Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Small improvements I have noticed my first day back

sludgebeardsludgebeard Member RarePosts: 788
  • The UI is incredibly more streamlined and user friendly, on top of that you can actually adjust sizes for each bar and customize which was a must for me when I previously played.
  • The skills system is so much more creative now and makes playing around with prowess more fun than upsetting. Before your choices were so limited, now you have the freedom to do basically anything you want ala "Elder Scrolls".
  • They must have fixed some of the latency issues because my FPS is through the roof even in major cities with tons o people, and im even running on a slower internet connection than I was last year when I played.
  • THE COMMUNITY - Aside from the occasional annoying troll there has been a huge improvement in the state of the community as a whole. The general chat is actually full of people talking and not bitching or tryhard trolling. This added with the new Mentor system really helps bridge the former gap that put every player in their own seperate hate bubble waiting to be burst.

Honestly Ive just scratched the surface of the game again, theres still alot I have to relearn and I still have a ton of work to do fleshing out my skills but it feels like a refreshing start to me, and that the game HAS actually made progress. When you look at how stagnant most AAA games are, how similar the core-gameplay feels even with tons of updates added,  and then look at darkfall; you see that the developers actually took feedback and made some real changes.

I hope more people start joining because this is honestly the best MMO on the market in my opinion right now, if anyone wants to join me for starting a new char, just message me here or PM me. Im going to be starting up again with a friend in couple hours and having some more new adventurers would be fun as hell!

Happy Hunting Guys!

Comments

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

I told myself I wouldn't play this game again unless they got rid of the enormous useless and annoying circle in the middle of my screen, blocking the view of archery and just looking out of place.

Is it still there?

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    I'm curious about this game.  Is there a free trial or buddy key or something?  Seems interesting.  I'm cruising the official site right now.  Maybe i'll find the answer.
  • sludgebeardsludgebeard Member RarePosts: 788
    Originally posted by MrMelGibson
    I'm curious about this game.  Is there a free trial or buddy key or something?  Seems interesting.  I'm cruising the official site right now.  Maybe i'll find the answer.

Im in the process of getting my buddy keys right now actually. I will send you one, as long as your serious about looking to play. Obviously if the games not for you thats fine and I have no problem if you dont subscribe, but make sure you meet the minimum system specs and that you are willing to learn and give it a real shot. Ill help you in game as well!

Anyone else want a key once I have them? I should have two more if MrMelGibson claims his.

• SpardaXSpardaX Member Posts: 46
    Well if you dont mind a person that lives in asia I would gladly take one has I always wanted to try the game. the server and all is in America right? I have to check that out.
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Originally posted by SpardaX
    Well if you dont mind a person that lives in asia I would gladly take one has I always wanted to try the game. the server and all is in America right? I have to check that out.

If its still as it was a few years ago they have a US server and a EU server. Distance from you will matter in this game because ping can be important. Having said that I am in the US and played on EU because I was a sneaky one.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Originally posted by sludgebeard

Im in the process of getting my buddy keys right now actually. I will send you one, as long as your serious about looking to play. Obviously if the games not for you thats fine and I have no problem if you dont subscribe, but make sure you meet the minimum system specs and that you are willing to learn and give it a real shot. Ill help you in game as well!

Anyone else want a key once I have them? I should have two more if MrMelGibson claims his.

I am absolutely serious about trying it.  Never really played an mmo like this to be honest.  Other then maybe DAoC,  I more then exceed the specs required.  I would definitely appreciate a key and would gladly make my character no your server/realm (if they have that).  Thanks in Advance!

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

I am absolutely serious about trying it.  Never really played an mmo like this to be honest.  Other then maybe DAoC,  I more then exceed the specs required.  I would definitely appreciate a key and would gladly make my character no your server/realm (if they have that).  Thanks in Advance!

key?

no

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

Ok ill PM you with the key info! 

Got two more Keys, next two who reply to this post will get em.

Sorry NA and EU only guys!

I can play in US or EU because I always use Pingzapper to improve my Ping, Im actually playing with my real life friends from Portugal in the GW2 EU server, so I can play its ok for me, I just dont know where is the Server located :D Well if you can't lend me a key, I will have to think if I want to spend the money to try it :P The game sounds good :)
  • mmoesportsmmoesports Member UncommonPosts: 161

hmm OP how can you make this claim?  You just played for few hours.  Keep playing and you will see the depth :-) 

Originally posted by SpardaX
    I can play in US or EU because I always use Pingzapper to improve my Ping, Im actually playing with my real life friends from Portugal in the GW2 EU server, so I can play its ok for me, I just dont know where is the Server located :D Well if you can't lend me a key, I will have to think if I want to spend the money to try it :P The game sounds good :)

Ill give you a key but you have to promise to at least give the game a fair, dedicated run before you make any purchase decisions. No playing for a few hours and then calling it quits :P

If you agree then Ill PM you with a key :)

Of course mate, I have been jumping from game to game, FFXIV, ESO, TERA, GW2... But it gets boring doing all the same quest hub kind of game and playing alone really sucks... so if I can play with people and the Darkfall system sounds really interesting I'm up for it. You can pm me the details and where do you play and all, and later I will download and install it just tell me if you play on US or EU. Thanks. Now I have to go to work, will be waiting for a reply.
  • KnuckledustKnuckledust Member Posts: 12
    Sludge, could you please send me the other key? I am looking for a new MMO after trying everything and I've been hearing good stuff about DF. I would love to try it and test it through, I am on vacation so lots of time to play and most probably I will buy it anyway.

Alright Spardax Ill PM you the key friend! 

Last key went to Knuckledust. All gone!

If anyone wants to meet in game though, please PM me or message me on this forum. Im going to be streaming tomorow night as well if anyone wants to be a part of some fun random Darkfall Stream and see the new content!

Thanks guys, Happy Hunting!

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

I still got one if anyone is interested.  My buddy keys come with advice and help.  Will be a busy weekend for me (helping a friend move) but my guild and I plan on bringing some boats and going to the kraken event.  May be a good chance for someone to come along.

PS:  Sludge, you can ask AV for more and they will probably give you more to hand out. 

• LimitationsLimitations Member UncommonPosts: 85

If anyone has a spare key, could I possibly use it? Would love to review the game. If not, I'll just buy a sub! Thanks!

-Josh

Who said this won't be perfect after all we know what is right
    And the sounds of bodies clashing is enough to make them cry.
    You know this cannot be perfect even when it is feeling right.
    And the sound of bodies crashing echo through the night.

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878

Honestly Ive just scratched the surface of the game again, theres still alot I have to relearn and I still have a ton of work to do fleshing out my skills but it feels like a refreshing start to me, and that the game HAS actually made progress.

This is true for me, too. I have pages to read (noobie starter guides) and videos to watch just to figure out how to spend my measly 30k PP left over from when I played last year. But I'm looking forward to having some solid time to sink into it after summer.

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Even though I have trolled this game and the devs in the past.. I am interested in trying it out. Some of the improvements over the original sound pretty good. Any spare key send one my way.
  • PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603

Well to avoid a warning for "trolling" again I will just say this one statement:

Make sure you get a buddy key and test this game before you pay money for it, trust me.

• L0gicaL1nsanityL0gicaL1nsanity Member CommonPosts: 3

I would love to spend some time really learning this game. If any have a spare key, it will go to a good use. And will most likely lead to a full game unlock if that is any incentive. ;)

Ill most likely have more keys tomorrow or monday guys, ill post back with details :)

BTW: Game continues to amaze me, been just having fun exploring the world, I havent been super serious about prowess, just finding an ogre camp and cleaning it till I get a feat done then moving on. The game as a whole is just full of content as long as you like exploration and a challenge.

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341
    Originally posted by goboygo

I told myself I wouldn't play this game again unless they got rid of the enormous useless and annoying circle in the middle of my screen, blocking the view of archery and just looking out of place.

Is it still there?

yes but that's one of the next few things they are tackling.

altho i never found it annoying.  even when i first started DFUW.  but i was just thinking to myself the last time i played..... that i was surprised that i DIDN'T find it annoying.  cuz i could see why newcomers would.

i think its nice that it puts the health of your target right front and center.  

(i guess that was probably hyperbole, but its far from "useless".  that ring is a health meter, and casting/breathe/other meters)

in an intense action game like Darkfall, much more of your attention is pinpointed on your crosshair, and its much easier to keep track of things there, than when they are on the edge of your screen.

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

Is it still there?

Not after today's patch, if you don't want it to be.

• FearmeirlFearmeirl Member UncommonPosts: 231

Is it still there?

Nope, cross hair is fully customizable.