Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

L2 Questions from an Interested Party

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531

I've never played Lineage 2, but it's always had a bit of my attention, especially because I enjoy (I know, it's crazy) grinding mobs to level.  So, some questions:

1)  Is it too late to start?

2)  Is there anyone left to play with?

3)  Do you still get/have to grind mobs to level?

4)  What's there to do at endgame?

Thanks!

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by MightyUnclean

I've never played Lineage 2, but it's always had a bit of my attention, especially because I enjoy (I know, it's crazy) grinding mobs to level.  So, some questions:

1)  Is it too late to start?

No its not too late. Update launches next week so its a great time to start.

2)  Is there anyone left to play with?

Yes, I see low level players and  clans all the time.

3)  Do you still get/have to grind mobs to level?

You will be grinding mobs till level 85 then it will shift to grinding daily quest. I like grinding mobs better.

4)  What's there to do at endgame?

You can go for PVP or PVE. By pvp I mean joining a clan that does pvp stuff like clan wars and sieges. PVE clans mostly do the grinding and raids.

Thanks!

NP!

• jbaker0212jbaker0212 Member UncommonPosts: 7

Jockan basically said my thoughts exactly, game is 100% free to play and has many mechanics new games just lack. They have made the first 84 levels MUCH easier to level, so to catch up doesn't take nearly as long as you would think.

The constantly update the game with huge expansions that are also free. Yes the game is a grindfest but you seem to be leaning towards that and honestly it is really a lot better IMO than questing to max level and then just raiding forever. At least in this game you can always go back to leveling because it takes literally forever to reach cap. You don't need to be cap to do anything in the entire game, so you are not behind in that sense either. once over 93 you can do just about everything.

If anybody is on Chronos and want to party sometimes let me know!

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Is it still viable to grind mobs after level 85?  I am so sick of questing, I just want to do a mindless XP grind sometimes.
  • kostaskostaskostaskostas Member Posts: 1

i recently gave l2 a try , never played it before but to get on with your question this is what i found out.

after 85 the mobs for your level in bloodyswamplands area give you 0,2% seriously 0.2% so if you can take that and level that's nice but it will literally take you ages just to get past 85 that way.

Daily quests (which are too few in my opinion) provide you with exp if you do ALL of them you might get a nice 30% into your level but that requires parties , so solo not really much to do .

All and all after 85 you must get a clan or spend some times looking for party etc for you to actually start going up in levels , but the game is out for so long that many of the players don't really wanna spend time to explain things to you which is kinda sad.

Originally posted by MightyUnclean
    Is it still viable to grind mobs after level 85?  I am so sick of questing, I just want to do a mindless XP grind sometimes.

Grinding will always be there because afther you do your dailys that's what you will have to do for xp.  You do get daily quest but they are not like fed ex quest in other mmos.  I have been playing Lineage 2 for a very long time and I can pretty much sum up what you need to do to really see what the game is about.

Join a clan that's trying to build and grow to become stronger. If you do this only then will you get to see what Lineage 2 is all about. If you join a clan that's not active and not trying to expand to do bigger and better things don't waste your time with them. Lineage 2 is about doing things with your clan.