Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Destiny Ghost Edition Pre-Orders Cancelled Due to Supply Shortages

Comments

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894

At least they are telling you now and not the day of. Amazon told me the day that FFXIV:ARR was due out they would not be able to fulfill my order. They did give me a $100 USD credit after I complained to customer service. I still use Amazon to this day. Just one bad experience.

Speaking of which I tried to order the Ghost edition on Amazon for PS4 and it must have sold out in less than a minute. I failed.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Wow, now there's something you don't see every day ! image

Demand for the CE must have been far higher than Bungie had anticipated, else they'd have ordered a larger initial run of those toys...

• TyggsTyggs Member UncommonPosts: 456
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

Wow, now there's something you don't see every day ! image

Demand for the CE must have been far higher than Bungie had anticipated, else they'd have ordered a larger initial run of those toys...

Do not underestimate the power of Peter Dinklage's voice

SWTOR Referral Link

Free Goodies for new or returning players.

See what it gets you Here

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

Hate crap like this..

Even though this does not hurt me personally it still makes me mad as a consumer.

If I was a supplier to walmart and they ordered from me and I was like sure np I will send that out as soon as I can.

Then I turn around a week later and say oh sorry I can not fill that order at this time.

I would be so screwed. Lost business, pulled orders, fees, possibly even legal issues.

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970
  • KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Originally posted by andre369
    Originally posted by psiic

Hate crap like this..

Even though this does not hurt me personally it still makes me mad as a consumer.

If I was a supplier to walmart and they ordered from me and I was like sure np I will send that out as soon as I can.

Then I turn around a week later and say oh sorry I can not fill that order at this time.

I would be so screwed. Lost business, pulled orders, fees, possibly even legal issues.

You are basically saying this is Walmart fault and not Bungie?

Eh...it's not really the fault of anyone. Publishers can only anticipate so much when it comes to pre-orders. If they over estimate, then they are left with a bunch of product collecting dust. Too little, and well orders have a tough time being fulfilled by retailers.