Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best free to play games?

Boo8erBoo8er Member Posts: 23
Hi there, I am looking for free to play games that none has really heard about that I would like to try. I was wondering what in your opinion are some of the best ones out there?

Comments

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    Fallen Earth is a very fun game, really good crafting and also you can get your pvp fix. Firefall is also quite fun.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Planetside 2

Unfortunately, traditional mmos keep getting worse when it comes to F2P. I'd say wait for EverQuest Next

As for the "best" ft2 play game, Im sure most will say Rift.

"if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

Originally posted by rojoArcueid

Planetside 2

Unfortunately, traditional mmos keep getting worse when it comes to F2P. I'd say wait for EverQuest Next

If you want a shooter Planetside 2 is the best one, hands down.

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    I would say the best F2P game model would be Rift. Pretty good game lots of ways to build characters. Works well if you don't want to level up 10 different characters.
  • SimonShagrathSimonShagrath Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Try Rift, really great and stable MMORPG. If you want something with shooting, definitely try Firefall.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Rift by far is the best F2P game out at the moment. If you are into shooters, then Defiance is also very good.
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    I say Rift don't have to drop a dime to get anything you want. Unless your the type can't wait I want it now.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Tera and Rift. Or DDO if you want a CORPG.
  • KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Yeah, I gotta agree with Rift aswell. Maybe SWTOR if you're more story driven oriented?

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• skulyskuly Member UncommonPosts: 140

Last week I would of said Rift but I tried the new changes to Firefall and it looks like it has the foundation to be the best.

But population is a big factor in determining how good any online game is, so only time will tell there.

But the fact they went back to a level based system is good news for me and while I usually spend almost all my time doing pve in games the fact they brought pvp back is good news.

You have to have pvp in any online game if you want the numbers at launch.. and to keep them you need to actually have that pvp be enjoyable.

Hopefully Firefall's pvp content is good enough to bring in the pvp crowd .

I want to love Firefall it ....

has a sci-fi theme

is a shooter and an mmorpg

has a healing and tank class

has a crafting system

has open world pvp that might be good.

has a pretty good pve system

has a trading and mailing system

As far as I know Defiance only shares being sci-fi themed and and shooter mmorpg

I didn't enjoy the pve content and questing in Defiance

Defiance might have things I haven't seen or heard about, but It seems to be lacking.

Processor: Intel Core I5-2320
    Memory: 8GB DDR3 RAM
    HDD: Samsung 830 256gb SSD-SATA3
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7950 3gb

Steam:Skuly
    Warframe:Skuly1775

• harihayabusaharihayabusa Member Posts: 19
    Dota 2, hawken, 8 bit MMO, defiance, war thunder, war of the three kingdoms, planetside 2, warframe
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    I'd say go with Defiance.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    Rift, world of tanks,Hearthstone (mmo in guess?).
  • I am loving Marvel Heroes. It has a lot of similarities to Diablo 2.