Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just got a beta invite, is it worth downloading?

2»

Comments

• MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643

Spend a bunch of time in character creation.

Make a character I like the look of.

Enter game, hair is an entirely different color than it was in character creation.

AWESOME. Great start. Crap performance. Worth the 21GB of space it takes.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

• AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 295

Got to level 10, thanked God I didn't waste $150 on alpha, uninstalled.

This game is dumpster trash.

• RolleZRolleZ Member UncommonPosts: 42
    If you like ganking and be an a$$ this is the game for you.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

If you're interested enough to ask this, then it's probably worth checking it out.

That way you can find out for yourself whether it's worth investing in when the time comes or not. Or you can wait for the game to go live if you're only moderately interested and want a more bugfree game to try out. (My understanding is that it'll be an F2P game anyway)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Mkilbride

Enter game, hair is an entirely different color than it was in character creation.

Ugh, that sucks. Off to a great start indeed it seems. image

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    Originally posted by dandurin

It's not really "F2P".   You can't own land without patron status, and that is massive.

For someone who dabbles into the game for the first time and only wants to know if the game is to his liking, patron status (sub) is completely unnecessary. If you play to the point you know you want your house  and why you want it than you'll have to accept  it's time to give devs some money for their work on their game.

If all you want is a house straight up the bat than Sims may be the better game for you anyway.

p.s. if you have your basic social skills you can have friends and live in their house and work on their fields, without spending a penny. In time you can even get best equipment but it will probably last longer than someone who pays some money.

Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

Ugh, that sucks. Off to a great start indeed it seems. image

The game hasn't started yet. It's in closed beta atm and probably a few months away till release.

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973
    anyone have problems d/l it? It went 50% and said I dont have enough HDD space, which is funny because I have like 106gb free space.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by hallucigenocide
    Originally posted by Tyggs
    Originally posted by hallucigenocide
    i got one of those invites aswell not sure if it's legit or not.. there's no code to enter only something about a glyph O.o

If you got an Email invite, your Trion account is activated for the beta. don't need a code.

ah ok but the game's going to be f2p right? so why would i bother beta testing it unless i was genuinely interested in it? 

beta testing is all about helpnig the company find bugs and stress test their servers. IF you are not interested in the game then I guess you would not be interested in helpnig the company find bugs and stress test their servers.. so yeah maybe a bit pointless downloading it :)

• Athena_StarfireAthena_Starfire Member UncommonPosts: 213
    Just curious if anyone has found the beta / game to be enjoyable.

Depends if you find gankfests of noobs enjoyable...

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Athena_Starfire

Depends if you find gankfests of noobs enjoyable...

This does not happen in this game.. as the starting areas are totally pve quest based..

• LudwikLudwik Member UncommonPosts: 407
    The PvE is as generic and boring as it gets.

The PvP is a group gankfest, unbalanced nightmare. Think GW2 WvW with worse combat and less objectives.

Farming is good if you like that thing.

I would recommend this game to anyone looking for a graphical improvement on Farmville.
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

By far the most advanced mmo since a looong time.
    Tons of features
    Open world pvp
    Naval battles
    Solid class systems
    Awesome auction system

Way to many stuff to list, but its worth giving it a peek.
    After playing on Russian servers and now on USA servers i still havent reached that point to lose interest.....instead i cannot wait for EU launch !!

ESO lasted 3 weeks for me so go figure :P

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678

^

and i stop playing after reaching lvl 10 in this beta

combat and graphic is terrible and just feel old

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

If you like western themed MMO's you'll fit right in, unfortunately I can't stomach it.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Originally posted by saurus123
    ^and i stop playing after reaching lvl 10 in this betacombat and graphic is terrible and just feel old

Have fun in whatever mmo man.
    Not our loss lol :)

Originally posted by saurus123

^

and i stop playing after reaching lvl 10 in this beta

combat and graphic is terrible and just feel old

If  graphics is what you look for in your games I strongly suggest playing single player games.

Those will always be far ahead in the graphics and playability departments.

I personaly find graphics very unimportant when handling mmorpgs. I find art much more important for my pleasure.

Combat as well, and I can agree here it could be better in AA but to be fair it's still easily better or on pair with 90% of other mmorpgs of same type.

• SuperNickSuperNick Member UncommonPosts: 460

It's a decent enough game - nothing out of this world.

Everything feels pretty familiar and there are some very archaic systems in place (mob tagging, camping for mobs, mob stealing, generic questing etc) but other than that it's generally OK.

It hits the target they're aiming for - a F2P game that can run on very low spec PCs.