Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best MMORPG for socializing

GnahrgGnahrg Member Posts: 1

That's what I'm looking for right now and I wonder which one would be the best to try. I played MMORPGs on and off for decades with changing focus (from hardcore over roleplay to causal), but right now I just want a game to meet new people and having some (relaxed) fun playing together. Could even be a browser game for all I care.

More causal, no open world PvP, maybe some roleplayers in the community too. So the population should be healthy, grouping encouraged and the community friendly.

Looking for suggestions :)

Comments

• ErgloadErgload Member UncommonPosts: 433

Social/Building:

Minecraft, Second Life, Roblox, IMVU, Habbo Hotel, Rust

Roleplay/Factions:

Achaea, Imperian, LotRO, ESO

• AnslemAnslem Member CommonPosts: 215
    Originally posted by Ergload

Social/Building:

Roleplay/Factions:

How much MUD experience do you need to play Achaea?

Played: Ultima Online - DaoC - WoW -

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977

Best MMORPG for socializing?

That would be Facebook.

• ElmberryElmberry Member UncommonPosts: 195
    Originally posted by Gnahrg

That's what I'm looking for right now and I wonder which one would be the best to try. I played MMORPGs on and off for decades with changing focus (from hardcore over roleplay to causal), but right now I just want a game to meet new people and having some (relaxed) fun playing together. Could even be a browser game for all I care.

More causal, no open world PvP, maybe some roleplayers in the community too. So the population should be healthy, grouping encouraged and the community friendly.

Looking for suggestions :)

A game where you can meet some nice friends...

Then it's definitely EQ you are looking for. One of the few MMO with nice and lots of mature players, despite it's 15 years old and so. However it's definitely not a casual MMO (it's really deep game) and my guess is that you have already tried it out. :) Just the other day when I bought a lev 85 EQ character I did something I shouldn't have done when created my character and because of that lost 15.000 pp (because of a bug), a friendly high level player gave me the amount I lost and said she experienced the same thing when she started out and wanted to help out. :)

• ErgloadErgload Member UncommonPosts: 433
    Originally posted by Anslem
    Originally posted by Ergload

Social/Building:

Roleplay/Factions:

How much MUD experience do you need to play Achaea?

they've made it very newbie friendly, the browser client has tab-targeting, auto-healing, its probably the easiest MUD to get into

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

Whatever is the newest one, good or bad doesn't matter, if it's new chat will probably be exploding with socialization, whether you agree with the context of the chat or not is another story, lol.

You could always try Gaia Online from what I hear, careful though I believe some of this is involved.