Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] WildStar: 5 Things to Do at 50

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

What do you do when you reach level cap in an MMO? While some leave you stranded in a content desert, WildStar floods you with a huge range of options. In this week’s column, Gareth Harmer goes through his top 5 picks on what to do at level 50.

Read more of Gareth Harmer's WildStar: 5 Things to Do at 50.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

Id wait for #5: becoming a Gladiator.

until the big pvp changes come. 

ats all ill say not gonna troll on the forums about  it. they are fixing it.

Vet Adventure are a bit more 'fair' now- so one can actually enjoy them -those are fun!

• KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    Got level cap under 1 week, spent more one week carebearing and then, left without any chance of returning.
  • BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Lol you know how to waste your own money don't you ^^

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

I know how to waste my money as well :p  Sadly I never made it to 50 , I got to level 18 and could not stomach this game , I just found the world to be so boring. I was looking forward to some good challenging raiding , but just couldn't do it. 

I should know better then to buy a game in an already built world, I would prefer to play a game where the world gets built by the players.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

Mmm. I certainly hope this list gets longer as they release more content. I dunno if focusing on PvP in the next big content drop is such a good idea as weak and under populated as Wildstar PvP is. I think most of the fans/players would much rather see the addition of a lot more dungeons and raids. The game was supposed to be the king of PvE raiding, and so far it's not even close to the top 10 for raiding games. They really should of worked on more content before release imo, but I'd say still fixing all the bugs with the ui/combat/fps issues is a top priority as well.

They have their work cut out for them, good luck out there Carbine!

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

Originally posted by Aeonblades

so far it's not even close to the top 10 for raiding games. They really should of worked on more content before release imo, but I'd say still fixing all the bugs with the ui/combat/fps issues is a top priority as well.

ok- not sure if youve even remotely have played this game- but to get to ' raiding' it takes ALOT!!!! of tasks within the game.  so im like sure  1% have reached endgame raiding and those are uber guilds who have played in beta.

before you talk about raiding and endgame content -do your research or at least play the game -which from the sounds of -you havent.

i believe carbine is taking the game issues in priority order- nobody that is playing thsi game regularly are asking for new raids or more endgame pve content...yet.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Since everybody is working towards the first raid, I doubt anyone is looking for more raiding content, so no idea where this top 10 thing was made up from. Since virtually no-one is looking for more raids, and many Pvers enjoy battlegrounds, pvp makes perfect sense for a dev pass. More 5 man dungeons would be nice however.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

Originally posted by orbitxo

so far it's not even close to the top 10 for raiding games. They really should of worked on more content before release imo, but I'd say still fixing all the bugs with the ui/combat/fps issues is a top priority as well.

ok- not sure if youve even remotely have played this game- but to get to ' raiding' it takes ALOT!!!! of tasks within the game.  so im like sure  1% have reached endgame raiding and those are uber guilds who have played in beta.

before you talk about raiding and endgame content -do your research or at least play the game -which from the sounds of -you havent.

i believe carbine is taking the game issues in priority order- nobody that is playing thsi game regularly are asking for new raids or more endgame pve content...yet.

You misunderstand, I'm not complaining about the content itself which is strong, there just isn't enough of it. There aren't enough dungeons in game, and if they think 2 raids are going to satisfy their end game needs in a few months, I don't think it will.

This is more of a future warning for Carbine, instead of focusing on PvP which is the weakest part of WildStar, they should focus on adding more content in the future.

• GazimoffGazimoff Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 225

You misunderstand, I'm not complaining about the content itself which is strong, there just isn't enough of it. There aren't enough dungeons in game, and if they think 2 raids are going to satisfy their end game needs in a few months, I don't think it will.

This is more of a future warning for Carbine, instead of focusing on PvP which is the weakest part of WildStar, they should focus on adding more content in the future.

It's a good thing then that they're testing another 5-man dungeon and 20-player raid on the PTR at the moment ;)

Player of games, smither of words, former of opinions, and masher of keys. WildStar Columnist
    Currently playing: WildStar, Guild Wars 2, EVE Online, Vain Glory.
    haha was ready to say abt the PTR. thanks Gaz!

but also a new adventure as well....

and if you look at the map currently there are undiscovered zones!- shhhhhh!

Originally posted by Gazimoff

It's a good thing then that they're testing another 5-man dungeon and 20-player raid on the PTR at the moment ;)

Agreed.

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    haha was ready to say abt the PTR. thanks Gaz!

but also a new adventure as well....

and if you look at the map currently there are undiscovered zones!- shhhhhh!

Does that include the one just south of Illium?   I'm sick of dying trying to get into that place and would like to see what it's fledged to be since they replaced the giant bubble with the rockwall that currently blocks the way.

• firestorms12firestorms12 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    How the heck did you get to level cap in a week? Wildstar doesn't have the super fast leveling of other mmos
  • toombsdatoombsda Member UncommonPosts: 12

"which involve scouring the planet with a fine toothcomb"

It's fine-toothed comb.....  A comb with small, close-set teeth which is used to remove foreign matter from the hair.  A fine toothcomb would be a fancy comb for your teeth.

• GazimoffGazimoff Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 225
    Originally posted by toombsda

"which involve scouring the planet with a fine toothcomb"

It's fine-toothed comb.....  A comb with small, close-set teeth which is used to remove foreign matter from the hair.  A fine toothcomb would be a fancy comb for your teeth.

But how would I ensure that the parting of the plaque on my pearly whites is perfect? Just because dentistry is in the dark ages, that's no reason to disregard the distinguished art of enriching enamel with elegant styling.

Or perhaps your pride might be perturbed by a puerile poke at your pedantry, which is probably a plus.

Player of games, smither of words, former of opinions, and masher of keys. WildStar Columnist
    Currently playing: WildStar, Guild Wars 2, EVE Online, Vain Glory.
  • JeyhuJeyhu Member UncommonPosts: 90
    Originally posted by Prenho3
    Got level cap under 1 week, spent more one week carebearing and then, left without any chance of returning.

Guess what douche, you're going to do that again in the next MMO and again in the next.  I think it's a personal problem not the game.  I love you gamer types, stupid idiots basically burn through everything and then leave.  You really love to waste money don't you?

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

This article is funny because the endgame is bleh :P

It needs fleshing out and fixing. May come back sometime in the future.

• SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795
    Originally posted by Gazimoff

Agreed.

Agreed too.

They just need to deliver new content with the same pace and quality as they did in Drop 1. Next Drop is in a few days with many new additions and fixes and its mostly a PvP patch.

Imho they are doing a great job until now.

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933

The only viable end game activity in WS is raiding. And for this you ABSOLUTELY need a good, organized guild. It's the only way to go somewhere in this game. PvP is extremely underwhelming and i don't think this can change no matter how many BG's they add. It's not an issue of quantity. 

WS screams "PvE" from miles away, players interested only in serious PvP should look elsewhere imho.

Thing #3 Beat Protostar. I wonder if mister Harmer has actually used the AH. If he did and still thinks that he can trade smart and make platinum out of it then i would appreciate a "how to" post.

• bluskrenebluskrene Member CommonPosts: 2
    Play those dungeons first then come back and post.