Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWG PVP Vets - you can come home now.

sludgebeardsludgebeard Member RarePosts: 788

No this isnt a cheap marketing ploy by Smedly, its real. Camelot Unchained will bring back that old RPer's love of personal story-telling, with crafting a living world around you. 

Lets get some SWG luv in this one Tonight!

Comments

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Does it have a PVP flag system?

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Not sure if serious or just taking the mickey out of SOE's stupendously misleading statement regarding H1Z1 and SWG, by doing the exact same thing with Camelot Unchained image
  • Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401

Show me the mon... err... game...

Until then, you shall receive zero hype! :)

• Mud_MonsterMud_Monster Member UncommonPosts: 229
    Originally posted by Reklaw

It is a purely PvP game, so a flagging system wouldn't fit.  There are some safe areas though.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

This is what SWG special for the PvE players as well as the PvP players, you all can coexist together without fear of being ganked if you just want to mind your own business. But if your a PvE player and assist a player in PvP combat, get ready to rumble.

Today mmo put safe zones in their game, however I believe this system doesn't work as well, because even the PvE players would love to explore the game without any interaction from the rowdy bunch.

But as one poster stated, you have safe zones.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by IMPYRE

This is what SWG special for the PvE players as well as the PvP players, you all can coexist together without fear of being ganked if you just want to mind your own business. But if your a PvE player and assist a player in PvP combat, get ready to rumble.

Today mmo put safe zones in their game, however I believe this system doesn't work as well, because even the PvE players would love to explore the game without any interaction from the rowdy bunch.

Yeah the beauty is SWG to me was we all shared the same universe, there was no whining about casual/hardcore/pvp or pve, both co-existed and actually needed each other in some form.

Also liked Fallen Earth's PVP atleast the 1+ year I played from release, not sure if it has changed but it was fun

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    Originally posted by IMPYRE

Yeah the beauty is SWG to me was we all shared the same universe, there was no whining about casual/hardcore/pvp or pve, both co-existed and actually needed each other in some form.

Also liked Fallen Earth's PVP atleast the 1+ year I played from release, not sure if it has changed but it was fun

Yeah I was big into FE when it was released, it had some unique mechanics and some parts of it felt like SWG, but again, it wasn't SWG.

SWGEmu however feels good to visit here and there, but I miss my ole friends on the Chilastra Server. SWG had a great social atmosphere even in it's nge state, however it never compared to the pre-nge swg gamers.

• sludgebeardsludgebeard Member RarePosts: 788

I'm not trying to say this is identical to SWG but rather it's a healthy alternative because of the world building mixed with PVP aspects. 

SWG players will appreciate the fact that a player run economy and housing market will be mixed in with the PVP.

• LeirosLeiros Member UncommonPosts: 281
    It makes me wonder how a pure crafting class is going to go over in a PVP game... it worked out great in SWG, but that's because of the flag system... It seems like it would make getting resources extremely difficult.
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    /sign
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• dirtysidedirtyside Member UncommonPosts: 102
    when i see SWG i always think of how fun it was when a guild mate would get spotted grinding out "Jedi" and run to our City so we could protect him ......... whatever , miss those days . Hopefully this one can bring back those feelings
  • ReaperJodaReaperJoda Member UncommonPosts: 76
    They reopened pledging again?? Is this game ever going to be launched.
  • collektcollekt Member UncommonPosts: 328
    Originally posted by ReaperJoda
    They reopened pledging again?? Is this game ever going to be launched.

It's been in production for like a year.. do you realize how long it takes to create an MMO? Think before you speak kid.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    So pretty much any game that has crafting in it is the "new home for SWG vets" ?