Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trion is encouraging botting with LP pots

JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

seriously at over 3 dollars each it would cost you almost 1200 a month just to be on a level playing field labor wise.  Trion is encouraging botting gold sellers with this idea

Love the game , hate the pay to win

I miss DAoC

Comments

• CaskioCaskio Member UncommonPosts: 339
    How do you win with more labor points?  I can't attack another player with labor points.

"If you're going to act like a noob, I'll treat you like one." -Caskio

Adventurers wear fancy pants!!!

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by Caskio
    How do you win with more labor points?  I can't attack another player with labor points.

Yeah, I can't quite figure out the mania for a level playing field with regards to labor points.  Sure people will be able to buy stuff sooner, but eventually I suppose I could build/or craft most anything given enough time.

But then I don't really play MMO's "to win"

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KaronT3KaronT3 Member CommonPosts: 9
    That is a poor excyse to make you buy potions at shops, money seekers...
  • SigrandSigrand Member UncommonPosts: 367

Honestly, I would hope that gold sellers fall hard in this game if only for the reason that the players can buy APEX and sell it for in-game gold. Why buy from a gold seller, when you can buy from the dev and get your in-game gold from that?

Also, while I don't like the idea of the labor potions, they're not going to break the game. They have a cooldown, they cost $2 each, and they don't grant too excessive an amount of labor. I'd prefer they didn't exist, but there's no way they remove them from the cash shop when I'm sure they're the most lucrative item on there.

• FoobarxFoobarx Member Posts: 451

It's the old "I want to be on top" mentality... they seem to think that in order to have fun in the game, they need to be #1.

Must hate people like Bill Gates too... he has all that money and literally does nothing to speak of labor wise and all us peons who work for a living get pittance in return for our labor.

It's a game... it's pixels... no one is getting any advantage over anyone... unless you count pixels as an advantage.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

I like to craft, everything I do costs LP. harvest a tree 5 points, cut it into lumber another 10. Mining is even worse 5 to mine a regular node and 10 for a fortuna node then another 10 to make 3 ore and stone into a ingot or brick. I burned through 1500 LP in less than a hour mining the other night.  Crafting a single piece of armor can cost hundreds at  higher levels

If you cannot see my point think about mana and health regen being cut to 25 % of the current rate, no mana or health pots ingame except those bought in cash shop. Then maybe you can see what the craters are looking at

If you just want to play the game  like WoW lite then the LP will never effect you because the gold sellers will be happy to provide you with crafted goods.

It;s a shame That they have such  deep and intriguing crafting in the game but the only ones who will be able to enjoy it are the gold sellers

I miss DAoC

• HabitualFrogStompHabitualFrogStomp Member UncommonPosts: 370
    There's like a million ways to play. Getting ahead is about defining your objective. I just want to own a house, a farm, and travel the world and go on adventures with my friends. There's always gonna be someone out there bigger and badder than you are, you just hope you put off meeting them as long as possible. So buy local, and stay fresh.
  • KaronT3KaronT3 Member CommonPosts: 9
    Nothing new here, delete this one...
    Originally posted by Sigrand

Honestly, I would hope that gold sellers fall hard in this game if only for the reason that the players can buy APEX and sell it for in-game gold. Why buy from a gold seller, when you can buy from the dev and get your in-game gold from that?

why limit LP regen to 2400 a day to keep people from maxxing their crafting in a week yet providing 12K a day in the cash shop so it can be maxxed in 4  days

BTW I am sure the botters will be flooding the message boards supporting this system since it gives them a huge boost while crippling the average player

I miss DAoC

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Yeah, the OP is right, charging for goods in shops just encourages crime. Everything should be free, then there will be no theft... image

I'm sure AA will have a massive influx of goldsellers at launch. The gamers in the western market have the highest disposable income per capita out of all the areas where the game has launched so far, and a fair slice of them seem to have no scruples about giving their cash to goldsellers. It's no coincidence that goldseller activity has rocketed in all recent AAA MMO launches in the West.

About the only way to beat the goldsellers is to remove all traces of an economy from the game, make all loot BoP and automatically give players a L50 character when they login.

Originally posted by Torvaldr

Would buying a subscription be cheaper than trying to buy labor points in cash shop? I don't necessarily like how they've setup the sub thing in the game, but that's the way it is. This game seems a lot like TOR in that regard, sub is the only way to play and have fun.

The high cost of LP pots in the game is probably more of an incentive not to use them excessively. I doubt they expect anyone to buy that many pots or they expect them to bot. Put a little thought into your premise and conclusion OP.

trust me I have put a lot of thought into it. If the game goes live with labor pots in the cash shop I  will write my 150 bucks off as a bad investment  then just go cash shop using up my package credits to buy LP pots, give them to my guild then delete my account..  Yeah I will rage quit and give qall my stuff to my guild mates

How many of you would play a game if all dropped and crafted mana  potions were removed from the game and  potions were sold in the stores then they slowed mana and hp regen where you could only kill mobs for an a hour or so a day. It is the same thing

LP post do not belong in the cash shop, they are fine in the loyalty store

I miss DAoC

• CrusadesCrusades Member Posts: 480
    This game may end up getting flamed worse than eso. Every day there is more and more negative publicity. Glad I don't feel invested due to squandering money on an alpha.
  • Acidon.NumenAcidon.Numen Member Posts: 55
    Originally posted by Jackdog
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

Would buying a subscription be cheaper than trying to buy labor points in cash shop? I don't necessarily like how they've setup the sub thing in the game, but that's the way it is. This game seems a lot like TOR in that regard, sub is the only way to play and have fun.

The high cost of LP pots in the game is probably more of an incentive not to use them excessively. I doubt they expect anyone to buy that many pots or they expect them to bot. Put a little thought into your premise and conclusion OP.

trust me I have put a lot of thought into it. If the game goes live with labor pots in the cash shop I  will write my 150 bucks off as a bad investment  then just go cash shop using up my package credits to buy LP pots, give them to my guild then delete my account..  Yeah I will rage quit and give qall my stuff to my guild mates

How many of you would play a game if all dropped and crafted mana  potions were removed from the game and  potions were sold in the stores then they slowed mana and hp regen where you could only kill mobs for an a hour or so a day. It is the same thing

LP post do not belong in the cash shop, they are fine in the loyalty store

I should say first that I have no real interest in Archeage.  So my opinion is purely based on my own experience during the beta and what I read online.

That said, I initially thought your first post in this thread was overly dramatic and wasn't a good representation of how things are.  But, over the course of the thread, I can safely say that I agree with you and your analogies are spot-on.

Even during my limited play the lack of labor points annoyed me to the point that I was wondering why they even existed.  Any other game doesn't use a slow-regen 'currency' in order to identify loot, harvest, craft, farm, etc etc.  So why does it even exist? 

I don't claim to know a great deal about the game first-hand, but I believe I know enough to understand and agree with the premise of your argument.

Please Note: I'm done arguing with unreasonable people with an agenda and/or those that fail to see logic.

Argue if you must, discount my post with anti-logic and/or Hyperbole. I won't be responding any longer.

Originally posted by Crusades
    This game may end up getting flamed worse than eso. Every day there is more and more negative publicity. Glad I don't feel invested due to squandering money on an alpha.

A week ago and I would have argued with you, but after seeing that cash shop I have to agree

I miss DAoC

• FoobarxFoobarx Member Posts: 451

That's because most everyone has already left ESO... and are in the midst of leaving Wildstar... this is the only target left in town... at least until WoD comes out.  

It's hunting season... and since school is out... they've got a lot of free time to hunt.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Originally posted by Sigrand

why limit LP regen to 2400 a day to keep people from maxxing their crafting in a week yet providing 12K a day in the cash shop so it can be maxxed in 4  days

BTW I am sure the botters will be flooding the message boards supporting this system since it gives them a huge boost while crippling the average player

labor potions have a 12 hour cd, and can be bough with loyalty tokens, its hardly that much, I ahve issues witht eh combat "fix" they did, and the recipes changes, plus trade packs

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • CrusadesCrusades Member Posts: 480
    Originally posted by Foobarx

That's because most everyone has already left ESO... and are in the midst of leaving Wildstar... this is the only target left in town... at least until WoD comes out.  

It's hunting season... and since school is out... they've got a lot of free time to hunt.

Wildstar has an excuse - it's to hardcore. WoD - for every one person that hates on WoW there are three that love it, so WoW hunting season is pointless. Archeage is a heart breaker though, we were about to get something unique, unfortunately Trion thinks we are craving uniqueness that much that we would allow ourselves to become invested in a pay to win title like Archeage. It would be different if there were other games like Archeage, but nope they got us by the balls and they know it.
  • BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482

1. this game isnt new nor differ from the AA thats being played in the other 3 countries

2. botting and hacking ran rapid in those countries too so what would make you think that trion would change anything drastic about the game..they simply cant because its not theirs ..so their hands are tied

i know alot of people WANT this game to be good n great because of what type of elements it brings together in the game including me..i had such high hopes..iv been keeping a close watch on this game for dam near 2years now and when you see them not trying to fix things in their game in other counties you coulda seen this coming a mile away..this game is what it is..another money grabing f2p korean title

trion just cant use this IP and dress it up and add / fix tons of stuff in the game just for NA / EU its not how it works..all they can do is market the hell out of it and offer insight to the devs n publishers if they choose not to do "this or that" then trion cant do "this or that"

the hacking was soo bad in korea that they had  lower lvls going around 1 shotting mobs and even pvping..just youtube it..and in these other countrys botters n hackers really not that frownd upon..so they dont care n they wont care to fix it

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

I guess the OP is new to Asian F2P MMO´s?

What the OP describes is why I loath these F2P MMO´s and wouldn´t touch them with a 10 foot pole.

ArchAge isn´t anything different than all those other Asian F2P grinders that went before it.

• BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482
    Originally posted by JeroKane

I guess the OP is new to Asian F2P MMO´s?

What the OP describes is why I loath these F2P MMO´s and wouldn´t touch them with a 10 foot pole.

ArchAge isn´t anything different than all those other Asian F2P grinders that went before it.

wrong didnt they charge like 150$ for alpha? =) thats a 1st that i know of lol

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Yeah, I can't quite figure out the mania for a level playing field with regards to labor points.  Sure people will be able to buy stuff sooner, but eventually I suppose I could build/or craft most anything given enough time.

I imagine the concern is that anyone or any group of "anyones" could out produce the average player, sell more, gain more wealth and then try to corner the market on mats or gear.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Originally posted by Sovrath

I imagine the concern is that anyone or any group of "anyones" could out produce the average player, sell more, gain more wealth and then try to corner the market on mats or gear.

Exactly, with this system gold sellers and botters have complete control over the auction house. You will out level your gear in this game and the only crafted gear will be provided courtesy of your friendly gold dealer. Average player are at the mercy of gold sellers any way it goes because of time restraints, this just turbocharges  that and not only gives the gold sellers a time advantage but multiplies it times six

I miss DAoC

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Exactly, with this system gold sellers and botters have complete control over the auction house. You will out level your gear in this game and the only crafted gear will be provided courtesy of your friendly gold dealer. Average player are at the mercy of gold sellers any way it goes because of time restraints, this just turbocharges  that and not only gives the gold sellers a time advantage but multiplies it times six

except you are discounting the hardcore players who will spend hours with multiple accounts with multiple crafting point bars (or whatever they are).

Anytime you have players buying things and having to earn virtual currency in order to do it you are going to have bots and gold sellers.

You are also going to have hardcore players with multiple accounts/characters spending a LOT of time in these games.

So even if they didn't have these potions you will still have to contend with people with more crafting points than you.

I say just play and don't worry about it. If you worry about these things all the time then you will never enjoy yourself.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SoandsosoSoandsoso Member Posts: 533

A streamer on Twitch said this about the issue.

With fishing being a big source of making money.....if you can craft the better/faster ships those who buy the pots will beat you to the better fishing spots and be able to push you off. So you will have to settle for the not so good spots till you can make the better ship yourself.

I'm not sure if weapons and armor (used for pvp) is crafted but if it is then those who buy the pots will be able to craft their pvp gear ahead of the curve vs those who cannot.

If anyone can clarify the points above please do. It is another person's opinion on the subject and would appreciate more feedback myself.

• MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643
    Actually, this game is P2P in the EU and Asia, with no cash shop.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained