Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Distaste for Blizzard

WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

To anyone playing and being a HS fan we have seen the boredom and waiting game for Blizzard to do something to allow us to regain our interest.

As soon as the few new cards were released the numbers soared we even passed LOL on the Twitch TV streams.Then a few days later most realize this was a half ass attempt by Blizzard and that nothing has really changed.If anything all that has changed is Zoo gains a new card to make it even more viable.Today Saturday during peak times i see that even Minecraft has more viewers which is VERY sad and proves that Blizzard did not and has not done enough.

There is no mutiplayer example 2 versus 2 or 4 versus 4,not enough cards anyhow to support it and at Blizzard's current slow pace we are not likely to ever see it.There is no Blizzard run tournaments which SHOULD be every weekend IF they took their own product serious enough.Themed decks example Pirate decks,Orc decks geesh i guess i could even accept a Panda deck just show me some effort Blizzard,quit operating like a second rate developer.Yes we have the Beast deck "Hunter" but ONLY because  Buzzard needs beast to run it's card draw mechanic,aside from that we have literally nothing.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Comments

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

1) Twitch is not a good indicator of which games are the most popular. When something is high up on twitch, it's due to the following reasons:

a) The more popular streamers are currently playing that game

b) It's new

c) It's being botted

d) They've gotten twitch to make them a featured game temporarily.

There are numerous games that float to the top of twitch, which are clearly not what most people are playing. And upon checking them out, you'll realize that certain streamers have a ridiculously large following, and could make minesweeper look like the next hot thing if they wanted to.

2) I hate to say it, but Blizzard is not the same developer it used to be. They have shown that they are no longer interested in making games of the same caliber. They are more interested in making popular games (ones that sell) than ones that are good. Hearthstone is a pretty clear example of this. Tbh the last really solid game Blizzard released was Starcraft II. And that game they've even tried dumbing parts down, but the competitive scene for it prevents them doing so outside of the single-player campaign.

• TankYou88TankYou88 Member Posts: 310
    HS is something to play when your raid is getting ready. If you treat it anything more than that then you are wasting your time. HS was not created to overthrow Magic. If you want a game with tons of cards and interactions then play Magic. Hell Pokemon is more strategic than HS. Just play HS in between different things and have fun.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Well i am sure that once Hearthstone pass it´s 17:th year on the market it will be a fair bit more complex then it is now.

I don´t get this mentality that we have these days that everything should come out of the gate swinging a schnable the size of of a elephant trunk.

Yes HS is sort of baby´s first CCG but that was a epitet given to Pokemon too back in the day.. and it seems to be doing fine.

This have been a good conversation

• STYNKFYSTSTYNKFYST Member Posts: 290

OP...and everyone like him/her...

Stop playing games for a while. Seriously....

You are bad mouthing things that YOU are bored with. Or get bored with fast. Has nothing to do with said game at all. Has to do with overplaying games. I know you'll say I'm wrong, but maybe you need less play time in any game....hmm?

• IntheShadowsIntheShadows Member Posts: 58

I have a feeling that OP is one of the many people who play the game non stop all day and then complain that it's boring. I log in, do my dailies, open a pack if I have the gold, and log off feeling satisfied. 

This post isn't me downing people who play all day, but the game is not complex enough for it stay interesting for that long. Everyone runs the same decks time and time again. Yesterday I had 3 different priest players do the EXACT same thing that every other priest does back to back and it infuriates me every time. What Blizz should add is a daily where you have to play/win with a randomized deck. It might be a little frustrating if you have a bad hand, but then at least there's a chance your warlock opponent won't be running a zoo deck like every other warlock.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    You can't base a games population strictly on twitch followers or watchers. The people that play the game tend to be players of other major games so when someone decides to play hearthstone with 200k followers and 50k subs they get like 20 k people watching the game and that one stream is bolstering the number for the game up above wow and league. It's just a popularity contest on there.
  • thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144

At one point I actually trusted twitch numbers to make a guess on how popular a game is, but if you think about it a little twitch numbers just mean that a lot of people are watching and not playing.   It might be possible to gauge interest in a game, but I don't think it is possible to gauge the population through twitch.       

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Originally posted by thinktank001

At one point I actually trusted twitch numbers to make a guess on how popular a game is, but if you think about it a little twitch numbers just mean that a lot of people are watching and not playing.   It might be possible to gauge interest in a game, but I don't think it is possible to gauge the population through twitch.       

Yeah you can gauge interest but you cannot gauge players. Sometimes people will play the most obscure game ever and get it to the front page almost the top spot and it will still not have anyone playing. Like Nosgoth, it's been on there any time lirik plays it because he gets like 10k viewers but it's still dead. Just like when dustforce was on the front page because some streamer decided he wanted to play the game and try it out. It's just when popular people play a game it gets popular until they are done. I remember when all the popular streamers were theory crafting for hearthstone. Back when Kripp, Sodapoppin, Swifty and more were playing the beta it was frigging HUGE on twitch. After they lost interest the game went down super far. It has nothing to do with game population whatsoever just who is playing it.

• MilanderMilander Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Originally posted by tawess

Well i am sure that once Hearthstone pass it´s 17:th year on the market it will be a fair bit more complex then it is now.

I don´t get this mentality that we have these days that everything should come out of the gate swinging a schnable the size of of a elephant trunk.

Yes HS is sort of baby´s first CCG but that was a epitet given to Pokemon too back in the day.. and it seems to be doing fine.

Baby's first CCG? You mean like Portal? :D I think HS is a hell of a lot better than Portal :)