Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Marvel Heroes 2015 - Ask Us Anything with David Brevik

Comments

• LAHScorpLAHScorp Member Posts: 22

This is something that I have really wanted to ask for a while now, but haven't had the chance, so I'll ask now.

1.) Will Iron Fist ever be playable?  He's a great character, and arguably stronger than Luke Cage.  I would love to smash some baddies with Danny's Chi.

2.) Will White Tiger Ava Ayala or Any other version of White Tiger ever be available as a team up or playable character?

I think both could be excellent additions to the roster, and I would definitely pick them up.

Thanks for taking the time to answer this if you choose to.  If not, thanks for the opportunity to ask!

• sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766

It there anything in the Works in regards to alternative ways to get ult power tokens?

Seeing how the Signature powers for  all level 52 reviewed/made heroes get +1% for each rank of ult power, having a low ult on these characters provides a power gap of up to 19% on their signature power.

Having the only reliable (Ghost box gambling doesn't count) way to get  Ult tokens on Eternity Splinters effectively time gates players  who want  max ults.

• MarvelHeroesMarvelHeroes Marvel Heroes TeamMember Posts: 26
    Originally posted by mike444

I hate asking what heroes will be in the game in the future but everything I think of has been answered already so the only thing I want to know that hasn't been answered is Songbird and Magma ever playable?

Both definitely have some interesting stories and could have a full hero of powersets.

Neither is on the short list of heroes, but both of them are definitely something we would consider in the upcoming months and years of the game.

Originally posted by CinnamonTwist
    Will you be adding in a way to unbind team-up items in the near future?

I don't know how long it will be, but it is something we hear requested a lot. I would guess we would do it in the future. With more team-ups we want to encourage people to try out new ones.

• OHieiOHiei Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Any plans for Black Widow? she is in a really bad spot right now..  would appreciate some feedback, thank you!
  • strippervashstrippervash Member Posts: 2
    Are you willing to drop any hints about the exclusive log-in reward vanity pet?
    Originally posted by LAHScorp

This is something that I have really wanted to ask for a while now, but haven't had the chance, so I'll ask now.

1.) Will Iron Fist ever be playable?  He's a great character, and arguably stronger than Luke Cage.  I would love to smash some baddies with Danny's Chi.

2.) Will White Tiger Ava Ayala or Any other version of White Tiger ever be available as a team up or playable character?

I think both could be excellent additions to the roster, and I would definitely pick them up.

Thanks for taking the time to answer this if you choose to.  If not, thanks for the opportunity to ask!

1. We have a huge number of Iron Fist fans in the office and at Marvel. He is on the short list for new heroes and we have some cool ideas for his mechanics. I am 100% sure he would be in either the next Advance Pack or the one afterwards.

2. I could see a version of White Tiger as a team-up in the future, but we have a list of Team-Ups we want to release beforehand. The amount of Team-Up Heroes is extremely deep and very exciting.

• JinxxsterJinxxster Member Posts: 1

Is there any way with the tech you have that you could create a system for Party Legendary Quests?

Such as possibly, while in a party Player One finishes a Legendary quest, then when Player Two gets done with their Legendary quest, they sync up and both receive the same one.

Or maybe even, each player having an individual Legendary Quest, but also gaining a Party Quest.

• juiciijuicii Member UncommonPosts: 5

Are there any plans to revamp the crafting system? Because the current state of crafting takes a bit too long when a player wants to craft multiple items. It gets quite tedious to only be able to craft one object at a time and having to input the ingredients each time.

I've made a mock up of some small changes that could be made/added, let me know what you think.

As you can see here, the recipes would already have the total amount of ingredients the player holds whether in their inventory or stash. The player is then able to input the amount they want to craft in the box below and it would use the amount of ingredients needed and craft as such.

Also added a small craft progress visual as background of the recipe once you activate the CREATE button. Making it take 2-3 seconds to craft giving the player time to press CANCEL if they wish to cancel. This is incase they've accidentally inputted the wrong amount.

Would love to hear your thoughts. Thank you for your time.

Originally posted by sayuu

It there anything in the Works in regards to alternative ways to get ult power tokens?

Seeing how the Signature powers for  all level 52 reviewed/made heroes get +1% for each rank of ult power, having a low ult on these characters provides a power gap of up to 19% on their signature power.

Having the only reliable (Ghost box gambling doesn't count) way to get  Ult tokens on Eternity Splinters effectively time gates players  who want  max ults.

We have been considering a few different ideas, but nothing solid yet. We agree that there should be other ways to acquire it. We've talked about them dropping as well as other ideas. We will let everyone know if and when we do add any way. Right now, it is one of the big things to work towards.

• TheEnygmaTheEnygma Member UncommonPosts: 26
    so it's kind of hot-button topic but will team-ups get increased functionalities or improvements in the future? They're not that tanky (even when geared for it), people mainly use them as passives and rarely see all the VO/model work, their AI needs improving etc
  • LastexyleLastexyle Member CommonPosts: 10
    With X-23 on the way, will the next/younger generation of New X-men (Surge, Dust, Pixie), Runaways or Young Avengers be on the way next?
  • BrokenSilenceBrokenSilence Member UncommonPosts: 321

Hello and thanks for doing this AMA and putting out such an amazing game! Such an awesome staff and the best community out there.

I have a couple questions about the Future of this great game and hope you will answer then. Thanks in advance.

My first question is about the One Shots. We currently have the Wakanda One Shot, Bronx Zoo on the way and also it has been mentioned that the Shadowland would be coming. Is there another on the docket that you could mention that is definitely coming?

Besides Dr. Doom, Magneto, Juggernaut and Venom is there another villain on the docket currently?

It's mentioned that the villain known as Blizzard is coming to MH. What zone, one shot, raid etc. etc. will he be apart of?

Rescue has been mentioned a couple times, is she planned on being a costume, team-up or a playable character?

When will the original artwork for the Omega system branches be put back into the game?

Will we see Shawdowcat and Lockheed as playable in 2015?

It can be extremely hard to see the mouse pointer at times during battles(boss battles in MM etc. etc.). There are so many colors during battle and the color it changes to from light blue to red make the pointer get lost constantly. Are there plans to change the color or to make it so the pointer doesn't change color? Getting your mouse pointer lost in a boss battle is never fun and I had accidentally running into a Rhino charge or a Blob ass splat lol.

And one last question: How much did you get paid for your twerk session on Twitch?

• DarknessMutaDarknessMuta Member UncommonPosts: 9

This might be a simple user error on my part but it seems there is currently no way to clear a F1-F6 hotkey assignments once it has been assigned other then using a Retcon device.  This seems like a big oversight being forced to use an item that cost a good amount of splinters or Gs to clear a keybind that should be an option to begin with.  I accidently assigned one and thought I could just hit F1 again to clear it out but soon learned the only way is to Retcon the character which I found odd so now I am stuck with that power as I rather not use a Retcon for something that seems like a bug.

• OHieiOHiei Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Any words about Venom? He will be in christmas? any spil from his trees? :3 HE is my favorite character <3 PLEASE
  • VlackeVlacke Member UncommonPosts: 155

Will you guys maybe manage to squeeze in Havok as a playable hero for 2015?

He is a very cool character, worthy of being playable instead of a team up.

Originally posted by Jinxxster

Is there any way with the tech you have that you could create a system for Party Legendary Quests?

Such as possibly, while in a party Player One finishes a Legendary quest, then when Player Two gets done with their Legendary quest, they sync up and both receive the same one.

Or maybe even, each player having an individual Legendary Quest, but also gaining a Party Quest.

We went round and round with the idea of sharing Legendary Quests with a party. It is something we really liked on the surface. In the end, there were way too many min/max play-patterns that could lead or force people into bad game experiences that we didn't want our players to get dragged into.

We have the shared daily quests and we are working on variety for those and a bit of UI change.

Originally posted by Lastexyle
    With X-23 on the way, will the next/younger generation of New X-men (Surge, Dust, Pixie), Runaways or Young Avengers be on the way next?

They are on the long-term list of heroes and Team-Ups options.

Noriko's powers would look cool in game and we could do a lot of fancy lightning animations.

• EmmaFrostituteEmmaFrostitute Member Posts: 1

Can't wait for Jean's preview in a few weeks. To set minds at ease until then, can you guys confirm or deny any of these:

• New telekinesis tech and powers

• Jean will be able to move enemies [beyond Implosion/Wave]

• Throw objects from the world and from powers, at a distance

• New visual effects and variety for her many "circle" powers

Love that we will see costumes now, but lots of her fans would love to know how much focus ended up going into her telekinetic powers? What kind of things can we realistically expect?

Thanks!

• beergo99lesbeergo99les Member Posts: 9

Cheers guys for doing this. You know i'm a big pvp, raid guy and I think raids are good. Thanks for that. I'm also a pvper, I play alot of Dota and Arena in WoW.

I believe I suggested one time a mid town free for all map, it was slightly hinted, which I thought was cool.

What I generally notice in arpg pvp is the reward factor. It is mainly  a pve game, and it directly influences pvp. So many people, will generally be pveing to get better and won't pvp because it's meant for the high end pvers. I'm just translating what's currently going on with quene times.

What can we do to improve the popularity of pvp, in an arpg where pve is the focus?

• raschonraschon Member Posts: 1

Hello, thanks for this opportunity

Mister Brevik had said that after his review, RR would be the best summoner in the whole game. But it isn't really the case. A lot of cool feature listed in your designer's note haven't been added, and it's the same for a lot of thing RR players wanted to see. So will you try to do something this month to meet the expectation of those players ?

Have a good day/evening.

Originally posted by TheEnygma
    so it's kind of hot-button topic but will team-ups get increased functionalities or improvements in the future? They're not that tanky (even when geared for it), people mainly use them as passives and rarely see all the VO/model work, their AI needs improving etc

We like where Team-Ups are now, but I have heard this feedback from a few people. I agree that it would be nice to see and hear them more. I like the way that BRB comes down and casts lightning. It would be fun he said more. I could see us doing more of that in the future.

As for the Tank-status, that wasn't really the intent. You are the hero in this game and it's nice to have someone help out, but the focus should be on you.

• MrLehaneMrLehane Member UncommonPosts: 4

Can u give us some info about Dazzler? I mean, she will be playable someday?  She´s my most wanted hero. 

In case she´s in the playable someday list....long list or short list?

• Tyberius56Tyberius56 Member Posts: 1
    Will Invisible Woman receive a review anytime in the next few months? She is missing many iconic powers and her overall kit is lacking. Her secondary resource also only interacts with a couple of her powers. I feel like she has so much more potential than her current state reflects.
    Originally posted by DarknessMuta

This might be a simple user error on my part but it seems there is currently no way to clear a F1-F6 hotkey assignments once it has been assigned other then using a Retcon device.  This seems like a big oversight being forced to use an item that cost a good amount of splinters or Gs to clear a keybind that should be an option to begin with.  I accidently assigned one and thought I could just hit F1 again to clear it out but soon learned the only way is to Retcon the character which I found odd so now I am stuck with that power as I rather not use a Retcon for something that seems like a bug.

I reported this a bug recently. I'm not sure where it is on the fix list, but it is a known issue that we are going to try and resolve. It may even be fixed in the patch today. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.