Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

How bad is the hacker issue now?

2»

Comments

• infofrontinfofront Keego Harbor, MIPosts: 160Member
    I agree that there is very little hacking in this game. I think the problem is that there is a mix of casual players, traditional MMO players, and hardcore FPSers. A guy who's been playing FPSes 20+ hours per week for 10 years could easily seem like a hacker to a noob.
  • bcbullybcbully Westland, MIPosts: 8,277Member Uncommon
    It never was. Now it's virtually nonexistent. Amazing things happen in PS2 on the regular.
  • lordshroom420lordshroom420 orlando, FLPosts: 32Member
    Funny People that say " no hackers " !  Hacker: "That's right bud there's No  hackers" Throws Bait! Come on in Esp auto aim Love ! lol
  • NagilumSadowNagilumSadow Atlanta, GAPosts: 299Member
    Personally I have never encountered a "hacker," but in my experience the so called hacker is generally the person playing 16 hours a day that owns you. Mixed with a little 'amour propre',  the individual in question quickly becomes a so-called "hacker".
  • BlotieBlotie anywhere, MSPosts: 16Member

I started playing heavily again a few months ago.  I am just not seeing any hackers.  There are probably a few but in such large scale combat it is difficult to tell and doesnt really matter anyway.

I think people yelling "hacker" and usually just whiners that are mad they died.   Every once in a while I get a hate tell saying I am hacking because I killed someone and they didnt like it.  Simply, I dont hack.  I either got luck or they suck.  Of course there are also the occasional bug or lag related death.

In summation, hacking is not an issue IMHO.

• CaldrinCaldrin CwmbranPosts: 4,533Member Uncommon

I have been playing planetside 2 quite a bit over the last few months and msut admit have never noticed any hackers or anything liek that.. sure maybe there are a few here and there but getting killed one is not the end of the world the battles are so big that a few hackers here or there dont make a blind bit of difference.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Somewhere in nowherePosts: 2,323Member Uncommon

I think there's a big difference between looking for aimbots / hacks in a massive largescale battle or a rather small battle.

In those large battles I get the "holy shit wtf?" moments as well, when you get killed instantly from near impossible angles. But one way to easily explain that away, is that there's simply a huge volume of fire and explosions being traded in all directions. Therefore it isn't unreleastic to assume some crazy weird shots will still end up getting you.

I've rekindled my interest in the game, now that I clearly see my destiny is to be a pink spandex clad Vanu soldier. And I usually stick to small scale engagements following a squad around. It offers a much better picture of what is going on.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

2»