Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problem with free trial

megaraxmegarax Member UncommonPosts: 269
So, I want to try out the game and I downloaded the free trial. As far as I understand it I should get an option to create a trial account when I start the launcher. But I don't get any 'create trial account' button or anything. I have re-installed, but that doesn't help either. Anyone that can help?

Comments

• fineflufffinefluff Member RarePosts: 561

There's an account button on the launcher. Try making an account through there.

https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account&request=mogstation

• megaraxmegarax Member UncommonPosts: 269
    Thanks for your answer. I already have a SE account. When i go to the link I need to setup a service account and enter a code. But no  code is needed for the trial.
  • Maybe it only works with new accounts?

I have not looked into this Trial so I dont rly know. Was just a thought.

• fineflufffinefluff Member RarePosts: 561

I read it should work with existing SE accounts. Have you tried just logging in?

http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?id=5382&la=1&kid=70929&ret=main

"Where do I find my registration code for the Free Trial?

There is no registration code required for the Free Trial.

Instead, you can participate in the Free Trial during account setup with the Free Trial game client, which can be downloaded here."

http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?id=5382&la=1&kid=70902&ret=main

I tried to download the free trial client and see what the deal is but since I already have the game installed it just acts a regular installer and asks if I want to uninstall the game.

I have a SE account I created yesterday. I have no games activated.

I think the problem is this:

1. Create a FINAL FANTASY XIV Free Trial account upon launching the software
    I only get the normal launcher without that option.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

I strongly ecourage you to make a new account for the trial purpose.

The rules about what accounts are eligible for the trial is quite unclear - ie. if you your account was registered for beta(even pre Reborn), the trial won't work for that account.

Originally posted by Gdemami

The rules about what accounts are eligible for the trial is quite unclear - ie. if you your account was registered for beta(even pre Reborn), the trial won't work for that account.

I created the account yesterday as I thought I needed it for the trial. No games are associated with the account. And I have downloaded the trial version of the game.

Originally posted by megarax
    I have a SE account I created yesterday. I have no games activated. I think the problem is this: [*] Create a FINAL FANTASY XIV Free Trial account upon launching the software
    I only get the normal launcher without that option.

Link for trial launcher:
    http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/inst/ffxivsetup_ft.exe

Originally posted by Gdemami I strongly ecourage you to make a new account for the trial purpose. The rules about what accounts are eligible for the trial is quite unclear - ie. if you your account was registered for beta(even pre Reborn), the trial won't work for that account.
    I created the account yesterday as I thought I needed it for the trial. No games are associated with the account. And I have downloaded the trial version of the game.  

You made a post while I was writing the reply. Check the link I posted above.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

I had the same issue as the OP, created a brand new account as well as E-mail. Registered Etc. still no option to make a trial account. I think it might be IP related because every time I go to the link in my new email it takes me straight to login to my old beta account.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

That is the file I downloaded and installed.

Same issues here, did you do beta by chance, or someone else in your home?

Originally posted by Distopia

Same issues here, did you do beta by chance, or someone else in your home?

My daughter may have played the beta on PS3. I'll ask her. If that's the case are they using IP-addresses to keep track of that?

Originally posted by DistopiaI had the same issue as the OP, created a brand new account as well as E-mail. Registered Etc. still no option to make a trial account. I think it might be IP related because every time I go to the link in my new email it takes me straight to login to my old beta account.

Did you try to make a new account via the launcher I posted?

Requirements to Participate in the Free Trial

1. You must possess a SQUARE ENIX account.
      • * You can create a SQUARE ENIX account during the client setup process or on the SQUARE ENIX Account Management page here.
      • * You can also use a pre-existing SQUARE ENIX account, as long as that account does not have a license for the retail version or beta of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.
    2. Your SQUARE ENIX account must not have had a previous FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn license.
      • * You must not have participated in the 14-day Free Trial before.
      • * You must not have participated in the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Test.
      • * You must not have a full version license of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

I had the same issue as the OP, created a brand new account as well as E-mail. Registered Etc. still no option to make a trial account. I think it might be IP related because every time I go to the link in my new email it takes me straight to login to my old beta account.

Did you try to make a new account via the launcher I posted?

Yep, multiple times I really don't know what's up with it, IP is just a guess. Uninstalled the trial software multiple times made a whole new SE account etc..

• * You can create a SQUARE ENIX account during the client setup process or on the SQUARE ENIX Account Management page here.
      • * You can also use a pre-existing SQUARE ENIX account, as long as that account does not have a license for the retail version or beta of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.
    2. Your SQUARE ENIX account must not have had a previous FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn license.
      • * You must not have participated in the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Test.
      • * You must not have a full version license of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

I'm no PC whiz, but I wonder if there is something placed in your registry if you had beta tested the game. Because it seems as though it loads the full launcher when ever I redownload the trial software. Or an IP ban from the trial as I said before.

Yep, multiple times I really don't know what's up with it, IP is just a guess. Uninstalled the trial software multiple times made a whole new SE account etc..

It seems more like something is left in your registery, the IP tracking is unlikely, companies do not really use such things since your IP may change any time.

I'm no PC whiz, but I wonder if there is something placed in your registry if you had beta tested the game. Because it seems as though it loads the full launcher when ever I redownload the trial software. Or an IP ban from the trial as I said before.

My daughter tried the game in beta, but that was on our PS3. So it seems to be connected to my ip in that case.

Well, thank you all for your help.

It seems more like something is left in your registery, the IP tracking is unlikely, companies do not really use such things since your IP may change any time.

Yeah said that about the registry right above haha. I'm certain it's beta related though. Oh well made teh decision of buying this or ESO a bit easier, bought ESO once I gave up on the trial.

• treyu86treyu86 Member UncommonPosts: 269

You have to delete the folder of FFXIV which is located in C:/Users/"Your user"/My Documents/My Games

Once you delete it, and you start the trial client, it recognizes you are a new user. If not, the free client (which is the same as the normal one) thinks you are not in the trial, and doesn't give you the option to create an account  :)

I did that having the same problem (read it on the forums) and worked

Originally posted by treyu86

You have to delete the folder of FFXIV which is located in C:/Users/"Your user"/My Documents/My Games

Once you delete it, and you start the trial client, it recognizes you are a new user. If not, the free client (which is the same as the normal one) thinks you are not in the trial, and doesn't give you the option to create an account  :)

Thanks! will try that.

Edit: it worked..Thanks again will give it a go if I get sick of ESO.

Thank you!

You have to delete the folder of FFXIV which is located in C:/Users/"Your user"/My Documents/My Games Once you delete it, and you start the trial client, it recognizes you are a new user. If not, the free client (which is the same as the normal one) thinks you are not in the trial, and doesn't give you the option to create an account  :) I did that having the same problem (read it on the forums) and worked

There we go! :)

Nice find.

And again, thank you all for your help!