Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The hate on steam is spreading like a wild-fire.

Holy crap.

I kinda feel bad for it at this point i mean look at all the steam reveiws...and the discussion threads...wow.

I still think that zenimax did right to put it on steam but that hate is probably going to effect the steam sales in some way.

(Even though some people are obviously trolling/lack of info/want this to be skyrim co-op.)  

Eh, whatever. At the end of the day it really does not matter. If you like the game play it, if you dont then dont.  I will see you guys in tamriel, just wanted to point out the status of the game on steam.

Comments

• TheAmazingDwarfTheAmazingDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Some of the negative reviews I saw there are not correct: you get in fact 30 days of playing time when you buy the game. Tough they ask to subscribe when you register, they only start charging you after the first 30 days. Reviews and opinions should be useful and informative...

My FFXIV ARR referral code for new EU accounts: 5JPF7ZQ3
    Step into the amazing world of Eorzea! Use this reference code on a new account and we'll both get goodies for it!

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    its steam there is zero moderation there you can say what you want troll as hard as you want wish people dead etc. Of course people are going to troll the game hard there, if its not free there is backlash. All you have to do is go look at some of the games those guys play like day z and what they recommend and see what type of players they are. I highly doubt this is going to effect steam sales for the game, most games there seem to have a ton of trolls spewing off nonsense on their forums around the clock anyways.  But one good thing will come of it once people link their steam accounts with eso you will be able to see peak numbers and get a rough estimate of the population. 
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

I dont think I've ever read a single Steam review... so... /shrug

Sounds like I'm not missing much either. image

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Reading some of them and like most of the time we have people who for some reason feel the need to post outdated info.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

I dont think I've ever read a single Steam review... so... /shrug

Sounds like I'm not missing much either. image

some of the steam reviews are decent.. not for ESO but i mean other games.. of course you get trolls and haters for everything but best to ignore those and also ignore the ones that rate everything a 10 or whatever.. but there are usually a few people who take their time to review a game and give a decent overview of them..

• BailoPan15BailoPan15 Member Posts: 410
    Hah lolz the amount of negative feedback xD 
  • askdabossaskdaboss Member UncommonPosts: 631
    Originally posted by cronius77
    its steam there is zero moderation there you can say what you want troll as hard as you want wish people dead etc. Of course people are going to troll the game hard there, if its not free there is backlash. All you have to do is go look at some of the games those guys play like day z and what they recommend and see what type of players they are. I highly doubt this is going to effect steam sales for the game, most games there seem to have a ton of trolls spewing off nonsense on their forums around the clock anyways. 

Other games don't get the same amount of negative backlash... Of course the dust needs to settle, but surely that must mean something.

The Metacritic user score based on more than 500 reviews is 5.8 - that's barely above average. Surely that must mean something.

Maybe the game is simply that: above average and people are just being honest about what they think about it.

• velexievelexie Member Posts: 28
    Maybe .. just maybe .. pretty graphics can't make up for horrible gameplay? Just a thought. If a PC user wants to play a console game they will .. they don't need to pay 15 bucks a month for the priveledge:P oh snap devs :/
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

They should have launched B2P or F2P. Why would a Steam user pay a sub for this game? Is it really worth $15 a month just to rent access for questionable pvp? 

GW2 has better pvp with WvW. CU will have better traditional RvR. What does ESO have to offer for what they're asking for it?

On top of that the other Elder Scrolls games don't have a sub and offer much more substantial game play. It's not a wonder the game gets panned. Elder Scrolls fans didn't ask for DAoC with an Elder Scroll skin. People who want meaningful RvR didn't ask for a pve grind with an Elder Scrolls back drop.

Yeah it's amazing that people really do not understand the difference between a singleplayer game and a MMORPG so yeah it's no wonder we have these unexperianced people into games become disappointed.....

And don't get me wrong everyone has the right to not like or like the game, but the reasons given are pretty funny and even the so-called reviews on Steam from players only seem to talk about outdated info that makes no sense to post that info 3+ months later as if it's new news.

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

I didn't even realise there were user reviews on Steam before I saw this thread., and I've been using it for around 7 years now.

They must be pretty well hidden. Heh

• fineflufffinefluff Member RarePosts: 561
    Originally posted by Darwa

I didn't even realise there were user reviews on Steam before I saw this thread., and I've been using it for around 7 years now.

They must be pretty well hidden. Heh

They are kind of a new thing.

The negative reviews on there so far don't talk about the game itself so I don't see how anyone can take them seriously.

• DeddmeatDeddmeat Member UncommonPosts: 387

Originally posted by askdaboss

Originally posted by cronius77 its steam there is zero moderation there you can say what you want troll as hard as you want wish people dead etc. Of course people are going to troll the game hard there, if its not free there is backlash. All you have to do is go look at some of the games those guys play like day z and what they recommend and see what type of players they are. I highly doubt this is going to effect steam sales for the game, most games there seem to have a ton of trolls spewing off nonsense on their forums around the clock anyways. 
    Other games don't get the same amount of negative backlash... Of course the dust needs to settle, but surely that must mean something.

The Metacritic user score based on more than 500 reviews is 5.8 - that's barely above average. Surely that must mean something.

Maybe the game is simply that: above average and people are just being honest about what they think about it.

Are you kidding, go look at some of the posts on the EVE forum in Steam, some guys get their panties all in a twist because they decided to play a pvp game and don't have enough pve, or a seperate pve server etc

Then they try to say how much better a game that is basically based around pvp the ability to gouge your competitors money wise and scam those to stupid enough not to look at the prices bring charged .. If it had a pve server and the market fairer, no scamming etc

Then there are those who bitch about the training time, why should they sub to have to train, they'll never be able to compete against vets etc ..

• PaskePaske Member UncommonPosts: 135

Its mostly people being angry becase its not F2P.

So they bought the game, cant pay 15$ for whatever reason and now they are angry...

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Steam reviews are only slightly better than meta critic reviews.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Originally posted by dotdotdash

Oh look, a discussion thread by fanboys for fanboys where fanboys say they disagree with comments being made by normal consumers about the game the former group are currently blindly following like a religion.

Surprise, surprise?

Where did you get that from and ahev you even played ESO or just trolling? I have and left when I got to VR1 because I hated that thing. But until then it was quite a good game.

• ryvendarkryvendark Member Posts: 141
    [mod edit]

Who's blindly following here. The people disagreeing with the reviews that all complain about no 30 days free...which you do get. Or you who apparently support any negative review regardless of what it actually says or how accurate it is.

• MpfiveMpfive Member UncommonPosts: 308

And if it was B2P or F2P the game would be glorious, this new generation of gamers make me sick, take take take...

I pay 13 euro a month which is gone in 15 mins with a round of drinks

Originally posted by Mpfive

And if it was B2P or F2P the game would be glorious, this new generation of gamers make me sick, take take take...

I'm pretty sure that if the game would have been B2P or F2P everything that comes with it we still would see the same people complain about that.

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    Originally posted by Reklaw

I'm pretty sure that if the game would have been B2P or F2P everything that comes with it we still would see the same people complain about that.

Well said, I see people complain about everything on every mmo. Some have valid reasons and others just think the game should be catered to them.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• MpfiveMpfive Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Originally posted by Reklaw

Yeah I think you're right, it;s cool to hate these days I guess :(

• askdabossaskdaboss Member UncommonPosts: 631
    Originally posted by Deddmeat

Originally posted by askdaboss

Are you kidding, go look at some of the posts on the EVE forum in Steam, some guys get their panties all in a twist because they decided to play a pvp game and don't have enough pve, or a seperate pve server etc

Then they try to say how much better a game that is basically based around pvp the ability to gouge your competitors money wise and scam those to stupid enough not to look at the prices bring charged .. If it had a pve server and the market fairer, no scamming etc

Then there are those who bitch about the training time, why should they sub to have to train, they'll never be able to compete against vets etc ..

Forum threads aren't really the best place to gauge the popularity of a game... I mean 1 individual can create 50 threads, so it won't mean much. What's more, there is probably a bias towards negativity in forums as people will want to complain or report issues, but if it works they are likely to just play the game.

For what it's worth, I was talking about the metacritic reviews - where 1 person can only cast 1 vote and write 1 review. 500 is an OK number.

• SuperNickSuperNick Member UncommonPosts: 460

All MMOs do some kinda sales pitch after 3-6 months. Whether it's a discount, a free weekend or incentives to pickup the game; it's a common practice in the industry.

In light of their offer, the game has shot to top seller in the MMO category - in a day.

It can't be doing that bad, even if people are whinging.

• DeddmeatDeddmeat Member UncommonPosts: 387

Haven't ever seen meta critic so can only say what I see people posting on the forum there.

• JoeyjojoshabaduJoeyjojoshabadu Member UncommonPosts: 162
    What many of the more vision-impaired fans fail to realise is that ZOS is not your friend, benefactor or kindly aunt. They are a company and their goal is to make money. This is fine of course, but let's see them for what they are, not what they aren't. Frankly some of their decisions seem to indicate they see people as ambulatory wallets. You can't treat people that way without a backlash, and you're seeing it. Power to the people I guess, and a good thing too (too many companies have similarly myopic views of the paying public, and they're too often given a free ticket to do so by the aformentioned blind fans).
  • PoachinatorPoachinator Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Spreading like wildfire all 11 total reviews.
This discussion has been closed.