Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Steam ESO forum privilege locked

Comments

• JoeyjojoshabaduJoeyjojoshabadu Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Originally posted by Soandsoso

Its funny watching people get all bent out of shape over this.

I find the various ESO controversies and forum argy-bargy considerably more fun and interesting than the actual game (in fact, this is a sentiment I've seen stated numerous times on the official forums). It's like a nerd soap opera.

• Vortex5ooVortex5oo Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by Vortex5oo

"Posting privileges: Only players who own The Elder Scrolls Online are allowed to post in this forum."

Have never seen that on Steam before. lol, not even X-Rebirth did that...

What's the issue. They don't want you creating hate posts. Move on.

Nah, no issues, just a reflection of not being able to use the steam forum. No hate posts from me dude. :) Currently got one month of subscription to ESO, so not moving on.

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329

"Posting privileges: Only players who own The Elder Scrolls Online are allowed to post in this forum."

Now I see how WW2Online will handle their Steam forums.

...but they'll still have to delete half the posts for negativity!

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    i dont see the problem there. Not owning a game is enough reason not to talk about a game. To find answers there is a search button on forums, no need to ask.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

That's Awesome!

They should do that with all games <imo>

At least you have the right to bitch about the game if it sucks on their forum and not cyber trolls sharing their personal experience with any game.

Good one Steam.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by SEANMCAD

there is a fine line between a hate post and a post just explaining why someone didnt buy the game.

Could it be that is why we have decided free speech is a good thing?

We don't care why you didn't decide to buy the game. IF you haven't played the game, then you are basing your opinion based on some assumptions you have made and why should people be interested. 

If you haven't bought the game, you can't really discuss the gameplay because you haven't played it. You also can't write "reviews" as you haven't played the game.

Forums have rules and regulations. Free speech does not trump all. For example, can you really say racist things in public? Of course, not.

I think a better solution might be to have an option is to list if the poster has bought the game. And then I would like a filter to hide all the posters who don't have the game. This should be applied to all forums :)

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• zwei2zwei2 Member Posts: 361

This should have been the case, just for about every game possible. Only allow non-buyers to read the general discussion, and possibly allow a seperate, heavily moderated sub-forum to allow these non-buyers to post VALID discussions.

I do support free speech. The problem is how posters are willing to abuse free speech towards their agenda, and even much more easily for posters to diss on concerned posters' valid discussions, just because. The last thing a poster wants to know about questing through the game is with a reply saying "THIS GAME IS A TOTAL SCAM! PONZI SCHEME! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!"

The possibility of the universe collapsing into a singularity is higher than the birth of a perfect MMORPG.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by IMPYRE

That's Awesome!

They should do that with all games

At least you have the right to bitch about the game if it sucks on their forum and not cyber trolls sharing their personal experience with any game.

Good one Steam.

It is indeed awesome in a way.  Though if they are going to do that with one game then they should do it for all of them.  Picking one major title to restrict forums is probably going to make all their possible new buyers from Steam a little suspicious as to why.  There were more games in Steam's past that could have used this restriction.  In fact, Rage, which was also a id>Bethesda>Zenimax game could have used it more due the amount of hate it got.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• ToolfanToolfan Member UncommonPosts: 80
    There's so much hate because they exist. If it were a different mmo, they would hate on that. That's every game in the mmo industry.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,954

Not content now they can't do poison posts on Steam they are going to have to come here. I can't have my fucking rant! :)

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    wow. they totally want ingore players.
  • RhazmuzRhazmuz Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Originally posted by Arskaaa

Much ignore, very indifference, such outrage

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

there is a fine line between a hate post and a post just explaining why someone didnt buy the game.

Could it be that is why we have decided free speech is a good thing?

Nobody wants to hear you whine about the game on an official forum.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    Originally posted by Arskaaa

No, they want to ignore non players.

• DeddmeatDeddmeat Member UncommonPosts: 387

It's a daft idea, many of us own ESO from when the the game launched or shortly after, so that screws over a good deal of people who can say how the game was and how it has changed. Now they will just get haters who got the game from Steam and got upset they didn't get skyrim online or they waited before playing and lost some of their 30 days.

Other games get haters but it allows vets and new players to then reply and help or explain .. Locking a forum to steam owners only is a great way to start people looking elsewhere for deals.

• OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616
    Originally posted by Azoth
    Originally posted by Wighty

The overwhelming hate for this game has an entire crusade of people who will stop at nothing to try and derail this game. I know there are haters and fanbois alike but in the case of ESO they really push the limits....

I am not sure who pissed in their cheerios, or kicked their puppy but man nothing in life is worth hating that much...

I think the core question here is why are so many people hyper pissed instead of just indiferent.

any theories?

Probably some kind of psychopathology.

but why this game more so then others is the question.

Are you suggesting that ESO got more hate then, AOC? or SWTOR? or any of the WoW expansions?, or FFIXV before it was gutted and started again?

These things always happen in cycles of disapointment.

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

• HaralinHaralin Member UncommonPosts: 148
    So how can new Player get there question about this game placed right they cannot post in the official forum and not in the Steam Forum this move will cost them more customer than the forum trolls.
  • askdabossaskdaboss Member UncommonPosts: 631

They used one of the most famous IP to have the maximum reach and a lot of the marketing/sales done for them from the get go.

Using this IP created an immense amount of expectations from players, because it is one of the best IP (if not the best) for fantasy RPG.

People didn't find the ESO game to be similar to or anywhere near as good as the previous games based on the same IP.

It backfired because the game didn't deliver a good enough experience. I will save my tears for real sad stuff, not for a "business failure".

They should keep blocking forums, deleting negative posts, and pretend people who don't find the game to their liking should have understood this was an Elder Scrolls game but without the Elder Scrolls part.

This game is literally the Jaden Smith of gaming. An untalented child using the name of his father to be popular.

• DeddmeatDeddmeat Member UncommonPosts: 387

The problem is the games varied from each other, so there was no way they could make an ESO game that didn't get the hate it did.

Skyrim had the most publicity and so i guess to many where expecting Skyrim Online, loads of us have played the earlier games, have them on Steam etc and would have liked something more along those lines.

The skill system of Morrowind, the bias you got depending on Race/Class etc .. I miss that in games, it's all to PC now, don't want to seem nasty against other races.

I say F, err screw that, let racial/class bias back into games.

I still like ESO and got a time code from Kinguin for 2 months £15 not to bad, so i'll give it another shot.

• bleakravenbleakraven Member UncommonPosts: 25

I have no idea why this game is being bullied this hard. It's not a bad game, not at all, it just isn't the Skyrim Online so many were thinking it was. It's a good MMO and a good ES game and, as an ES fan, I love it. I love being able to go to so many places, interact with other fans, roleplay and have fun. I am very happy they are adding sandboxy features like the justice system. Makes me wonder if they will add more fun systems like that.

But back to topic, I really do not understand the major hate... It's everywhere! Even if someone speaks up for ESO, they will get drowned in a million dislikes and troll comments and probably wont post again, because... who wants to deal with that crap just because they enjoy a game?

• CrusadesCrusades Member Posts: 480
    Originally posted by Wighty

The overwhelming hate for this game has an entire crusade of people who will stop at nothing to try and derail this game. I know there are haters and fanbois alike but in the case of ESO they really push the limits....

I am not sure who pissed in their cheerios, or kicked their puppy but man nothing in life is worth hating that much...

I'm going to say they are ES fans who think ESO does the ES name absolutely no justice, and well quiet frankly they are right.

• GreenthinggGreenthingg Member Posts: 23

ESO sucks.

It was hyped like no other games ever have been before.  Now it's tanking harder than Warhammer Online did (or in a similar fashion, just a guess anyways).  At least Warhammer Online had somewhat fun end game dungeons and PvP grind.  ESO has literally, no fun end game, you either grind your heart out on boring generic quests, or group grind mobs for endless hours up to max level, then you have basically, nothing to do other than PvP in a pointless 'campaign' where anyone can switch if they are losing, so it ends up 1 faction holding everything and the other factions in other campaigns.

And if you pretend the contrary, you might be in the minority of PvP players that thrives being the underdog on a faction dominated campaign, graciously delivering bodies to the meatgrind called 'zerg', but really other than self pride it serves no point, there's no greater goal, you won't be able to slow down the ennemy progression as there's no progression at all, only winners when campaigns reset (as your factions probably also owns an empty land, you're a winner too).  Everyone's a winner.  Hooray.

And I mad 'cause I regret spending close to 100$ on a piece of turd, and grinding my eyes out on VR questing before Craglorn was released.  And Vampire's bat swarm OPness, and class imbalances, and etc, etc, etc.  So many flaws, so many gamebreaking designs (like this game is SOLO all the way but why the eff is it a MMO).  Pass on it, save your money, protest with your wallet.

• GregorMcgregorGregorMcgregor Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Originally posted by Dhaenon

ESO just feels like a money grab. This disappoints me. A lot of people agree, and they hate the game and the company for doing that. EXAMPLE!

The cost of the very first mount.

WOW, 5g

Wildstar, 10g

LOTRO, 500 silver

ESO, 17,200g

OR you can upgrade to the Imperial Edition ($$$) to get a free horse. 

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm,

So wait til level 40 and you still wouldn't have had enough gold in WoW (vanilla), OR wait 2 (yes two) zones and have enough for a mount with change to spare???

Oh wait, I see it now... WoW mounts 5g, the "Waaaah! This game is to hard" prices.

So it's easy mode mounts your wanting???

As for the amount of RL cash involved, more fools blow that amount weekly on SWTOR's cash drive... opps! Shop!

I'm so glad it has a sub, it keeps the brats away AND the hate club, TBH were better off without both imo! :D

No trials. No tricks. No traps. No EU-RP server. NO THANKS!

...10% Benevolence, 90% Arrogance in my case!
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by GregorMcgregor
    Originally posted by Dhaenon

ESO just feels like a money grab. This disappoints me. A lot of people agree, and they hate the game and the company for doing that. EXAMPLE!

The cost of the very first mount.

WOW, 5g

Wildstar, 10g

LOTRO, 500 silver

ESO, 17,200g

OR you can upgrade to the Imperial Edition ($$$) to get a free horse. 

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm,

So wait til level 40 and you still wouldn't have had enough gold in WoW (vanilla), OR wait 2 (yes two) zones and have enough for a mount with change to spare???

Oh wait, I see it now... WoW mounts 5g, the "Waaaah! This game is to hard" prices.

So it's easy mode mounts your wanting???

As for the amount of RL cash involved, more fools blow that amount weekly on SWTOR's cash drive... opps! Shop!

I'm so glad it has a sub, it keeps the brats away AND the hate club, TBH were better off without both imo! :D

I think the first mount in WOW cost more like 100g lol. THis guy who listed the gold prices for mounts has no idea what he's talking about. At level 40 in WoW I still didn't have the 100g required and I think I needed to grind until mid 40s to get that much. And then as my first char was a warlock, I had to do a very long chain to get my mouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunttttt. HOnestly it was hard.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

from the very moment ESO was announced people have trolled this game with supposed "hate".

i do not blame steam one bit, heck blizzard has been doing this for years not allowing you to post on their official forums unless you are subbed.

so whats the problem? oh, it's ESO, i forgot.....by all means continue with your troll crusade.