Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's terrible

NebellNebell Member UncommonPosts: 34

I tried 2 asian games this weekend. FFXIV and This, and boy, I'm not sure who's allowing these crappy asian games to come to our market.

The moment I heard my character grunt while attacking, etc, I knew this will be another copy.

Yeah, I guess that games like Age of Conan, Eve and The Secret World were created for more mature audience. This is getting ridiculous.

The only good asian MMORPG was Lineage 2 and to some extent, FFXI. The rest is a joke. I'm not even sure why are people who make these games called developers, because they sure do not develop. They are stuck in time.

Comments

• EsuarfeeeeEsuarfeeee Member UncommonPosts: 91

mute the sound effects.

and, i think you probably don't know what "developer" and "develops" really  mean in game development.

copy of what btw?

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Originally posted by Nebell

The only good asian MMORPG was Lineage 2 and to some extent, FFXI. The rest is a joke. I'm not even sure why are people who make these games called developers, because they sure do not develop. They are stuck in time.

Well, this is made by the same person that made Lineage 2.

Additionally, I'm not sure were your "stuck in time" comment figures into it as you only mentioned grunting.

Having said that, I think the reason why people like this game is because it feels like it is from an older idea of mmo gaming.

Oh, I also turned the music off as I couldn't take it.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • poefuepoefue Member Posts: 226
    So are these facts or opinions????
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710
    LOL, labeling a game "terrible" just because of sound effects? Hahahaha, that has to be the most shallow thing Ive ever heard a gamer say, no offense of course.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    I like it so far, so much to do
  • pinktailzpinktailz Member UncommonPosts: 173

Totally agree with TS, that games is pure garbage, and speaking of LA2, I never seen such a terrible optimization ever.

The only one mmo I really enjoyed for a long run was WoW, but community there nowadays just unacceptable, so meh better do another hobby for  now I guess >_>

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

"I don't like Asian games but I keep playing them even though I see every single game play video for them before I decide to download"

You gotta learn how to be a better consumer.  This has nothing to do with the game.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • DJProfKDJProfK Member Posts: 19

Thanks for your input, now, before we move on, can i have your stuff? Or you didn't play enough to have anything?

• UltorXUltorX Member UncommonPosts: 56
    I was also scared away after the first 10 levels of ArcheAge but I don't think making this thread here was a good idea.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

It's OK to not like AA, but saying it's terrible based on its combat grunts is not a valid reason.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• tmann50tmann50 Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Yes, it is a beta. The game looks pretty good to me so far...enjoying

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680

I tried 2 asian games this weekend. FFXIV and This, and boy, I'm not sure who's allowing these crappy asian games to come to our market.

The moment I heard my character grunt while attacking, etc, I knew this will be another copy.

Yeah, I guess that games like Age of Conan, Eve and The Secret World were created for more mature audience. This is getting ridiculous.

I was talking to some friends last night about the state of  mmo's these days. It just seems like all these new games coming out are crap and people thinking these games are good is testament on the genre just being bad now. Wildstar and ESO are really not that great if you really think about it. But they are new shinies and are both already losing traction with players and neither have been out 5 months. Yeah some say the mmo is evolving. They sure aren't evolving in the right diection if they can't hold players for at least a year. The reason players move from game to game is they suck. Not one of these new games have come close to the subs. wow has and never will because they just aren't that good. I bet when wod xpack comes out you will see Wildstar and ESO sub. numbers drop by alot. The same thing happened to GW2 when mist came out.  Can anyone really say they will be playing Wildstar and ESO both 15 a month sub games a year from now. I look at video's of Wildstar gameplay and just laugh at how flashy and silly it looks. I could never pay monthly for that.

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    Originally posted by tmann50
    Yes, it is a beta. The game looks pretty good to me so far...enjoying

game is 2 years old already all you see is the final product

they can fix some typos in translation only

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Ummmm, ya. This game is very good.

Joined - July 2004

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

It's....so-so. Not bad. Not good. Just....so-so.

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    These threads should just be deleted asap...

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454

And I fail to see how you can like WoW. I would never pay a sub for that game.

As far as AA.   I havent done much but character creation and game world look stellar.  From what I can see from crafting it is a bit more than the average MMO gives you.  Not sure Im sold on the combat.  The music?  I felt I was stuck in an elevator and listening to Kenny G.  That is easily remedied however,  so no big deal, I suppose.  I hope I will have time to delve more in to this game before the end of the beta.  I keep hearing how it is mediocre until lvl 30 and I do find that disappointing.  A game should be exciting from the start, but we shall see.

• BinafusBinafus Member UncommonPosts: 230

Create an account, download Glyph, install, download AA (22 Gigs), install, go through character creation, set up your keyboard the way you want it, tweak the visual settings, walk up to the first mob, hit it, your character grunts, uninstall, go log into the forums, tell everyone how bad the game is.

Watch a live feed or a video of game play next time, will save you lots of time.

• TyrianPrimeTyrianPrime Member UncommonPosts: 107

It's actually the best MMO going to be released for a long time, because it brings back people from battlegrounds and instances, and into the virtual world, MMOs were supposed to offer in the first place...

Enjoy the lack of activity in all the rest, and empty worlds with pretty graphics, and empty promises.

Fully supporting STAR CITIZEN by the Legendary Grandmaster of the Space Game Genre, Chris Roberts.For Captain Eisen's memory.....For Squadron 42...For the Space Genre....For the PC....I pledge!
    Star Citizen
    TOG Star Citizen-Join Us

• rafalex007rafalex007 Member Posts: 244

I tried 2 asian games this weekend. FFXIV and This, and boy, I'm not sure who's allowing these crappy asian games to come to our market

so u r saying people who enjoy those games can go to hell???!!!!imageimageimage

• JimyHumuHumuJimyHumuHumu Member UncommonPosts: 251
    Originally posted by drivendawn
    Originally posted by Hariken

I was talking to some friends last night about the state of  mmo's these days. It just seems like all these new games coming out are crap and people thinking these games are good is testament on the genre just being bad now. Wildstar and ESO are really not that great if you really think about it. But they are new shinies and are both already losing traction with players and neither have been out 5 months. Yeah some say the mmo is evolving. They sure aren't evolving in the right diection if they can't hold players for at least a year. The reason players move from game to game is they suck. Not one of these new games have come close to the subs. wow has and never will because they just aren't that good. I bet when wod xpack comes out you will see Wildstar and ESO sub. numbers drop by alot. The same thing happened to GW2 when mist came out.  Can anyone really say they will be playing Wildstar and ESO both 15 a month sub games a year from now. I look at video's of Wildstar gameplay and just laugh at how flashy and silly it looks. I could never pay monthly for that.

It seems like you think the only newer game that is worth a sub is WoW. That is your opinion and that is fine but out of the millions playing WoW there are millions that aren't. You seem pretty pompous with your assessments of what other people play. Oh and whats with the underlined, I'm sure there are people that do are they beneath you or something. geez

i kinda share his opinion though. not because i like wow, but mostly because 90% of newer mmos are simply rehashed wow games that release with less features compared to current wow. Not to mention how from relatively open worlds in mmos some 10 or so years ago we ended up with mmos that have 4000 loading screens, phasing and in some cases questing in so called mmo is comparable to coop quests in lets say Borderlands 2 (yes ESO im looking at you).

so its not that wow is THAT good, most people dont find newer mmos all that exciting because this genre, unlike other genres, is going backwards. Plus, most of those games are trying to outwow in ... well, wow, if that makes any sense. And so far that hasnt worked, at all. They just use big IP and newer graphics thinking that should be enough to make people switch from wow/some other older mmo to their new game but, essentially, its actually inferior game usually released with less features and zero new elements compared to older games.

the best example of how other genres moved forward would be gta series, and how it evolved from top down 2D game to what we have today. It still retains everything that made gta 1/2 great but now we have tons of other stuff to do. Lets compare that one to newest AAA mmo release where the biggest newish thing they could come up was freaking quests phasing.

New mmo releases are rarely adding anything new, while constantly removing old features... and every single time devs are like 'wtf why isnt our game selling better than wow, we have better graphics plus its different settings too' ?!?

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

Thanks for the post but we already knew this.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• NebellNebell Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Guys, calm down. I said the game is terrible. It still is.
    There are only 4 races. Classes seem boring. Fighting looks stupid.
    The sound is bad. I can't comment about content and things to do, but it can be the best game out there content wise, it's already a no for me.

The difference in MMO gamer mentality between Asian and Western market is huge.
    As much as the few people here want this game to succeed, it won't. It simply is not made for the western gamers.

But of course, fanboys of every upcoming MMO have claimed that "this is WoW killer". And every single one have failed. How many MMOs have actually succeeded at keeping a healthy player base?
    I'm no fan of WoW. My best MMO experience is from Lineage 2 days. Which frankly is similar to this game. But there is only one Lineage 2.

And no, you can't have my lvl 2 character.
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

I play a Gladiator/Paladin in FFXIV and I have yet to hear these grunts you talking about.

Did you install the Japanese voicepack or something? lol.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by JeroKane

I play a Gladiator/Paladin in FFXIV and I have yet to hear these grunts you talking about.

Did you install the Japanese voicepack or something? lol.

i doubt they ever played it tbh, the whole thing just seems like some strange trolling attempt based around nonsensical arguments image

This discussion has been closed.