo these days will have bots that migt find a way.

• NokerriNokerri Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Originally posted by mcrippins
    I read about as much of your review as I could. One thing you are wrong about is Trion implementing the labor points system. This was designed by XL Games and has been in every version of Archeage since its inception. Trion did not implement this to make money as you put it. In FACT - Trion's version of the LP system is incredibly generous to every other version out there. In RU you get 1 labor point every 5 minutes for free 2 play. Trion you get 5 lp/5, and 10lp/5 if you're a sub. I've heard in some version you actually get 0, but the labor potions can be chugged. The sad truth is Trion has done an amazing job of not making this game pay 2 win, but people will find anything and everything to complain about. So carry on!

+1

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    Originally posted by An4thor
    Originally posted by bingbongbros
    Originally posted by Demrocks

Bought the founders pack and loved every minute i have spended so far +- 2 months.

Dont listen to these spoiled themepark boys who will never find an mmo worth playing as nothing is good enough.

All they can do is bash / flame / hate / troll 

Have fun in whatever mmo you may play next o/

From the game I played, AA is a themepark too...

It's a sandpark.

You can give it a new fancy name if you like it's still not a sanbox. It resembles a themepark much more.

• MMOredfalconMMOredfalcon Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Originally posted by adderVXI
    Thanks but I'm having more fun than I've had in years in a mom. I'll play, and pay the sub!

Years in a mom? I donno, but standard issue is about 9 months in a mom.....

As for the game...personally I think it is worth it. Seems people who just want everything for free and to be easy don't like this one. I haven't been playing alot of it right now, just rather wait till actual release to get in the game. But questing is no better or worse than any other MMO. Graphically it runs pretty well. People will bitch n complain that graphics not top notch...then when they get a game with top notch graphics they will complain that their PC can't handle it.

• An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524
    Originally posted by nerovipus32

Bought the founders pack and loved every minute i have spended so far +- 2 months.

Dont listen to these spoiled themepark boys who will never find an mmo worth playing as nothing is good enough.

It's a sandpark.

You can give it a new fancy name if you like it's still not a sanbox. It resembles a themepark much more.

Considering questing is like 1% of what the game is about and considering the lol dungeons, no it's not a themepark.

• Charlie.CheswickCharlie.Cheswick Member UncommonPosts: 469

It's a sandpark.

Would you prefer the term ' themebox ' then?

Still too fancy?

-Chuckles
  • BetaBlockaBetaBlocka Member Posts: 222

It's a sandpark.

I'm not familiar with any themeparks where I can choose one of the sandbox features I like, lets say underwater treasure hunting for example and level my character just doing the things I enjoy...if I choose to.

You are right, the beginning of the game resembles a themepark and if this helps ease players with no sandbox experience into the game then I am all for it...

Not sure why you have a problem with a part of the game "resembling" a themepark when 95% of your time in game will be spent experiencing emergent, sandbox style gameplay :)

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Originally posted by jadzYa

And I will tell you why. Well actually no, I will tell you my personal, biased, only 10 hours of ClosedBeta2 opinion and you can make up your own mind.

That is as far as I read before giving you this answer....

You are not out of the Tutorial yet.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249
    Originally posted by Jabas

Thanks for the advice, but i will happy pay the monthly fee.

In fact AA is the only current game atm that worth my money, just need the release to start paying and play.

And you probably should once you verify that the game works for you. Even more so after they clean up some of their mess.
    I've payed either subscription ( 6 years now of 3 accounts in eve, a couple of month of FF14), for the game (gw, gw2) or for in-game items (aion, poe, terra, ps2, warframe, etc) for every game I played. Is not about the money per se. The LP thingie is just double-dipping and probably a VERY bad attempt at bot controlling. It is the overall really bad state of the client that made me write the whole thing.

Btw my client force exits with NO error message every EXACTLY 12 minutes 30 seconds. I use a stop watch to know how long till that time so I know not to engage (cause there is no auto-attack so when you disconnect in a fight you are guarantied to die). And I'm one of the lucky ones that don't get BSODs every couple of minutes.

That is the main reason not to pay for the game. The rest of the average gaming experience / economy balance issues /  cash shop bs are just secondary and you can choose yourself if they constitute a problem or not for your game style/finances.

I know the version i had played in RU is diferent from the one im going to start playing in EU, just like the state of the game that is in current beta might be diferent from release state, we dont know, maybe even Trion dont know.

The only thing i know is AA is the only mmorpg i want to play atm, and i will be there in release date. 

Dont care about alphas neither betas, have had mine in RU, just want the release in EU.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by Ivylena

And I will tell you why. Well actually no, I will tell you my personal, biased, only 10 hours of ClosedBeta2 opinion and you can make up your own mind.

That is as far as I read before giving you this answer....

You are not out of the Tutorial yet.

I find it hilarious that XLGames actually ADDED a new-player tutorial part to the game (in the Korean version) recently...

It appears that modern players are so stultified by years of themepark gameplay that they need a tutorial to prepare for the tutorial in AA ! image

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/572/view/forums/post/6411725#6411725

• GrootGroot Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko
    I find it hilarious that XLGames actually ADDED a new-player tutorial part to the game (in the Korean version) recently...

It appears that modern players are so stultified by years of themepark gameplay that they need a tutorial to prepare for the tutorial in AA ! image

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/572/view/forums/post/6411725#6411725

I agree with this a lot.  I was a super duper long time player of UO and was a sandbox nutjob.  It definitely took me a long time to get out of the mentality of themeparks to start playing ArcheAge correctly.  I was getting frustrated with the quests, so I just started walking in one direction and found 5 different places to explore that all lead to tons of fun.  

The only complaint I have about this game, is at low levels you have to do quests to get gear to do ok.  I wish mobs would drop some basic gear so you weren't trained into quests.

Man  i dint know how to say this but the community in Archeage is one of the most hilarious people i ever played in an mmo.

If you dont like this mmo then by all means skip it, but seriously the ingame spontanious events and party's are second to none.

For your pleasure 

I was there fo real ^

You guys need to light up and learn how to have fun in mmo's or just quit the whole genre and find another hobby as Archeage is as good as it gets for a dog eat dog world with a insane amount of good people who love to play the sandpark.

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

This game is definitely NOT the holy-grail some have hyped it as. It really doesn't have much that could be called "innovation". I have found the class system a huge let-down, they just aren't very interesting and I find myself only using a couple of the boring abilities. I'll possibly dabble in it some when it launches, but no they won't get a cent, there's nothing I see here worth getting invested in. Funny thing is that this is Trion, found Rift at least had a somewhat more interesting world, you could wander and find things of interest. This world could use some of that. The world seems somewhat empty and not very interesting. Oh and I can't post without mentioning the p.o.s "Glyph", what a piece of junk. Crashes, etc....

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249
    Originally posted by saker

This game is definitely NOT the holy-grail some have hyped it as.

Maybe not the holy-grail, but definitely the best i have played in last few years. 

So yes im hyped about the game after playing it during a few months. (i dont hype games befor i really try it)

But thats me ofc.

Originally posted by saker

This game is definitely NOT the holy-grail some have hyped it as. It really doesn't have much that could be called "innovation". I have found the class system a huge let-down, they just aren't very interesting and I find myself only using a couple of the boring abilities. I'll possibly dabble in it some when it launches, but no they won't get a cent, there's nothing I see here worth getting invested in. Funny thing is that this is Trion, found Rift at least had a somewhat more interesting world, you could wander and find things of interest. This world could use some of that. The world seems somewhat empty and not very interesting. Oh and I can't post without mentioning the p.o.s "Glyph", what a piece of junk. Crashes, etc....

Running with glyph and not a single crash o/

No innovation but at least it aint a wow clone we have been served for a decade o/

Boring ability and you dint used them, damn your dps must have been realy high without doing the combo's lol o/

Rift ugh........they dint even hide that it was a pure wow clone with "Your not in Azeroth anymore" o/

Sorry you dint like it man, i love every second of it :)

• LukoooneLukooone Member UncommonPosts: 153

Dear OP I wasnt planning to try AA but after your review I am in for sure when it goes live!

Thanks!

But, but, but he attacked me when I was low life! 

Yes, HE DID, why you cant do the same to him? 

Uf that will take me a lot of time... 

HERE IS YOUR QUEST!

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265

played level 9 as archer. runned out labor point, was not able even ID low level quest bow.

just horrible P2W game.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by Arskaaa

played level 9 as archer. runned out labor point, was not able even ID low level quest bow.

just horrible P2W game.

As sad as it is (AA deserves better) this reasoning right here is going to keep the game from being successful beyond it's initial release.

Korean mechanics =/= Western MMO fun time

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

Like the OP, I didn't spend much time in AA. There were a couple of graphical glitches like the black rocks, flicker and character models slow to render. But that's all workable.

The LP thing is interesting. I left my pc on all night and until noon the next day to let them rack up and had almost 1000 LP by the time I was able to sit down and play on Saturday. After several hours of questing, gathering what I could and doing the crafting quests to learn the systems, I logged off at level 14 with about 730 LP.

There appears to be a trade-off between XP and LP. I can use LP to get XP from gathering, crafting, harvesting, but it was very pricey XP; to use 10 LP to gather one iron node seemed... excessive. It's an interesting system and I can see why it's kind of polarizing. Definitely not the usual thing we see these days. Should be interesting to see how the game does.

Edit: Oh and glider is badass! Much better than Aion to be able to fly so high so long at low levels. :D

• seafirexseafirex Member UncommonPosts: 419

I know that i played a few classes to level 15, i really loved the NA version more then the russian version. Sure there is down side to be a trial account like the labor points, but still if you do quests specially the story quest  it gives them to you so i dont run out of points ( never ).

Sure i know that i will need to sub to be more competitive against other players and to make sure i have enough labor points for the other items i need, that is why it is a F2P with sub option.

I still got a glider by doing a quest so no need for founder pack to get it. It is free in game so why bother with this, once the game is out if my computer is upgraded by that time i should be able to play without having my fan go crazy on me all the time.

I think i will try a sub for a month to see how it will go at release. It could be that it is new and that is why i am a bit more interested, but time will tell.

Edit : forgot to say i got a row boat also last night, i was told that some sadistic players actually use those to go across the sea in game. That was 1 thing that made me laugh so much. I hope they had fun doing it.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Aeonblades
    Originally posted by Arskaaa

just horrible P2W game.

As sad as it is (AA deserves better) this reasoning right here is going to keep the game from being successful beyond it's initial release.

Korean mechanics =/= Western MMO fun time

It wont be just that. People who expect full access for free could never play a pvp game that doesn't agree with their parasite mentality towards gaming.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I think at this point we have heard most fo the same complaints sooo.

I think it is time for Trion to talk to the community and tell us their intentions.I see it as a bad design and imo you NEVER make a game WORSE to justify a cash shop system.A cash shop is suppose to support a f2p game not ruin it,that is why i like to hear Trion's side of the story as to why the whole LP idea and what it is SUPPOSE to accomplish.

Since LP tackles almost every single aspect of the game,we would need to hear a very in depth explanation by Trion because it is not a simple idea.Auto kick is something i have scoffed at for years,i never had to worry about it during my FFXI years yet seems every single dev is worried about a few pennies a day.IMIO all an auto kick system does is support botting/RMT and hammers the legit players again not a good idea.

My problem with Trion is like so many devs they like to hide behind websites as their ONLY form of community relations,they seem to never want to talk to the people that really matter,the PLAYERS.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BetaBlockaBetaBlocka Member Posts: 222
    Originally posted by Wizardry

I think it is time for Trion to talk to the community and tell us their intentions.I see it as a bad design and imo you NEVER make a game WORSE to justify a cash shop system.A cash shop is suppose to support a f2p game not ruin it,that is why i like to hear Trion's side of the story as to why the whole LP idea and what it is SUPPOSE to accomplish.

Since LP tackles almost every single aspect of the game,we would need to hear a very in depth explanation by Trion because it is not a simple idea.Auto kick is something i have scoffed at for years,i never had to worry about it during my FFXI years yet seems every single dev is worried about a few pennies a day.IMIO all an auto kick system does is support botting/RMT and hammers the legit players again not a good idea.

My problem with Trion is like so many devs they like to hide behind websites as their ONLY form of community relations,they seem to never want to talk to the people that really matter,the PLAYERS.

First of all, I LIKE the LP system, I feel it adds a nice layer of micro management to the game.

Second of all the LP system has nothing to do with Trion, it was implemented from day 1 by the games devs and has always been part of the games framework. So I am not sure why you are getting at Trion about it.

See...my research is uncovering a hell of a lot of mis-information out there about this game....

• An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Hm? They talk quite often in the forums and livestreams. So no clue what you are talking about. 

Labor regen is currently being discussed by trion and xl, hope next beta we'll get a new build.