Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF mmo like neverwinter

rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 4

things i like about this game:

pvp

combat COMBAT COMBAT (i love action based pvp combat)

campaign grind

things i hate about this game:

the dependance on cash shop items to become "competitive" in end game

i don't want to call this game pay2win, not entirely, because sure you can get stuff if you wait a long while

but the fact that you can buy zen/ad and get gear/enchants, it's kind of game breaking imo

i love the game, and i don't mind supporting the company with my monies....but the prices aren't "legit" to me...i'd honestly rather pay a sub and not have all these obstacles like coal wards and what not

anyway, is there a mmo like neverwinter that you guys can recommend? f2p or sub based, doesn't matter

i've tried:

guild wars 1/2, no thanks, i like grinding for gear that improves my character, not just cosmetic

eso, released way too early, nothing to do, pvp is a snooze fest, devs are incompetent

rift, not really sure, haven't gotten into it

marvel heroes, fun enough for a diablo clone

TOR, f2p model is a complete scam, devs are incredibly incompetent

i've heard about vindictus, but i hear a lot of stuff about it being dead and p2w haha, any experience?

Comments

• XirikXirik Member UncommonPosts: 440

id suggest TERA  it has everything you want except the campaign like questing. there really isn't a story but that's okay with me cause the combat is awesome.

The only thing that I HATE about the game is the Elin race which for some reason is the most popular. They are childlike lolicon race that made every pervert and generally disgusting person on the internet play it.

"You have some serious mental issues you may need to seek some help for. There are others who post things, but do not post them in the way you do. Out of every person who posts crazy shit in this forum, you have some of the craziest and scariest" -FarReach

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669

TERA seems close to what you are looking for. Action combat, and an end game gear treadmill (hit cap, do dailies and 3/5/7 man dungeons for tokens to get Steadfast gear > enchant gear to +12 > then start Wonderholme for wonderholme gear > etc.).

Here is a relatively long review of my 1-60 experience.

• AceMasterAceMaster Member UncommonPosts: 35

c9, dragon nest, aion

out of the 3, dragon nest has the best campaign/story

c9 has pvp similar to neverwinter.Dragon nest to, but i think c9 is better. 

Aion has map pvp(race vs race) as well as arenas and duels. The game is click and atack, but at higher levels, you have so many skills, with lots of nice animation and the game becomes action like. The only problem with it, is that the game is a huge grind. You can level in a few days to max level if you are an experienced hardcore player. For me it took months, 2 hours a day. And then the gear farming starts....

Vindictus has awesome graphics, the combat not that bad, but it's missing something for me pve wise(maybe played wrong class?). Didn't try pvp, but i heard few people are doing that and most of playerbase are doing just pve

If you want to try tera, do it before trying the 3 games i mentioned. The only thing going for tera is it's action combat and the 3 games i mention + neverwinter, in my opinion, has way better combat. For an action game, the combat in Tera seems to slow for me.

Wildstar might be good for you. First videos i saw, were screeming neverwinter. Gameplay wise, i liked neverwinter more tough (tried wildstar in beta)

another one is DC universe online, if you like heroes stuff. Altough it's f2p, subscription have huge benefits.

Since a lot of games are f2p now, you can try mopst of them free. 

Good luck

• rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 4

that's right

i forgot to mention i love being able to just log in and do some battlegrounds/arenas

as with neverwinter

how is tera in this regard?

is tera at all pay 2 win?

is the pvp active?

is there pvp gear to grind for?

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Originally posted by rotatorkuf

that's right

i forgot to mention i love being able to just log in and do some battlegrounds/arenas

as with neverwinter

how is tera in this regard?

is tera at all pay 2 win?

is the pvp active?

is there pvp gear to grind for?

Pretty much yes to all your quetions.  Except the Pay to win.  Tera actually has one of the best free to play systems out there (along with Rift).  You honestly won't lose anything but maybe some time trying the game.  I wouldn't even bother waiting for more opinions.  Just try the game for free and see for yourself.

• rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 4

i keep reading that pvp in TERA is dead

idk, i guess i need to try it out

any opinions on dragon nest and vindictus?

i tried c9 but the game was dead for US

downloading dragon nest and vindictus

• irnbru69irnbru69 Member UncommonPosts: 124
    dungeons and dragons >_>
  • S-mmoS-mmo Member UncommonPosts: 47

Raiderz, Blade and soul ( Russia server-have eng patch) ,Yulgang 2, Age of wushu,C9. If you really want to play Tera then go NA server.Why not EU? i think if i say Gameforge is enough(any old gamer will understand).

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    Originally posted by Xirik

id suggest TERA  it has everything you want except the campaign like questing. there really isn't a story but that's okay with me cause the combat is awesome.

The only thing that I HATE about the game is the Elin race which for some reason is the most popular. They are childlike lolicon race that made every pervert and generally disgusting person on the internet play it.

From one professional with good taste to another, listen to this guy. I was going to say TERA as well.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"