Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The hate on steam is spreading like a wild-fire.

2»

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Mpfive

And if it was B2P or F2P the game would be glorious, this new generation of gamers make me sick, take take take...

I pay 13 euro a month which is gone in 15 mins with a round of drinks

I agree with you, ESOs problem have nothing really to do with the cost (even if I can understand people who think GW2s PvP is more bang for the buck).

Part of the problem is that they really should have beta tested it longer and without pre-order beta testers. Then they also should have listened more to the testers they had.

The phasing and how they handled VR is the real problem together with far too many lame paste and copy dungeons.They know that now but it seems it was a surprise at launch which tells us that something went wrong in the alpha and beta tests.

Adding more and better dungeons and changing VR from grinding other factions zones to new content is not that hard and in progress, the phasing is way harder to fix.

But at least they seems to work hard to fix things and I can respect that, too bad just that they didn't do it before launch. Hopefully will the steam launch wait until the game is better than currently.

But it have zero to do with the cost, a good MMO is always worth 15 bucks a month but ESO isn't there yet.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Joeyjojoshabadu
    What many of the more vision-impaired fans fail to realise is that ZOS is not your friend, benefactor or kindly aunt. They are a company and their goal is to make money. This is fine of course, but let's see them for what they are, not what they aren't. Frankly some of their decisions seem to indicate they see people as ambulatory wallets. You can't treat people that way without a backlash, and you're seeing it. Power to the people I guess, and a good thing too (too many companies have similarly myopic views of the paying public, and they're too often given a free ticket to do so by the aformentioned blind fans).

Seriously?

Landmark Founder Pack

ArcheAge Founder Pack

Allot more could be added but hopefully you get my point. Those games are in Alpha state, if you complain about them in the fashion you did here I would understand. But where is the money grab from Zenimax?

Sub-fee nope that's a BIG + for me as it keeps out certain type of people in these games. And it's no money grab if the game provides me with a fun experiance.

The Imperial Editions, could care less bought the normal edition with the 3 day headstart, firsr ever MMORPG that made me slightly pre-order that's how good the game is to me. And no it's not the MMORPG of my dreams nor is close to what I really want out of a MMORPG which is Sandbox. ESO is a Themepark and a pretty damn good one to me.

I'm not a blind fan, I just happen to enjoy the game and play what is given. To many try to play the "I Wish" game which keeps them constantly disappointed.

• JoeyjojoshabaduJoeyjojoshabadu Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Originally posted by Reklaw
    What many of the more vision-impaired fans fail to realise is that ZOS is not your friend, benefactor or kindly aunt. They are a company and their goal is to make money. This is fine of course, but let's see them for what they are, not what they aren't. Frankly some of their decisions seem to indicate they see people as ambulatory wallets. You can't treat people that way without a backlash, and you're seeing it. Power to the people I guess, and a good thing too (too many companies have similarly myopic views of the paying public, and they're too often given a free ticket to do so by the aformentioned blind fans).

Seriously?

Landmark Founder Pack

ArcheAge Founder Pack

Allot more could be added but hopefully you get my point. Those games are in Alpha state, if you complain about them in the fashion you did here I would understand. But where is the money grab from Zenimax?

Sub-fee nope that's a BIG + for me as it keeps out certain type of people in these games. And it's no money grab if the game provides me with a fun experiance.

The Imperial Editions, could care less bought the normal edition with the 3 day headstart, firsr ever MMORPG that made me slightly pre-order that's how good the game is to me. And no it's not the MMORPG of my dreams nor is close to what I really want out of a MMORPG which is Sandbox. ESO is a Themepark and a pretty damn good one to me.

I'm not a blind fan, I just happen to enjoy the game and play what is given. To many try to play the "I Wish" game which keeps them constantly disappointed.

Oh, I agree with your initial points, and SOE/Trion are prime examples of what I'm talking about. But ZOS is also part of the problem, though not for overtly charging for beta access. However, they did release the game too early and with too little polish, yet still with a high price tag and a sub model. They wouldn't have been able to get away with this at all if they weren't riding on the coat-tails of a hugely successful IP.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

Seriously?

Landmark Founder Pack

ArcheAge Founder Pack

Oh, I agree with your initial points, and SOE/Trion are prime examples of what I'm talking about. But ZOS is also part of the problem, though not for overtly charging for beta access. However, they did release the game too early and with too little polish, yet still with a high price tag and a sub model. They wouldn't have been able to get away with this at all if they weren't riding on the coat-tails of a hugely successful IP.

I see it more as a management problem.  From what the testers said and still say is that their feedback is often ignored and sometimes what they tested was different from what was released.  They were warned about a lot of the more serious bugs in advance.  Their patch notes say things are fixed yet players post they still have issues after the fix.  Perhaps they're under pressure to stick with a time-line.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• JoeyjojoshabaduJoeyjojoshabadu Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Originally posted by Octagon7711

Seriously?

Landmark Founder Pack

ArcheAge Founder Pack

I see it more as a management problem.  From what the testers said and still say is that their feedback is often ignored and sometimes what they tested was different from what was released.  They were warned about a lot of the more serious bugs in advance.  Their patch notes say things are fixed yet players post they still have issues after the fix.  Perhaps they're under pressure to stick with a time-line.

Yes, and even since release a lot of their decisions, patch implementations, etc were .. amateurish. This is to be fairly expected since this is the first game ZOS has developed. And yet, they still charge AAA box and sub price...

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    Originally posted by allday88

It boils down to one simple fact...

People suck...

Video games bring out the worst in people.  From the "master race" PC players (they should do a little research on that title), to console fanbois.  Some just can't comprehend the fact others may enjoy something they don't.  So those that can't comprehend that fact go out of their way, spend months, years bashing something they don't own or play.  And as the saying goes misery loves company.  

Oh, I think they comprehend it pretty well, but they enjoy going out of their way making others miserable by challenging their choices on all fronts.  Happens in everything in life, from politics to sports to gaming.

By the way, with posts like yours, they know they are succeeding in frustrating you, and the behavior will continue.

The good news is, no game ever failed because of the "hate" it received, otherwise WOW would have died about 8 years ago.  They succeed or fail on their own merits, nothing more.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MyownGodMyownGod Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Originally posted by mmogamerlover

Holy crap.

I kinda feel bad for it at this point i mean look at all the steam reveiws...and the discussion threads...wow.

I still think that zenimax did right to put it on steam but that hate is probably going to effect the steam sales in some way.

(Even though some people are obviously trolling/lack of info/want this to be skyrim co-op.)  

Eh, whatever. At the end of the day it really does not matter. If you like the game play it, if you dont then dont.  I will see you guys in tamriel, just wanted to point out the status of the game on steam.

Sure it does not matter, that's why you have to make this post don't you?. But at least they reduced the game price, 30$ now I feel the value is equal to the game quality.

• TyggsTyggs Member UncommonPosts: 456
    Originally posted by MyownGod
    Originally posted by mmogamerlover

Holy crap.

I kinda feel bad for it at this point i mean look at all the steam reveiws...and the discussion threads...wow.

I still think that zenimax did right to put it on steam but that hate is probably going to effect the steam sales in some way.

(Even though some people are obviously trolling/lack of info/want this to be skyrim co-op.)  

Eh, whatever. At the end of the day it really does not matter. If you like the game play it, if you dont then dont.  I will see you guys in tamriel, just wanted to point out the status of the game on steam.

Sure it does not matter, that's why you have to make this post don't you?. But at least they reduced the game price, 30$ now I feel the value is equal to the game quality.

If it was Buy to Play at that price, I would consider giving it another try. The game in its current form is not worth a Sub to me. And I am an All Access SOE Subscriber, so I'm not hard to please.

SWTOR Referral Link

Free Goodies for new or returning players.

See what it gets you Here

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

Shrug, Steam players are used to no monthly payment games for the most part. I really wouldn't put much stock into the Steam community anyway. They are just as whiny on Steam as people are on here and meta-critic etc. etc.

Their whining doesn't change my mind (since you know, we all have one of our own.) That ESO is one of the best MMO's I've ever played, I wouldn't expect a bunch of people stamping their feet and pouting on the internet to change anyone else's mind for them either.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

They should have launched B2P or F2P. Why would a Steam user pay a sub for this game? Is it really worth $15 a month just to rent access for questionable pvp? 

I'm a steam user and I pay a sub.

The way it works is a company puts out a product and announces the payment/payment plan for their product. Then if the customer feels that it's worth it to them they pay what the company asks.

If the product is not worth what the company asks then the customer ceases to pay.

It's a pretty simple concept and it's how the world works as far as products and services. Therefore "I don't see what being a steam user has to do with it".

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

Seriously?

Landmark Founder Pack

ArcheAge Founder Pack

I don't know about Landmark's Pack... but I suspect it pales in comparrison to WH40K's Eternal Crusade founder packs.

https://www.eternalcrusade.com/founder-store/40-xenos-pack

Anyone feel like spending 450$? ;)

And I believe PoE has some even more expensive packs for the diehards out there that are willing to spend the big bucks to get exclusive shinies to buff their egos with.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    TESO has half of price in steam. not hard to see where its going.
  • FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    Originally posted by Arskaaa
    TESO has half of price in steam. not hard to see where its going.

No doubt.  Scrambling to snatch any last box sales before launching the free to play model. 

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• HaralinHaralin Member UncommonPosts: 148
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

They should have launched B2P or F2P. Why would a Steam user pay a sub for this game? Is it really worth $15 a month just to rent access for questionable pvp? 

GW2 has better pvp with WvW. CU will have better traditional RvR. What does ESO have to offer for what they're asking for it?

On top of that the other Elder Scrolls games don't have a sub and offer much more substantial game play. It's not a wonder the game gets panned. Elder Scrolls fans didn't ask for DAoC with an Elder Scroll skin. People who want meaningful RvR didn't ask for a pve grind with an Elder Scrolls back drop.

This!

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    If you're going to post about feedback on Steam, it would only be right to post links or screenshots of what you're talking about, otherwise it just turns into a baity attempt at discussion. AKA it falls to arguments right away. That's why I've locked this.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.