Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game Contests and User Clones

VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

I hope that when certain contests are held by this site similar to the Swordsman Online contest, that there is some consideration and possible investigation on the numerous, yet obvious user clones with 1 post who register the day they posted specifically for that contest.

if you look through that thread, you see quite a few  very brief posts by users who were registered the same day they made the post on that thread. Granted there are going to be users drawn to the contest and who register specifically for that reason which is understandable, good luck to them. My main concern are with the people who have a half dozen or more accounts who are trying to brute force win the contest.

Comments

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Originally posted by VooDoo_Papa

I hope that when certain contests are held by this site similar to the Swordsman Online contest, that there is some consideration and possible investigation on the numerous, yet obvious user clones with 1 post who register the day they posted specifically for that contest.

if you look through that thread, you see quite a few  very brief posts by users who were registered the same day they made the post on that thread. Granted there are going to be users drawn to the contest and who register specifically for that reason which is understandable, good luck to them. My main concern are with the people who have a half dozen or more accounts who are trying to brute force win the contest.

I personally go through winner candidates and exhaust all tools available to me to ensure they aren't clones.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Originally posted by VooDoo_Papa

the numerous, yet obvious user clones

DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER...

They are both numerous AND obvious

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• FoobarxFoobarx Member Posts: 451

Well they could be like some other site and charge you $6 to become a premium member just to even enter the contest.

Or, they could be like Blizzard, and require a subscription to even participate in the betas...

Not so free after all... not so free...