Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar: Next Update, 'Sabotage', Slated for Later This Month

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Carbine Studios is ready to reveal first information about the next major WildStar content update. Called "Sabotage", the update is focused primarily on PvP action and will include mounts, airstrikes and explosives, all neatly packaged in the new PvP game mode that players can take part in starting at level 30. To give players a taste of what's to come, Carbine has released a new 'DevSpeak' to get the buzz started.

Sabotage is a new game mode that players can access starting at level 30 and takes place in a massive new 15v15 battleground arena, Daggerstone Pass. The goal of the arena is to capture and maintain hold points, which will do damage to your enemy’s base. The “Sabotage” comes into play through bombs that are randomly spawned near your base. Once picked up by a player, the bombs begin ticking down to detonation and can be used for various strategies.

Use bombs to blow up distracted enemies, get bonus damage if you blow up the bombs near the enemy’s base core; the fun is explosive! Everything you blow up adds points to your team’s total, and the team with the most points when the timer hits zero will be declared the winner. Or blow up the enemy fusion core and win immediately, if that’s your thing.

Find out more about Sabotage on the WildStar page.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• baddog66baddog66 Member UncommonPosts: 46
    sigh I wish I could play more but My 10 hours a week is so slow i get nowhere in this game.

GRIND DOES NOT EQUAL MAKING A GAME CHALLENGING!! YES I AM YELLING LOL

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    So their second update is a BG and thats it? or am I missing something?

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

I wish i could squeeze a third MMO between SWTOR and EQ.

Looks good so far though. Hopefully i will buy it in couple of months.

• Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 630
    Originally posted by baddog66
    sigh I wish I could play more but My 10 hours a week is so slow i get nowhere in this game.

I'm with you on that, same situation. Makes you wonder if you're getting your $14.99's worth.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Moodsor
    So their second update is a BG and thats it? or am I missing something?

Dev announces second update since its June release. 

MMO gamer complains about it.

#firstworldproblems

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• Acidon.NumenAcidon.Numen Member Posts: 55

Anyone else have the Beastie Boys stuck in their head now?

No?  Okay. =/

Well, I don't wanna be alone so..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE

*nudge*

Please Note: I'm done arguing with unreasonable people with an agenda and/or those that fail to see logic.

Argue if you must, discount my post with anti-logic and/or Hyperbole. I won't be responding any longer.

• Acidon.NumenAcidon.Numen Member Posts: 55
    Aaaand my previous post sent me down a trip through memory lane on youtube.  I've now found myself in the late 80's.  Lehp!

Please Note: I'm done arguing with unreasonable people with an agenda and/or those that fail to see logic.

Argue if you must, discount my post with anti-logic and/or Hyperbole. I won't be responding any longer.

• MysteryBMysteryB Member UncommonPosts: 355
    "So their second update is a BG and thats it? or am I missing something?"

This is the second update in 2 months since releasing u want a huge expansion like the ones WoW has every 2 YEARS??

Mystery Bounty

• FoobarxFoobarx Member Posts: 451
    I like pie... they didn't even have a pie.
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Good to see them on the ball with content releases, would have liked to see bug fixes/ui improvements/ combat improvements first, but I do supposed WildStar's weak point at the moment is it's PvP, so this should make a fine addition to their content line up.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Originally posted by Benbrada

I'm with you on that, same situation. Makes you wonder if you're getting your $14.99's worth.

What else costs 15 bucks for 40 hours of entertainment a month?  Oh ya, nothing.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Originally posted by MrMelGibson

What else costs 15 bucks for 40 hours of entertainment a month?  Oh ya, nothing.

No one at work will believe me when i tell them that i talk to Mel Gibson here!!

Originally posted by Volgore
    Originally posted by MrMelGibson

No one at work will believe me when i tell them that i talk to Mel Gibson here!!

I'll send you an autographed picture to prove it.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    I will return instantly when update will be released that will REMOVE 1 ACTIVE TOOLBAR LIMIT!
    Originally posted by daltanious
    I will return instantly when update will be released that will REMOVE 1 ACTIVE TOOLBAR LIMIT!

I guess we won't be seeing you back lol.

• BooksBooks Member Posts: 80

Make that a double on the autograph Gibson!

Also, send me some Dramamine so I can Wildstar.