Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else looking forward to abusing justice system?

EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
Since there are only a limited  number npcs protected from murder (only quest givers and actual merchants), anyone looking forward to going into banks and other highly used non protected npc areas and commiting mass murder? I cant wait to and then own whatever bounty hunter comes along on my VR 12 DK. Oh the tears will be delicious.

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
PS3

Comments

• XssivXssiv Member UncommonPosts: 359

That'll be fun for about a week.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    trolls gonna troll.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    I bet my pvp guilds would love to have a troll tuesday event or something where we zerg newb area bankers. Telling them to L2p if they want to bank.

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• GregorMcgregorGregorMcgregor Member UncommonPosts: 263

Bankers will (or should) be immune. If not... enjoy your ban from the million reports you'll get. :P

No trials. No tricks. No traps. No EU-RP server. NO THANKS!

...10% Benevolence, 90% Arrogance in my case!
  • VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

if bankers are not protected when this releases, they will be within one patch if the update doesn't get rolled back all together. 

And the tears of the griefers will be so delicious. 

All die, so die well.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Are you 100% sure that bankers will be able to be killed by players?

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    I would say that is why mmos devs turn npcs into gods. When they add an interesting mechanic, people abuse them. And then the same people cry when the game is changed.

• blubstererblubsterer Member Posts: 88
    Originally posted by Ehllfhire
    Since there are only a limited  number npcs protected from murder (only quest givers and actual merchants), anyone looking forward to going into banks and other highly used non protected npc areas and commiting mass murder? I cant wait to and then own whatever bounty hunter comes along on my VR 12 DK. Oh the tears will be delicious.

Sure, you can do that. After all you are paying a subscription. And for that you are entitled to do all the things that aren't explicitly forbidden. Right?

Well, guess what happens if your desires collide with the ideas of the majority? Either it'll get patched faster than all those tears could dry. Or the whole mechanic will be removed completely. You get the idea?

Abusive behaviour will never be worthwile. At the end both sides will loose. But it's your time and money, so do as you please ;)

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,381

ESO devs seem like they may be over-reacting a bit to complaints about the game.   Some additions look like they'll add a whole new kettle of trouble (as pointed out by the OP, etc). 

You kinda hope that they've actually paid attention to how these sorts of game designs have had problems in the past.....

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• OriousOrious Member UncommonPosts: 548

The banker should be VR20 and upon killing any attempted griefer...they should then remove the loot from the griefer's bank.

Better yet...as long as you're red you can't bank or talk to NPCs anyway.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

I think it'll be fun to go into opposing faction zones and kill NPC's.  

oh wait. 

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949

"Anyone else looking forward to abusing justice system?"

No and you shouldnt either. grow up. 

"Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

This system might just pull me out of Cyrodiil. Sounds like a lot of fun to me. 

and ofcourse critical npcs will not be killable image

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    I bet my pvp guilds would love to have a troll tuesday event or something where we zerg newb area bankers. Telling them to L2p if they want to bank.

I just want to take the time to say thanks. Thanks for showing exactly why we can never get real freedom in our games or their mechanics. As long as people think freedom is there so you can ruin another's experience for shits and giggles, we'll never get real sandbox mechanics, People need to learn there's a difference between "playing the bad guy" and "being the bad guy", too many fall into the latter thinking they're the former. 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Distopia

I just want to take the time to say thanks. Thanks for showing exactly why we can never get real freedom in our games or their mechanics. As long as people think freedom is there so you can ruin another's experience for shits and giggles, we'll never get real sandbox mechanics, People need to learn there's a difference between "playing the bad guy" and "being the bad guy", too many fall into the latter thinking they're the former. 

Stiff penalties, up to 5 hours in jail, must remain online. Wushu did a great job at separating the two. The troll was punished severely. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Well as long as it is as fun and non loser like the OP is describing, count me in.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

I doubt that banks are going to be open game.

My guess is that it's more a "role play" feature where one can steal and "murder" but won't go beyond that.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534
    My worry is that people can reset the bankers, preventing others from using them even if they can't be killed.  On the other hand, sharding can be an effective escape from griefing (log out, the annoying guy who used to be next to you no longer sees you when you log back in).
  • AmegashieAmegashie Member UncommonPosts: 289
    Given Zeni's track record regarding Q&A, the first two weeks or so of the justice system will be a non-stop party.
  • lahlaoslahlaos Member Posts: 2
    I hear if you kill the bankers they freeze your assets for a few days and your credit rating is put in the red :p
  • kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717

Seems to me you should be playing EVE.  Unless of course you are afraid of being the victim.

• DeddmeatDeddmeat Member UncommonPosts: 387

I play EVE and they could put in something akin to the high sec for bankers, gives them some well 'ard n tough bastards to help protect the banker npc and kick the living day lights out of pvp grieving nuts.

In pvp areas let the players decide on how protected the npc is, give them a basic protection detail and players can contribute towards upgrading that bankers protection for that month from their own coin purses.

Or they can leave it at base protection meaning pvp people get a better shot at killing the banker

• karat76karat76 Member UncommonPosts: 1,000
    Bankers should be immune . If anything I wish it was possible to perma ban the OP's account ESO right now. This kind of attitude and behavior proves my point my people are violent animals with few redeemable qualities. The internet and the riots after sporting events are just examples.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Can't quite understand the mentality of someone who enjoys doing something just to make others miserable.

Must have gotten dropped on their heads or something as children.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MsPtibiscuitMsPtibiscuit Member Posts: 164

You really think NPCs Justice System won't be phased ? When you will kill somebody, he will only be killed for you

You realize ESO is a game mainly for casuals, developpers won't let players have interactions with other players, this would not match the core philosophy of ESO.