Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PLEX like item in DFO

Comments

• BailoPan15BailoPan15 Member Posts: 410
    Originally posted by Caaahl

I never got much into EVE, so i am not familiar with PLEX.

Only read a bit about it. But at least in EVE it works out, i guess!?

Yeah its a way of gold buyers to get subscriptions for everybody although i don't think this gimmick will save DFUW

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by BailoPan15

Yeah its a way of gold buyers to get subscriptions for everybody although i don't think this gimmick will save DFUW

Save it?  Darkfall seems to be doing quite well since the removal of the class system.  Get with the times.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by BailoPan15

in EVE ,players buying plex for RL money and selling in eve market for isk(in game currency ) , it is lootable ,many naive players transporting plex in cargo hold  making happy gate campers

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Do you have a link to more information on that? I tried googling but came up empty. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

there was a dev post a while ago saying how much he likes the PLEX system, so this isn't a surprise to me.

however I'm scetical it will be used at all in the player base as small as darkfall. the game really needs to go free to play imo. hopefully I am wrong and people are selling this item for a reasonable price but doubtful.

My blog: image

• ParepinParepin Member UncommonPosts: 257
    This is a good thing for the game.  Except it can not be looted.  That stinks.
  • sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950

I've not played DarkFall, but I can tell you guys that PLEX actually works in EVE because ship destruction and item loss means people who purchase the plex to sell on the market have a reason to, which I think you guys have covered, and also because EVE has a healthy economy (they even have economists on staff), which I'm not so sure about.

Wildstar does it too, but I never thought that would really work because they've got a gear treadmill with items that don't get destroyed, so how do you encourage players to buy the Plex thing in enough numbers that the cost on the market isn't astronomical? It seems like they've gone with the massive gold sinks everywhere route and that kind of sucks for players who don't want to buy their CREDD and sell it for gold because they get all of the suck of the gold sink without spending cash to fill the hole.

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

talking about the low playerbase or dieing game is no longer justified:)  I played Darkfall on and off since early Darkfall 1 and the population currently is very healthy and growing.

In my opinion Darkfall is doing better than it ever did before in many ways (current game, upcoming content, community, dev interaction) 

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Sounds more like an SOE idea,buy an item on the marketplace and you can sell it.Why players do this is beyond me,especially in the SOE game it costs MORE than a regular sub fee.Basically it is like a very costly form of buying game currency,lames any game out into cheesy gaming.You want EVERYTHING in a games economy to be legit,you don't want players trading or selling any of it for REAL money.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.