Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gaming headset.

st4t1ckst4t1ck Member UncommonPosts: 768

I'm looking for a good gaming headset. more then likely going wireless this time if i can find something. I did a little research but only coming up with the Logitec g930.   not totally against that but would like a few more to look at and make a decision.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504
    had a G930 for like almost 3 years now and never had a problem with it... great headset
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

What are your parameters for buying a headset?  Can it be a headset with earbuds, does it need to cover the entire ear or can it be an on-ear style?  What about wireless?

If your system has bluetooth, you can do worse than the LG Tone.  It's wireless bluetooth, designed for audio and has pretty good built in noise cancellation.  It also has a decent mic.  They are light, have something like a 15 hour talk time and a ridiculously long standby time.  The earbuds are the stick-in-the-ear-hole style, which isn't my favorite, but my ears don't actually hurt, and the sound quality is good.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• st4t1ckst4t1ck Member UncommonPosts: 768
    Originally posted by lizardbones

What are your parameters for buying a headset?  Can it be a headset with earbuds, does it need to cover the entire ear or can it be an on-ear style?  What about wireless?

If your system has bluetooth, you can do worse than the LG Tone.  It's wireless bluetooth, designed for audio and has pretty good built in noise cancellation.  It also has a decent mic.  They are light, have something like a 15 hour talk time and a ridiculously long standby time.  The earbuds are the stick-in-the-ear-hole style, which isn't my favorite, but my ears don't actually hurt, and the sound quality is good.

wireless is what im looking for but its not a breaking point.. not really into the ear buds thing as i wear them for long periods of time, and ear buds start to bother me after a while when at the gym.   So cover the entire ear would be optimal

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

Price range.

I would look at Tt eSports as well if you are under $200. They usually survey game tourney players for everything they do. So chances are they tested them for prolonged comfort. If you can wear them at Best Buy or something that would be ideal since you only know about a headphone after putting it on your head. I think a circumeral might be difficult in a gym environment.

I am personally a fan of the over-the-ear headsets, without noise cancellation.  It just feels weird to not be able to hear anything in the house with my back turned to it.  That said, the LG Tones work well, but while in in-ear buds aren't my favorite, I tolerate them pretty well.  My ears don't hurt.

Here is a wireless Corsair headset that gets good reviews on NewEgg, and has over a hundred reviews.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826816028

They are about in the same price range as the Logitech depending on where you buy them.  The Logitech will have more in the way of buttons and Logitech in general builds quality stuff.  It seems to me the extra buttons would go to waste though.

I can't find any information on how light the headsets are though.  I would expect the lightest headset to probably be the most comfortable.

I have a Turtle Beach wired headset, and it works well, but the wireless Turtle Beach headsets do not get great reviews.  If I do go wireless, I'll probably just get a bluetooth receiver and use my Tones.  But then I'm kind of cheap. :-)

• st4t1ckst4t1ck Member UncommonPosts: 768

I'm leaning towards the g930 now that i see they have programmable buttons. i can link team speak without the keyboard which would be nice.

the corsair pair looks good as well.

looked at the lg tones, don't think those are for me..

Originally posted by st4t1ck

I'm leaning towards the g930 now that i see they have programmable buttons. i can link team speak without the keyboard which would be nice.

I don't think you can go wrong with the Logitech headset. :-)

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

I own and used a Logitech G930 for a couple years.  

Pros:

-They have nice range, but if you're only sitting at your desk to use them, it won't matter.

-Programmable buttons.

-Simulated 7.1 Audio

-Good battery life.  Charge while using them.  Long USB cord.

Cons:

-Susceptible to 2.4GHz interference.  This includes WiFi devices, microwaves, cell phones, cordless phones, and just about every wireless device in your house.

-Cheap plastic.  Everything uses plastic these days, but my G930s broke due to a weak point in the plastic that should have been stronger.  Epoxy worked for gluing them back together and held just fine, but they shouldn't have broken so easily.

-Simulated 7.1 audio software is a little glitchy.  Some games (Dead Island was the worst) produce sound artifacts for those headphones.

I now use Turtle Beach Z300s.

Pros:

-Long battery life.

-Not 2.4GHz.

-Good quality.

Cons:

-No programmable buttons.

-Microphone is a little quiet for voice chat (TeamSpeak).

-Short range of about 25 feet if there are no walls between.

-Ear pads are not thick enough and the hard plastic touches my ear lobe which causes pain after a while of using them.

When I buy again, I will use a desktop microphone and wireless headphones.  I'm done with "gaming headsets" as they don't seem too concerned with producing a better product.  Companies just throw their well-known name on a product and it sells because of their reputation.  Creative Labs lost my future business because of that practice.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

I can't speak for their wireless headsets, but I can't complain about my (wired) Corsair gaming headset.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• sophiebr23sophiebr23 Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by lizardbones

I am personally a fan of the over-the-ear headsets, without noise cancellation.  It just feels weird to not be able to hear anything in the house with my back turned to it.  That said, the LG Tones work well, but while in in-ear buds aren't my favorite, I tolerate them pretty well.  My ears don't hurt.

Here is a wireless Corsair headset that gets good reviews on NewEgg, and has over a hundred reviews.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826816028

They are about in the same price range as the Logitech depending on where you buy them.  The Logitech will have more in the way of buttons and Logitech in general builds quality stuff.  It seems to me the extra buttons would go to waste though.

I can't find any information on how light the headsets are though.  I would expect the lightest headset to probably be the most comfortable.

I have a Turtle Beach wired headset, and it works well, but the wireless Turtle Beach headsets do not get great reviews.  If I do go wireless, I'll probably just get a bluetooth receiver and use my Tones.  But then I'm kind of cheap. :-)

The wireless Corsair headset looks awesome. With that said... there goes my money. thanks for the recommendation though.
  • RainGodRainGod Member Posts: 5
    I have been through over thousands (not exaggerating) and I can say that I do like Turtle Beach Headsets. They may be a bit pricey but the quality is so perfect. 
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373

I'm looking for a good gaming headset. more then likely going wireless this time if i can find something. I did a little research but only coming up with the Logitec g930.   not totally against that but would like a few more to look at and make a decision.

Any suggestions?

I have one very important suggestion.  If possible try them on.  Gaming headsets are generally worn for hours at a time and need to be comfortable.  I went through about 4 before finally finding the right one.  I went off the recommendations of others, but for some reason I didn't have the same experience as they did.   They are also fairly pricey so make sure you do your homework before purchasing a pair.