Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] Elder Scrolls Online: The Future of ESO & Our Interview Matt Firor

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

ZeniMax Online Studios had plenty to say about The Elder Scrolls Online at this year's QuakeCon in Dallas. Seven members of the design team took nearly an hour and a half to regale the excitable crowd with enticing glimpses of the game's future, eliciting cheers and applause at the most dramatic reveals.

Read more of Jason Winter's Elder Scrolls Online: The Future of ESO & Our Interview with Matt Firor.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

new solo PvE zone, Wrothgar. (snow zone!!!)

this made me download client again- will wait for this to be released- and resub.

• Moridin82Moridin82 Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Look good
  • APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 543
    I'll play this once it goes f2p.

• CrusadesCrusades Member Posts: 480
    Awesome glad they are trying to improve the game. Now all I need to wait for is it to go free and I will download, register, and login. Keep up the good work - can't wait to see you in game - for free :-) unless you wait to long and Camelot Unchained steels your f2p thunder, if that's the case, I probably won't see you in game, unless you're playing Camelot Unchained too :-)
  • BahzBahz Member UncommonPosts: 182
    Waiting for the PVP lag to be fixed and implementation of the justice system :)
  • Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839
    Originally posted by APThug

It will go B2P before F2P dude.

• BladehawkBladehawk Member Posts: 5
    Good changes in the works. Sane people shouldn't buy MMOs within 3-6 months of launch nowadays anyways.
  • marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495
    Any mention of housing?

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
    Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by orbitxo

this made me download client again- will wait for this to be released- and resub.

new solo PvE zone?....

remind me again why should i pay a sub to play the content i like (PvE) solo?

back to Skyrim for a new playthrough.

Oh and im getting my popcorns ready for a ZoS confirmation on selling old tier gear in a cash shop. If this is true then it will be a fun spectacle. If this becomes a thing, blame Trion for starting the "low lvl gear in cash shop" thing. P2W alert.

EDIT: already confirmed its in game currency, not real money.

*slams popcorn in trash can*

• DarienTalemDarienTalem Member UncommonPosts: 14
    ZoS confirmed in Twitch chat that the comment Sage made was referring to in game currency, NOT real world money.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by DarienTalem
    ZoS confirmed in Twitch chat that the comment Sage made was referring to in game currency, NOT real world money.

good.

• odiasudaodiasuda Member UncommonPosts: 162

They reeeeeeally need to do something about stamina builds.  Everyone running around in light armour with staves isn't what I'd call diversity.   

Seems like they're doing a lot of stuff so hopefully we'll see something in the near future.

• JoeyjojoshabaduJoeyjojoshabadu Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Good. I may check it out again in another 6 months. And I'm glad they are listening to the many players like myself, who wanted more of an Elder Scrolls experience in an Elder Scrolls game (and not the current crop of blind fans who seem to actively reject even the idea that this is possible).
  • black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 258

LOL i can't believe how people are. Sage OBVIOUSLY meant in-game gold and then it's already confirmed by CMs on twitch chat live, on the spot.

When they add all these things, figure out how to make it work and release for consoles, i will buy it on PC.

They better add Thieves and DB fast also.

• templegjjtemplegjj Member Posts: 3
    No, ESO just doesn't do it for someone who wants to feel like their making an impact in the game. It's a shame that the developers don't see this. And who can blame them, they made their money, their happy, hopefully they come out with another single player game, because for this company, that's where they seem to excel.
  • kosackosac Member UncommonPosts: 206

05:15:00 starts eso

- there is nothing about selling old stuff by ZOS.. players can..

- new content will be released as "seassons" so vertical progression like wow had

• Tyr216Tyr216 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    This is just going to be one of those games that will only become adequately playable 6 to 8 months after release. Maybe even a year. I say adequately because yes, while you can log in now, the game just doesn't feel complete. It feels more like open beta that requires a monthly subscription. By this time next year, it might just be one of the best MMO's on the market but it's going to go through a ton of growing pains to get there. I'm glad they're talking about the future but I'm not ready go come back to the game until the future is here.

• tamedbeast1tamedbeast1 Member UncommonPosts: 6

Im with you on that.. im happy to hear they are going to support the people that like to roll solo in Vet levels.. thats whats going to bring me back.

• hidrohidro Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Did I read this correctly? They are getting rid of veteran levels? I hated the fact that I had to keep leveling after hitting the cap.

Console Esports?
    www.supergamebowl.com

• BeadmanBeadman Member UncommonPosts: 154
    Originally posted by hidro
    Did I read this correctly? They are getting rid of veteran levels? I hated the fact that I had to keep leveling after hitting the cap.

They are staying but they are adding champion points so that there is real progression in veteran ranks. The addition of nonvet and vetonly PvP campaigns will also help with that. They are also adding a bit to itemization, for what I hope to only be a slight increase.

There will no longer be veteran experience. This part I don't quite get. It will be normal Xperia if I understand It but then it just seems moot to me. Call it anything and it can work the same way regardless. As long as I get to constantly improve my character then I am happy.
  • ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150

SOLO PVE IN ESO WOW imagine that!  Imagine how rare it is to do something in pve that is solo in this game (boggles).  My god - when will this crap die.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    When more people have time to play 8 hours a day half of which is finding a group.

Unemployment is going down though so you might be alone for a while.

• Ides385Ides385 Member UncommonPosts: 82
    Great new content is great.
  • goemoegoemoe Member UncommonPosts: 272
    It as been a good presentation with lots of good stuff to come. And it is a lot of stuff for the first months of a MMO. There are other MMOs out there boasting what great stuff they do (only boasting, they don't) who could learn a thing or two from ZOS...
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by Allacore69
    Originally posted by APThug

It will go B2P before F2P dude.

Most likely indeed. And I'm waiting for B2P as well...