Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game with the worst (I mean THE BEST!) PVP

max883max883 Member Posts: 8

Hello guys and sorry for my english. ;)

I am looking for a MMO with mean pvp system. 

IRL I am really nice guy, but when it comes to games i like to be a little prick for others. ;)

I played in EVE Online many years and this was something that I loved. Steal from other players, force them to attack you so NPC police destryos them, griefing, trolling, read hate mails from sad players....this game has it all. When player dies, he really could lost A LOT in this game so that was good. Now I am looking for something new though.

It doesn't matter if it's F2P or there are some payments. Doesn't matter if it's space game, fantasy etc.  I'm just looking for some game where I can ruin someone's day. :]

Regards! o/

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Two games come up in my mind right off the bat, Darkfall Online Unholy Wars which is a full loot pvp game, where you can physically take anything they have on their bodies. Mortal Online is also exactly the same, but includes a thief system that you can steal from players pockets as well. Both are fantasy theme, and they both are mainly twitch based combat like an FPS. Both also have their fair share of bugs, but I would say Darkfall is probably a bit more populated and has less bugs.
  • Moridin82Moridin82 Member UncommonPosts: 103

Dark age of camelot if dont mind just ok graphic. or wait for camelot unchained.

Sorry was abit fast to reply. if want that types off mmo then game above is better.

• cmorris975cmorris975 Member UncommonPosts: 207
    Originally posted by DMKano

OP should change username to Schadenfreude 

No kidding man, sounds like the quintessential griefer.  Players like this is why I won't go near Darkfall or Eve anymore.

• max883max883 Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by cmorris975
    Originally posted by DMKano

OP should change username to Schadenfreude 

No kidding man, sounds like the quintessential griefer.  Players like this is why I won't go near Darkfall or Eve anymore.

Thank you for your delicious tears kind Sir. o/

...but let's stick to the topic here. Any other game suggestions?

• cmorris975cmorris975 Member UncommonPosts: 207

Nobody is crying here, except maybe you for attention.  I hope at some point you feel better about your life and the world so that hurting others isn't so attractive to you.  It's rather juvenile, something insecure bullies do on the playground in elementary school, but hopefully you are young and have some time to sort it out before adulthood.

Good luck.

• DragoshanDragoshan Member UncommonPosts: 36

Really nice guy IRL, but a dick in MMOs? 

I might lose it sometimes online, under the internet anonymity protection excuse, but anyone who's a dick ingame is not much better IRL... You're just good at hiding it. (which kindda makes you a ticking bomb psycho, ready to grab the AK and go postal on everyone :D

Originally posted by cmorris975

Nobody is crying here, except maybe you for attention.  I hope at some point you feel better about your life and the world so that hurting others isn't so attractive to you.  It's rather juvenile, something insecure bullies do on the playground in elementary school, but hopefully you are young and have some time to sort it out before adulthood.

Good luck.

The only one thing I am crying about here is good game with decent PVP. Did you read first post?

You Sir started with personal insults here.

When it comes to age and happines I can assure you that I am very happy and friendly man IRL. And old enough to don't give a s...t about few 0101010101101 in machine memory which represent lost ship or hero in some game.

That is maturity.

@Dragoshan

I always thought that games gives us opportunity to try to be someone else, and act different than IRL. 

"...but anyone who's a dick ingame is not much better IRL"

That's some bold statement Sir.

So...if you play for example as a priest in some fantasy MMO that mean you have to pray everyday IRL? Or playing as a thief makes you one IRL. 

Too much time in front of computer IMO. And takin virtual reality waay too serious. :]

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Edit: In the event that this isn't a troll post, and you're actually seeking that type of pvp game, with full loot and such, you're not gonna find anything better than Darkfall.
  • DragoshanDragoshan Member UncommonPosts: 36

I have always seen virtual life as an extension to the real one, at least where behavior is involved. You can not be a jerk in a game, unless it comes naturally to you; and if it comes naturally to you, you're not "a very nice, friendly guy IRL", no matter how many times you say it in the mirror.

And are you seriously comparing game roles with behavior?

• EberhardtEberhardt Member UncommonPosts: 157

Aion has surprisingly intense pvp. Its extremely fast paced and has a good feel to it.

Originally posted by Dragoshan

I have always seen virtual life as an extension to the real one, at least where behavior is involved. 

You can not be a jerk in a game, unless it comes naturally to you...

Well...that's exactly the point where we don't agree. Of course you can be a jerk in game. Especially in ROLE PLAYING games. That's a whole point. You play as a different character, you act like a different character.

Did you ever played classic, paper RPG game?

@Forgrimm and Eberhardt thank you for suggestions.

I wanted to check Darkfall, but I read somewhere that this game is dying... Well I'll give it a chance anyway.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

As others have said Motral Online and Darkfall:UW are the main pvp full loot games out there at the moment.

Both have a steady population but those type of games are not as popular as wow so dont expect wow numbers, but there are enough to keep the servers populated.

• MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635
    Personally, as an EVE player I would just encourage you to pvp there because in my experience in the search for that other pvp game I have found nothing else out there to offer what EVE did in that department.  Nothing. Maybe UO (www.uoforever.com only)but even I am having a hard time still playing UO these days.
  • ApraxisApraxis Member UncommonPosts: 1,518
    Originally posted by max883
    Originally posted by Dragoshan

I have always seen virtual life as an extension to the real one, at least where behavior is involved. 

You can not be a jerk in a game, unless it comes naturally to you...

Well...that's exactly the point where we don't agree. Of course you can be a jerk in game. Especially in ROLE PLAYING games. That's a whole point. You play as a different character, you act like a different character.

Did you ever played classic, paper RPG game?

@Forgrimm and Eberhardt thank you for suggestions.

I wanted to check Darkfall, but I read somewhere that this game is dying... Well I'll give it a chance anyway.

Obviously he don't know what a Roleplaying game is.. but it's only natural in today's generation, not to have played any Pen&Paper RPG, or actual Roleplaying, and thinking that WoW is a RPG.

For games you looking for. Yeap.. EvE as you have already played, then Darkfall, and maybe ArcheAge(coming out soon) to a lesser degree. No full looting in ArcheAge, and not so much impact on pvp. But there are not a lot of good PvP MMORPGs..

Everything else is either very old, outdated, bugridden or not worth playing. Maybe in the future some more games offering a similar deep experience may come out.. pathfinder to name one.. but those are extremely far away and noone knows if they will be any good at all.

• HaralinHaralin Member UncommonPosts: 148

Dont like your playstyle but here are some games you should look at ;)

Darkfall Online 

Mortal Online

Age of Wulin

ArcheAge

Perpetuum  (eve with mechs)

Albion online (in Alpha)

Tera (on a PvP Server)

Hz1z (zombie survival MMO in Beta)

Infestation: Survivor Stories (zombie survival MMO)

• ErgloadErgload Member UncommonPosts: 433

I'm gonna echo everyone else and say Darkfall or Mortal Online.

Mortal Online is like first-person Ultima Online with ES Oblivion graphics

Originally posted by Haralin

Dont like your playstyle but here are some games you should look at ;)

Darkfall Online 

Mortal Online

ArcheAge

Albion online (in Alpha)

Tera (on a PvP Server)

Thank you all guys! :)

I see that everyone point at Darkfall, so I will try this. ArcheAge is online and playable right now? I've heard that its just betas running.

What about overall...condiction of these games? Especially Darkfall. Like I said before, I've heard that this game is "dying"? Can't see any free trial so I would like to know something more before I pay for it. ;)

Yeasterday I tried WildStar on free trial but it's just a copy of WoW for me so...boring.

• kinartkinart Member UncommonPosts: 127

Just saw that one, haven't played it:

Lucen Hearts

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/603

It says it's a game about socializing, for couples and shit, but i see on their wiki you can PvP at... weddings

http://luheart.wikia.com/wiki/PvP_&_GvG

• RaybargRaybarg Member Posts: 8

Check out Wurm Online; http://www.wurmonline.com/

Sandbox game which has PvE gameplay and PvP gameplay with two options. You can participate in PvP by sailing to another island (another server) and be able to take your items and skills with you, and your boat, and lose all of it if youre being killed. Other option is to join another server cluster which has double speed in skill progression but has only PvP, players are allowed to use "Epic Portals" (the cluster name is Epic) to change between the PvE/PvP-cluster and PvP-cluster but skills and items are independent in different clusters.

PvP server in "normal" cluster (PvE/PvP-cluster) in my opinion is best PvP available in Wurm because players do have the option to just hop on a boat/ship and sail back to the careb..PvE islands... every travel ofcourse living with the risk of enemies scouting ship spotting them, leading to losing all the stuff and the boat/ship.

PvP playing is about grouping up with right kind of people for your taste, soloing is commonly said to not work at all. Players terraform the landscape and build massive fortifications by raising land to make huge dirtwalls and building fortifications on top of them, in order to protect their settlements inside. Raiding is done by bashing trough the doors/walls by use of heavy mauls by hand and using siege weapons, catapulting trough them. Goal is to gain access to the settlement center and "draining" it from its upkeep funds, and to gain access to the settlements storages as Wurm crafting system is very deep, players amass resources and craft quality weapons, armors and tools which all take huge amounts of time to produce.

What you would look into in Wurm based on the type of players you describe yourself is that you join the game and try to find a Kingdom to join in PvP server (regardless which of two options you choose, both have Kingdoms). Similar way to Eve-Online, a newbie is often considered being just a spy from another Kingdom and you are being put to a test even Eve-Online didnt put you to; You need to survive how harsh a game Wurm Online is, at the same time prove yourself worth of anyones effort or trust, in order to gain skills/stats to start that dream of becoming a Champion of your Kingdom some day... Champions are the best fighters in Wurm Online PvP battles and Kingdoms control who are given this entitlement, telling ridiculous requirements of your toons abilities to even hope to be "the chosen one". Possibly you stare at several years of gameplay in harsh game, which pvp is harsh place to be, to become one. Ofcourse during those years you will be normal fighter under your kingdoms command and probably have plenty of experiences of being raided and experiences of raiding, amounting to plenty of fun.

I tell you, you should try out Wurm. But dont feel bad if after 2 weeks you find yourself looking for another game because Wurm was just too much of a challenge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo_kRVR5zqI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0TNDGWn13Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq-R0qaNFs0

Wow... sounds VERY nice. Great description.

The only one proble I see with this game is traffic... Right now there are 630 players on all servers. Avarage 30 players on server :( 

• The.agGThe.agG Member Posts: 119

The only one proble I see with this game is traffic... Right now there are 630 players on all servers. Avarage 30 players on server :( 

Because no one likes playing with the likes of you and others like you.

And I am just gonna say what the other guy is saying; you can't be a good guy in real life and yet go doing the things you do in-game even if you claim you are "role-playing". A good guy in life would have the sense to know that while it's just games here (0101010010101 like you said), the person sitting behind on the other side experiences true emotions. The character you are griefing is not emotionless IRL. So yes, you definitely can not be a nice person whether in-game or in real life and i hope you evaluate your life someday or get psychiatric help for the sake of you.

Thank you for your spam contribution in this thread.

You are right. 

Robert de Niro has to be also sooo bad person, cause he PLAYED so many bad-ass characters. And he didn't think that some guy who watched his movie could take a gun and try to shoot him, because of something that Robert said as a fictitious character... :)

(little hint: this guy with a gun has some serious head problems, not Robert)

If there is someone who should really go to psychiatric, that would be a guy who is crying after his character dies in MMO, not me.

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071

You might give Vendetta Online a try:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3WEa56qn34

Pretty much the only safety is your trigger finger.  As far as ruining someone's day, you're welcome to try image

Death comes very cheap, although you will occasionally lose some expensive equipment, or valuable loot, or (if you're really unlucky) maybe some very, very valuable cargo.

Otherwise, it's a pretty friendly game.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• RaybargRaybarg Member Posts: 8

Yes the numbers might look small when ppl are used to watching numbers from, say, Eve-Online player counts. :)

Yes, it is true but somehow it does not feel so quiet or small even with such numbers, public chats are moderated and buzzing with conversations... finding friends or communities to play on seems to be easy, especially when joining the PvP server, kingdoms are actively recruiting new players and helping them to start.

Here is graph of all premium (players who pay for playtime, not including those who play for free);

http://jenn001.game.wurmonline.com/mrtg/paying.html

If youre interested to see some graphs in more detailed fashion, for example as you want to be the DoucheBag 2000 and go PvP... raid and steal poor players stuff and kill them while spitting profanities in local chat... Look for "Chaos" graphs, especially the Players and Premiums graphs...

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Server_graphs

Also to note, Xanadu server is the newest server which was bigger than any server before, many people packed up their things in other servers to huge ships and sailed to Xanadu when its borders were opened and settled somewhere there.

But yes playing in the PvP server myself now, there is something happening almost every day, random killing is still very scarce. Players also love the forum meta-pvp apparently so when you kill someone you can brag about it in the forums and further enjoy the drama the incident caused. Some kingdoms do ask their members to act more polite in public communications though. You might want to make sure the kingdom you are joining fits to your preferred style of play.

• ZakaryahZakaryah Member Posts: 7

Try out Shadowbane. It is an old school pvp game. Its not an MMORPG that has pvp in it it is a PVP MMORPG. TBH IMO Darkfall and Mortal online in some aspects were both influenced by Shadowbane. Out of those two game I prefer Mortal Online. Out of the three I prefer Shadowbane pvp at its finest. I can say in a lot of ways it is similar to eve but also differs greatly.  If you are interested in an exciting PVP game where the players control the world and every city in game save a few are built by players please pm me you can join my guild if you like.

Magicbane.com

P.S. Shadowbane is free it actually got shut down in 2009 but was brought by the magicbane project. Also it was released in 2003 so the graphics are obviously dated. If you can get passed that then you will have an awesome time playing it. The PVE aspect of the game is non existent which if you are wanting a PVP game you shouldn't mind. The leveling is a grind but can achieve max lvl in a day. The only thing the PVE is used for is farming to maintain cities and get resources to craft gear. Also mines become open daily for guilds to fight for control over precious resources used to make the best gear in the game.