Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wakfu: Steam Closed Beta Begins

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Ankama has announced that the closed beta for the Steam version of Wakfu has kicked off effective today, Thursday, July 30th. Players taking part in the closed beta will receive a special reward when the game goes into live retail Steam service later this year.

“Our ambition is to bring WAKFU to players around the world by allowing them to play the game on the platform that they prefer. Releasing WAKFU on Steam follows this strategy, first with English speaking countries then extending it to other countries” says Olivier Comte, Managing Director and Chief Operating Officer at Ankama.

Find out more on the Wakfu page.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

Huh.. Interesting..

This might actually give Wakfu a decent playerbase so it doesn't feel like It's dead so often!

I'll definitely try again when it hits steam.

• Originally posted by GrayImpact

Huh.. Interesting..

This might actually give Wakfu a decent playerbase so it doesn't feel like It's dead so often!

It's not even close to being dead. You should check it out. They went to truly f2p. Now there is a very decent population. Wakfu Asia and International both got a lot of players.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Originally posted by Wyrdfell
    Originally posted by GrayImpact

Huh.. Interesting..

It's not even close to being dead. You should check it out. They went to truly f2p. Now there is a very decent population. Wakfu Asia and International both got a lot of players.

The problem is I started my character that is a relatively high level on Nox. Which is the NA server. Which all of the population of that server migrated to Wakfu Asia except a few. So I'm just hoping in general that we get a boost of population to the Nox server simply so I don't have to reroll and grind out all my crafting again.

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

I loved this game when I tried it in original Beta, very unique and different, pretty much like Final Fantasy Tactics but online. The only thing was I didn't like the subscription based model as I planned on running 3 accounts and it just wasn't logical.

Now that it is full F2P i'll definitely give it another whirl. It's a refreshing strategic MMORPG change of pace and I highly recommend it to anyone half interested Zam still has keys for the Steam version: http://www.zam.com/giveaways/wakfu-steam-beta-key.html

• DenambrenDenambren Member UncommonPosts: 399

It's such a shame how Ankama took a step backwards when they made Wakfu as a sequel to Dofus.

In order to make it easier/cheaper to put detail into the character models of their new Wakfu game, they resorted to a primitive "paper doll" character model system and painted on character details for each race on the basic paperdoll. The result was that almost all of the personality of the different character classes was wiped with the new engine.

Take a look at the old Dofus game page and compare the avatars on that page to the ones that came later in Wakfu. Such a tragedy.

Dofus class list: http://www.dofus.com/en/mmorpg/encyclopedia/classes

Wakfu class list: http://www.wakfu.com/en/mmorpg/encyclopedia/classes