Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dragon Age Inquisition

xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
Are you going to buy this game? I plan on it. It is the one non-mmo I definitely plan on owning. Read that one area of the game is as big as the entire Dragon Age II game. That is fantastic IMO. As well as the new class system.. Cant Wait!!

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

I've already pre-ordered my copy.

I was on the fence for a while though, after DA2's rather average quality and ME3's rather lackluster endings.

But the game looks awesome enough to make it worth the gamble.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

I already bought it.

MMMM, i Love the smell of redemption in the morning.

The game looks great, and im sure after a few hours of playing it i will forget dragon age 2 ever existed.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
    I preordered Dragon Age 2 when it was due out. This time I will wait until I see some reviews and comments before I buy this game.
  • FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Pre-ordered the special edition, looking forward to playing this.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    I don't pre order much these days, and I certainly don't preorder Bioware anymore.  Maybe it will be good, but I will wait and see....

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

I will prob end up buying it at some point.. but I hate the fact they decided to go with a skyrim inventory and skill UI even tho that was the one thing everyone hated about Skyrim...

Also at the moment I am still sinking a lot of time into Divinity:Origional Sin as its bloody awesome and with the mod support I guess I will be playing a lot longer... also we get wasteland 2 soon and I know I will be spending a ton of time playing that as well..

Think i will wait for this new dragon age to be in one of the sales.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

I don't know why anyone would preorder anything from EA or current BioWare. Wait a few weeks for reviews. Buying something you know next to nothing about just because the people selling it told you it's good is what's wrong with the gaming industry nowadays. It's what lets crap like Colonial Marines be even remotely successful.

Meanwhile, Divinity: Original Sin is out, proven to be good and made by a small studio that actually treats their customers well.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

I was on the fence for a while though, after DA2's rather average quality and ME3's rather lackluster endings.

Same here, the videos sealed the deal.  I am one of the few who thought DA2 was a fun game though.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402
    Originally posted by Scalpless

I don't know why anyone would preorder anything from EA or current BioWare. Wait a few weeks for reviews. Buying something you know next to nothing about just because the people selling it told you it's good is what's wrong with the gaming industry nowadays. It's what lets crap like Colonial Marines be even remotely successful.

Meanwhile, Divinity: Original Sin is out, proven to be good and made by a small studio that actually treats their customers well.

Divinity may be good, but its not even close to being on the same level of dragon age 2 let alone dragon age origin.

Also the playstyle is unappealing to me, they might have a witcher situation though, give them a few iterations and they will be able to play with the big dogs, but right now, today, dragon age inqusition simply looks superior to divinity.

If it plays anything like DA:O that will be enough for me.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

Same here, the videos sealed the deal.  I am one of the few who thought DA2 was a fun game though.

For me it mostly paled when compared to its predecessor, DAO. If I hadn't played the other game before, I probably would've given DA2 more credit. Still, I enjoyed it well enough. It was one of those games I actually completed (unlike 90% of my game collection where I lose interest somewhere along the way)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558

The two things that killed DA2 and ME3 (single player) for me were how crazily rushed the two games felt. But, admittedly, DA:I looks to have corrected that (rather large, to me) misstep.

So I'll watch from the sidelines to see how it does. Hopefully it ends up being good to remind BioWare that a rushed cycle is the death knell to an IP/product, no matter how well known it may be; but taking a reasonable amount of time to craft it is rewarded well.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    Originally posted by DeserttFoxx

Divinity may be good, but its not even close to being on the same level of dragon age 2

Yep, luckily for us, some effort was put in Original Sin and it doesn't consist of recycled zones, awful writing and brainless encounters that chaotically throw waves upon waves of enemies at you.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

Divinity may be good, but its not even close to being on the same level of dragon age 2

Yep, luckily for us, some effort was put in Original Sin and it doesn't consist of recycled zones, awful writing and brainless encounters that chaotically throw waves upon waves of enemies at you.

I somewhat agree with Scalpless and I'm also playing Divinity and so far loving it because its obvious so much detail went into it. If you like D&D and old style Balders Gate type of a combination of gaming...this is a good one to try, but its very slow...its not meant to be rushed and its very little hand holding.

As far as Dragon Age, from what I see I LOVE IT. The fact that it will follow in the foot steps of Skyrim and feel more open thats a HUGE plus. However, I'm not going to preorder anything until I see reviews and learn more about it. Also I cant decide for this particular title if Id prefer to lay on the couch with a PS4 on a big screen or play on my PC with everything on ultra using a keyboard and mouse. Normally I pick PC but this title may very well lend itself well to a controller and console setup.

There Is Always Hope!

• TyggsTyggs Member UncommonPosts: 456
    Originally posted by keithian

I somewhat agree with Scalpless and I'm also playing Divinity and so far loving it because its obvious so much detail went into it. If you like D&D and old style Balders Gate type of a combination of gaming...this is a good one to try, but its very slow...its not meant to be rushed and its very little handle holding.

As far as Dragon Age, from what I see I LOVE IT. The fact that it will follow in the foot steps of Skyrim and feel more open thats a HUGE plus. However, I'm not going to preorder anything until I see reviews and learn more about it. Also I cant decide for this particular title if Id prefer to lay on the couch with a PS4 on a big screen or play on my PC with everything on ultra using a keyboard and mouse. Normally I pick PC but this title may very well lend itself well to a controller and console setup.

From what I have seen, the controls appear to be native to controller, so that is the way I would go.

SWTOR Referral Link

Free Goodies for new or returning players.

See what it gets you Here

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Absolutely.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by Tyggs

I somewhat agree with Scalpless and I'm also playing Divinity and so far loving it because its obvious so much detail went into it. If you like D&D and old style Balders Gate type of a combination of gaming...this is a good one to try, but its very slow...its not meant to be rushed and its very little handle holding.

From what I have seen, the controls appear to be native to controller, so that is the way I would go.

Thats what I'm think so far too, but I just want to be sure before I preorder :-). I know some may say just play with your PC on your TV and use a console controller, but I don't like lugging everything back and forth and/or running wires all over the place :-).

PS I saw a spelling error above. I meant hand holding not handle holding :-). Corrected

There Is Always Hope!

• Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558

Thats what I'm think so far too, but I just want to be sure before I preorder :-). I know some may say just play with your PC on your TV and use a console controller, but I don't like lugging everything back and forth and/or running wires all over the place :-).

PS I saw a spelling error above. I meant hand holding not handle holding :-). Corrected

They did confirm the top view of DA:O is back and you can choose to not directly control one character anymore.

It seems they have attempted to make it comfortable no matter which way you prefer. So just preferences =)

Though it sounds like you really just want to play it from the couch :P

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Absolutely going to buy it. Bioware has yet to fail me, Dragon Age 2 was not amazing but I still liked it, also I didn't play ME3 until the extended edition so I dont know how "bad" it was before that. Bioware just seems to come up with the kind of games I really like since Baldur's Gate.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    im definitelly getting this game but not at launch. The one non mmo im mostly looking forward to is Bloodborne. Anything related to the Souls franchise is my top choice. Then Witcher and Dragon Age come afterwards.

• blackcat35blackcat35 Member Posts: 479
    I looked at the video and the video I watched was pretty good.  Problem I have with the game is that the 4E rules that dragon age is based off of is blah, and was looking at the class choices.  3 class choices with 3 specializations of each class.  The spells were also overly simpilfied based on what I saw in dragon age origins.  I might pick it up just to check it out, but I'm going to wait on metacritic reviews and wait for it to go on sale, like $30 or less.  I'm not in a rush to play this game.  I beleive pathfinder online will be a better game; maybe they will screw up that game though.

==========================
    The game is dead not, this game is good we make it and Romania Tv give it 5 goat heads, this is good rating for game.