Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starpoint Gemini 2 - open space RPG

TamoVamoTamoVamo Member Posts: 24

I like to  show u the game im all in now... Starpoint Gemini 2

Its still in early access, but i can i say it has grown on me. Finaly a nice space sim with RPG elements, upgrading your abilities, your ship/s (there is like 70 of them u can get) from gunners to big carrier class. A lot of stuff to do in a realy big universe that has no loading between sectors. U can trade, try some pirating, mining, or just usual "lats try to kill the one there :)".

A space sim Rpg with open sandbox universe, I hope ull like it as i did, and am still liking it :)

http://www.starpointgemini.com

http://www.incgamers.com/2014/04/starpoint-gemini-2-early-access-preview

Some nice videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y0ON9hVciY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIofcY9sAw8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO1tfN5xtgM

Comments

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    I do kind of like the look fo this but was waiting until release..
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Ive heard this was similar to SPAZ- Space Pirates and Zombies- and that game is currently available on Steam. I also believe SPAZ 2 is also being developed.  Anyone play both and can comment?
  • TamoVamoTamoVamo Member Posts: 24

Naa, i didnt, and could not find any Zombies :P

Al least here i know there are just pirates, traders and freelancers :) 

And it looks like, its on Steam Daily deal today, 33% off, for 15,40€

Nice ;)

• ElmberryElmberry Member UncommonPosts: 195

I really like the game. However there are some improvements I hope they make for the game:

1. I wished you could build your own spaceship with resources you harvest. It feels kind of pointless to harvest, especially also when resources are not worth anything special. It would be great when you for example find valuable asteroid that you get quite many resources from it or better that the resource is much more worth, not 500 to 2k or whatever as you gets today, but maybe 10k to 25k or maybe 50k in dangerous areas (rare resources).

2. I wished the name of the ships was not connected to the world we are living in.... like Tzar, tokyo, etc...

3. The only way to earn good money is to take over other ships.

4. I wished there is some kind of goal in the game also when you play skirmish (whatever the gamemode is called).

Other than that the game is a gem. :)

This is off the records from one of the devs i talked to:

1. In the official release u will have the option to find blueprint parts from some of the alien ships, and then u can build them.

2. The story of the universe is ofc connected to the colonization of space, like the name New York in our era :P

3.  It is like that, but i also agree when u take a ship whit a big cargo, and do some battles, its nice money :)

4. There will be a nice main story and nonlinear side missions - so there will be a lot to do for a loooong time 

I hope that helped  ;)

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Not paying for Alpha...
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

Then for the Beta :P :D
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by TamoVamo
    Then for the Beta :P :D

Jumpgate looks better.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    Pre purchased already. Bought the original as well at full price years ago. Thought it was a fairly interesting game but flawed. Seems like the sequel will fully flesh out the ideas in the original.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

I actually didnt play the 1st one. But the info iv got from the forum is that new sequel that im playing is much better and more diverse... and 2 steps stronger in graphics and all around gameplay.

Will see what the final version shell bring us :)

And must say relay like the ST mods the community made..

• FuzzyBulbFuzzyBulb Member Posts: 11

Screens look nice, but arnt indie games usual a small and cheap product, just for short fun and casual gaming?

Here, the universe is wast and no loading transitions... open space with tons of stuff to do...

Try ;)

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by FuzzyBulb

Screens look nice, but arnt indie games usual a small and cheap product, just for short fun and casual gaming?

Minecraft

FTL

Space Pirates and Zombies

World of Tanks

War Thunder

Linkrealms

Wurm Online

EVE-Online

etc.

Both indie and mainstream have their ripoffs of course but neither should be defined by them.

Take a look on a new big update, the game is now V0.8000

I think they are close to ending the game :)

Great new stuff added, like new nebulas and lightning effects in them... scary :O

And juuust love the blueprints system, here u can get parts of the blueprints to make a schematic for a superior weapon or a rare ship (like getting parts of a buried treasure map)  

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476

honest question: why would i play this over EVE?
    (And yes, you can compare them)

Hmm, good one.

But this is a SP game as i know :P

So here u have the difference, and yes i will even play Freelancer more then EVE

I concur, Single Player games are totally different way of gaming then MMOs and have a different feel to it.

So u realy cant ask why to play and SP compared to MMO

Here it is a nice deal for you guys and gals, your family and friends.

A Daily deal for SPG2 on Steam, for only 13,79€.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/236150/?snr=1_4_4__43