Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Elder Scrolls Online: Is ESO Worth Buying?

Comments

• fronny69fronny69 Member UncommonPosts: 4

I don't comment on posts that revolve around questions like "is it worth buying or not" or "is it dying or not" but in this case I just wanted to leave a quick testimonial regarding The Elder Scrolls Online.

I'm not a hardcore gamer,  I play casually due to work and other day to day activities. So with that in mind, I am not a fanboy of any games out there, I just enjoy playing the games that provide me with a certain level of fun in the free time I have. And I personally think this game does just that. From the unbelievable visuals to the amazing sound fx and score, this is probably the best looking and sounding mmorpg from the ones I've seen so far. It is just beautiful. Gameplay is very fun, and I like the combat mechanics... it may be simple (dodging, defending, interrupting etc) but to me it feels engaging. In terms of content, and I'm only level 23 so I can't discuss endgame stuff,  the game can be dificult sometimes, but not that much, personally I think  it tests the casual player's skill level with decent challenges; it might be easy for hardcore gamers though. The storyline is great, I watch everything and listen to every dialog and try to understand what led me to that point in time and what could happen next.

In relation to equipment, armors look really nice, but weapons could be better... I mean all my bows look the same (so far), but the general art style and landscapes provide an amazing sense of immersion. Leveling is not a grindfest and it  feels like it scales proportinally in terms of exp and time. So it is not bad.  You can level solely by questing and killing some extra mobs along the way, and that makes you actually enjoy your character's progression. There are a few bugs here and there with some quests and the famous "unkown error ocurred" message that many players get. But the content so far seems to be ok. Customer support has also been ok so far (I contacted them twice and got a reply in about 20 minutes) I have read some complaints about it as well though, but I guess if you're polite and patient, you'll have your issue sorted.

I haven't done much pvp, but it seems fun and dynamic. You can play solo, or in small groups or take part in sieges and also quest in open pvp territory as well... looking forward to that.

Finally, you do need a good graphics card to fully enjoy the game in high settings, so that is something to consider as well.

That's it, this was just my honest personal opinion on a few things related to The Elder Scrolls Online. As you've probably noticed, it wasn't an expert's review or anything like that since I don't consider myself one. And Just like many people out there, I read tons of comments and reviews and watched many videos before buying the game. Some saying/showing good stuff and others destroying it completely. They all seemed a little too extreme both ways... so I decided to try it out for myself, and just play it without comparing it to anything else.

My conclusion so far is if you can afford it buy it, it is a very good game for casual players that want to play something online that looks amazing, plays well and have a decent amount of players. It is not in any way dying... I always see lots of people running around no matter where I am, so that says something about the game's population.

I do understand this game is not for the extremely hardcore people out there and it won't please everyone, but in my case, I decided to give it an honest chance and I'm really enjoying it so far. Maybe you will too... Hope this helped!

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    The game is pretty bland. I'd wait a while for more content, as well as improved end-game as is in the works. The new dye system looks pretty cool, though (my sub expired so not gonna be checking into it.)
  • goemoegoemoe Member UncommonPosts: 272

Is the game worth buying? YES

Is the game for everyone? NO

Is the game for people who skip quest texts to get to the endgame quick? NO

Is the game for people who love a good story? YES

Is the game for people who like exploring a game world (really exploring, not only for achievements)? YES

Is the game for people who love to craft in a MMO? YES

Is the game for people who enjoy freedom in shaping their characters? YES

We had this before, yes, but it is vital. ESO is not WoW. If you love WoW there is a good chance, you won't like ESO. Personally I can't stand WoW (never did) and I really enjoy ESO (as I did with several other MMOs like EQ2, Lotro, GW2 etc.)

Go figure.

• rafalex007rafalex007 Member Posts: 244
    Originally posted by goemoe

Is the game for people who like exploring a game world (really exploring, not only for achievements)? YES

We had this before, yes, but it is vital. ESO is not WoW. If you love WoW there is a good chance, you won't like ESO. Personally I can't stand WoW (never did) and I really enjoy ESO (as I did with several other MMOs like EQ2, Lotro, GW2 etc.)

Go figure.

Are u saying that people have different tastes and its not necessary to like one game????? on this site?????? Are $$$$$$ imageimageimageimageimageimage

/sarcasm ( great post by the way)

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by Telondariel

It kills me to hear the same people bleating on and on about how X game isn't worth it..unless it goes FTP.  Apparently at that point, there is a magical transition that turns the game, the company, and it's players from being flame-worthy into an experience they want to partake of and support.  /eyeroll   There is plenty of pub-par, Cash Shop-centric, wallet-digging FTP trash out there.  Please go find one and stop squabbling that one more thing in life isn't being given to you for free.

As to the OP, I find myself in the position of observing and waiting.  I'd like to see the Imperial City opened up, as I was always a huge fan of Darkness Falls.  I am also allowing the game to mature for a bit more.  It's new, and there are still some growing pains that need to be worked out.  I see myself playing ESO, just not right now.

So you whine about people who whine about the game isn't worth what it cost mthnly, and yet you are not currently playing the game and paying Xenimax money either...

Lots of creditability in that opinion right there, lol

• JeminaiJeminai Member UncommonPosts: 151

yes it is.

but perhaps my perception of value for money is off as i dont really worry about it.

as usual its all based on personal pref and taste. out and out hate from above posts is only the sharing of each person's views (fair to say most spat the dummy at the first thing they didnt like and moved on). and the haters ALWAYS post more than the players when they have decided to condemn something. take a look at gameplay yourself. only you can decide.

but since only haters and a few fans and even fewer people actually deciding if or if not to buy the game dwell here, all posts and even reviews are pointless.

• machajasmachajas Member UncommonPosts: 47

4 months and they just announce the revamp of veteran content, when it was boring and made no sense since launch. Bugs aside, I enjoyed the ride 1-50, the quests were cool, the storyline missions weren't just slaughter (more the opposite) and there was some progress in character as well.

VR1+: doing other faction's quests which you probably don't care about, you need to complete whole 1,5 zone to get to next VR and no new skills really open up and in the end, you are just bored. Yet you have to trek through this mud to be able to do Craglorn.

Then you find out that VR10 gear is missing textures or is just plain ugly, let alone there are only few set bonuses that actually help.

It might be good buy after the VR1+ content is revamped, as it is now, it's not.

Born from blood,
    trained to kill,
    ready to die,
    but never will!

• JoeyjojoshabaduJoeyjojoshabadu Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Originally posted by goemoe

Disagree.

Agree.

Agree.

Disagree. The story was well written in parts, terribly written in others (and often hackneyed and boring). Overall it's OK but not great.

Strongly disagree. Exploring is limited with level-set quest chains and zones, and considerably inferior the single player games. Note that this is a very common observation, so not just this reporters opinion.

Semi-agree. Crafting was OK. Nothing groundbreaking. The big problem is most of the specs you could apply to an item were mostly useless, and this was particularly compounded by the poor item and class balance in the game.

Strongly disagree. Again, close to broken class balances. But even if the class balance wasn't poorly done, the ability to shape your char is, again, considerably inferior to the single player games, and on-par with many MMO's.

Agree.

Perhaps. I'd say if you're willing to overlook the fairly considerable flaws (some of which I've mentioned above), you may enjoy ESO. It's an average MMO that gets a few things fairly right and a few fairly wrong.

Go figure.

Indeed.

• ghaianaghaiana Member UncommonPosts: 106

I am sometimes happy that not every game is for everyone. I like this game, it's a nice game to play with my husband at a casual pace. Although we started this game at headstart, we're still leveling. I love the storytelling, but you can only experience the storytelling when you don't skip the conversations. Surely this game has some drawbacks,  there is no auction house and I don't particularly like crafting. Fishing is a complete useless profession in this game. The views are great though, you can really explore and not every detail of this game reveals itself with a questmarker.

I do play Wildstar on the other hand, which is funny and fast paced. For me 2014 at least had a few nice games in store.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,824

You only have to see the players online and be in a guild to know it is worth buying. The content locusts have moved on, thank the divines, but they still find time to post against TESO. When will the MMO community learn you can never please a locust?

Oh and do I need to learn how to use my red colouring pencil as well? :)

• OlgarkOlgark Member UncommonPosts: 342

I play the game and  enjoy it a lot, the only major bug I had has been fixed and doesn't cause and issue now.

Just started the veteran pve side of things and I can safely say I still have that alliance pride as some of my choices in the quests are not that beneficial to the enemy alliance. I RP my characters and the choices I make in the game are tainted by their own persona.

Going onto RP'ing I know of the EU server in the Ebonheart we have a strong RP community and its growing by the day.

The game world is open to explore and I have seen low level players riding through level 40-50 areas just exploring the game world.

If you are looking for good pvp in a open arena where you can make your mark, and you like exploring and learning about the world you game in with a strong community spirit then ESO is for you. If you are looking for that next raid then stick with WoW or Wildstar.

• JoeyjojoshabaduJoeyjojoshabadu Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Originally posted by Scot

You only have to see the players online and be in a guild to know it is worth buying. The content locusts have moved on, thank the divines, but they still find time to post against TESO. When will the MMO community learn you can never please a locust?

Oh and do I need to learn how to use my red colouring pencil as well? :)

It's easier to marginalise a fairly stated viewpoint using negative labels, rather than a thoughtful rebuttal. Fairly typical behaviour though, unfortunately.

BTW, I think crayon would be more your style. :-)

• bobidobibobidobi Member Posts: 4

For those who don't like to read much - Absolutely NO, do not spend your money on that game.

I am veteran player in ESO since January. I reached VR12, I played in Cyrodill, I played veteran dungeons, I was crafter, so I tried pretty much everything out there. The game has major gameplay flaws, terrible social and trading mechanics, lack of fun and socialization in the PvP.

The only good thing in the game was going through the PvE content from level 1 to level 50. The veteran content is nightmare - slow progression, repetitive play, terrible and boring.

The interface, social mechanics and trade are the worst I have seen in all MMOs I have played in the past 15 years, just to list the more popular ones - EQ, AoC, EVE, Tabula Rasa, EQ2, Ultima Online, GW 1 and 2, Rift, Neverwinter, WoW and so on

I canceled my account and stopped playing for good.

• MisunneMisunne Member Posts: 3
    I would say YES. Ive never been a huge tES-fan, but I'm a casual gamer who quit wow because everyone were so obsessed with being the best. I feel in ESO That you can just chill around gathering herbs and stuff and enjoy what the game has to offer (i havent tried the end-game yet tho). A bit expensive yes, but if I think of a 'normal' game, I would probalbly not play it for more than a month anyways.
  • lorddarceklorddarcek Member UncommonPosts: 5

The problem is you keep comparing  ESO to other mmos like wildstar or WOW...

ESO isnt an mmo in my eye,yes it has MMO elements in it,all fail in that espect.

Eso is simply another elder scroll game with enhance multiplayer features unlike its 

predecessors.

Thats what is needed to be explained to new players and not commparing to other mmo who work on diffrent conecepts all togther.

As a single player with multiplayer function I found ESO to be amazing,as the other elder scroll games.

I finished it in period of a month and half(cant finish an mmo right? this one you can) did all the quests available was fun ty and good bye till some new expansions new zones with new quests come on.

• greatskysgreatskys Member UncommonPosts: 451

As a buy to play game it would be well worth it . But it wasn't worth a subscription to me . Not that I can't afford one but I just feel its too constrictive because there are other mmos and single player games I enjoy playing and its about value for money and the time I would be willing to put into a game . For me to subscribe again it would have to be a game that really drags me in and immerses me to the point I wouldn't want to play other mmos  . While TESO is ok its not special enough for me want to subscribe to it on a monthly basis . 

Now if it was a bit more competitvely priced say 7.50 they may still be getting a subscription out of me . Even if I didn't have the time to play it for more than an few hours a week I would still feel I was getting value for my money at a lower subscription rate . 

As it is  I think it will probably switch to free to play in its second year . (hopefully buy to play)

• KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921

If you are going to do a compare and contrast review, then you have to actually list positives and negatives and hold both games up to the same standard.   I am not a wow fan by any means but when you say "Wow bosses have millions of hit points" and implicate that this is to simply inflate the time required to kill them, you also have to point out that wow allows players to do over a million damage in 1 hit.

Also if your talking about using time sinks as a content pad, you really should mention how pointless Veteran Ranks are.  You should also mention the lack of QOL stuff in Teso.

If you want to sell TESO emphasise the world, the exploration dont try and sell the story (which is meh and both SWTOR and TSW have this game beaten on).  If you want to sell TESO emphasise the crafting, or the immersion.   

Potential doesnt sell a game today, potential sells a game next year, Teso has some stuff going for it but this review just comes across as a "waah dont play wow play my game" pitch and does little other than sound like a bad Billy Mayes advert.

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588

No amount of paid journalist reviews will save your ESO, Zenimax. Stop trying.

Your game isn't worth buying, and you know it.

The fact that there are articles like this proves it.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• ojustabooojustaboo Member UncommonPosts: 65

I read some of these comments and am convinced that most of the negative ones are by those who haven't played the game in the past month (and probably not past the first included month). It seems trendy to doom and gloom ESO just because it isn't another WoW, sure it didn't appeal to everyone, my guild has had 3 players stop playing as it wasn't for them and another 5 start and has loads of players on each night, no one thinking of quitting.

I returned earlier this month and was killed almost immediately after logging in on two separate occasions by invisible mobs.  

Probably some sort of lag problem whether at your end or Zenimax, I personally have never encountered this or do I recall reading about it on the OF

You don't take a great IP and try to make it something it isn't. SRPG does not translate into MMORPG unless that MMORPG is focused on what the SRPG was, and it wasn't a chopped up world nor was it a closed off class based system. They should have let Bethesda make a multi-player game instead of creating a new studio under a guy that made one MMO. By doing that you would have an actual TES game that had more than a title to attract players and a few names of people and places to make them "think" they were playing a TES game.

I would say that if you are a hardcore elder scroll fan then avoid this game

If you love Elder Scrolls - ESO will feel like a rip off to you

While it didn't turn out like many TES fans expected, many other TES fans including a lot in my guild, myself included (TES fan since Morrowind) think they did an awesome job and it very much feels like a TES game to me.

As to the OP, I find myself in the position of observing and waiting.  I'd like to see the Imperial City opened up

To quote Paul Sage, ESO creative director on July 11th, from the Off the Record video where he did a big Q and A at Quest Gaming Network (all other of his quotes below come from the same place), full (very long) video can be found at

Paul: Right now our PvP experts are working on Imperial City, I don't think that's a big secret, we've talked about it a little bit and that's this big dungeon where you have to win ownership of that area.

Stating that no game is bug free does not mean that the SEVERITY of the bugs don't make quite a bit of difference.  While complete testing is impossible and every piece of software in the world has bugs...having several, beta-discovered, "show stopper" bugs (like multiple duping bugs) is just really not acceptable for a pay in & sub game

In a perfect world I would agree with you, fact is if we want MMOs, we have to accept most will launch with problems.  That said, I think they released ESO a month early with far too many bugs, but the game now is like a completely different game. I've taken an alt through the same area as I initially took my main, and cant remember the last game breaking bug I found.  My main didn't encounter many bugs and no game breaking ones in DC after the first month either.

No - games is pretty busted

Most current players would strongly disagree with you. The only major problem in the past few weeks was a FPS problem that was mainly in PvP but also elsewhere and as another poster said, was completely fixed.

In its current state, and the fact that the European servers aren't in Europe, it is unplayable for the most part(Except PVE obviously). PVP is broken, and unbalanced too nevermind the screen freezes they do not tell you about

My guilds in the EU and many of us are in PvP every night, Sure it would be great when they get the server to the EU but apart from the big FPS problem that took them far too long to fix, we find it perfectly playable.  I wouldn't say it's broken at all, some of us had to relog a few times when the FPS problem was there, but as said, that is fixed.

Sure there's still a bit of balancing to do but no where near as bad as you imply (well we haven't seen that), There's a few exploits that need fixing, but even those we are having great fun obliterating people trying to take advantage of them :)

As for moving the server, Zenimax said in their road ahead 8th July

"We’re getting closer and closer to being able to announce a specific date for the migration of the EU Megaserver to our Frankfurt data center. As I type this, it looks like the move will happen during either the last week of July or the first week of August. This is obviously a delicate operation, and we have to make sure that everything is up and running and that all character data is transferred successfully. We are taking the time to do it right."

The game is great but after awhile the lag in Pvp will finally get on your last nerve. If you have a large group of 5 or more every time someone joins your group you lag for 3-6 secs when you engage in battle Lag. After like a month+ playing it I just said I quit I can work with this lag

We haven't seen any lag since the FPS was fixed, last night our group of 18 experienced no lag and we took part in some huge battles. I've never seen the particular problem you describe, could it be some addon that's causing a conflict?

The only lag problem we currently have is when swapping weapons and even thats being addressed.

To quote Paul Sage talking about the next 1.3 update:

"One of the things we did recently was weapon switching which I know was in the patch 1.3 notes. We cache now what we call the character atlas with both weapons in. Because before when you weapon swapped it would have to rebuild your entire character atlas for that new weapon, and now we predict what you are going to do by the weapons you have in those slots and it makes for a more immediate weapon swapping so that that feels better."

Their whole idea with end game with the Veteran Rank system, so you can play the other 2 factions....is totally ************** BORING LAME EXCUSE FOR AN END GAME TIME SINK CONTENT! Sorry, I really had to get it out there. Veteran Ranks, for me, is one of the lamest things TESO has to offer.

I was loving the game for a while.  Didn't mind the pre-order cost, or the sub fee.  I am a slow leveler so I was only in my mid-30's when some school/life related things took away all my playing time.  So I unsubbed.  I would have kept it going, but I really was turned off (as were many people) by the veteran rank system and the PvE endgame in general.  I had no desire to reach max level just to be forced into another 200 hours of questing.

To quote Paul Sage:

The point comes when you have to talk frankly and openly and engage the community with what they are seeing

Our hope for the veteran rank system when it was first put out was that there was a system that you would gain veteran ranks and it would be a way for us to gate items so that there would always be a fun item chase, fun item rewards etc but also behind the scenes when we originally designed it, we had a thing called seasons so that a season ends and you would start either new levels or a new veteran rank season, starting at 1 again

But that whole system simply didn't have enough rewards in the cycle for what we really wanted to do, there wasn't enough of a moment to moment reward.There's nothing that's a predictable "This is what I'm working towards"

Thats not what we really wanted out of the system

One of the other things when we're talking to players and getting their feedback, there's this divide of what is challenging and what is difficult.

For some people there's a level of challenge that they really enjoy, to use another game, those people that love Dark Souls or Dark Souls 2, and there's a level of challenge that a lot of people really like.

Now there's a large number of people who don't really like that level of challenge and that level of difficulty, and so what we looked at was from a 1 - 50 experience, that ramp up in difficulty just kind of hits you really hard, so what we said is we have a lot in the game where we have difficulty , trials and other things,

For those people who went through the 1 - 50 experience we've really got to make sure that when they get to Veteran, the alternate Alliance zones, they are still in a mode where they are having fun.

So we're going in and looking very honestly at the veteran content and there;s a lot of things falling short of what we really wanted to do.And so we're going through these phases and we are systematically addressing those things. So the first phase we have already done and that was to lower the difficulty a bit.

It wasn't to dumb everything down, it was to make sure the experience was more consistent and players felt like they could do it, because if your trying to get people to group in those later zones and people are like "I just don't want to group" they still want that same experience.

We had to be very conscientious about that, we understand some people felt we just took away the challenge they liked, but we have something for them, and in the future we have something for them that is really going to make them happy.

And secondarily what we are looking at is, when your talking about veteran system, your looking at veteran points, and a lot of people are like "Whats a veteran point, why not just use experience" and we thought, yes, why not just use experience so we are getting to the point where we are going to start introducing the way you go through veteran ranks is to gain experience and all this is laying the framework and groundwork for this new system coming in as a replacement

The champion system which is whats going to replace the vet system is going to be a system whereby your constantly adding points to certain passives, your going to increase your characters viability

Lets say you want to increase your critical hit or spell defence or something , you'll add percentage that will increase those ratings.

That means your improving your character persistently in a way that you really like, it will be a system that will be sensible enough that it goes on for years, but is rewarding enough that you will want to keep investing in those points

Further more it will be account wide so once you opened up the champion rank, once you've hit 50 you'll be able to take those points and apply them to your other characters. If you put points into one character, those points are still available for another character (at level 50).

And there will be a built in respec and that respec will be straight forward and easy to get.

We want this to be an experimental system as in the players can experiment with it and its a lot of fun

So that's the goal, to have a vet system where people are constantly rewarded

Our goal is to have a cadence system where if your out not doing anything special, it will be about an hour you will have to put in and you'll get one of these points.

Thats kind of what this systems about, there's more to do with itemization as well, but I'll get into that later.

It's really hard to predict these things, I don't want to make any guarantees, I would expect phase 2 to come in around update 4, it's hard to know, you have to get all these things tested

PvP will earn XP at a better rate, we want people to play how they want to play. I want to make sure that when your out there PvPing your still getting gains on this system. I know there's going to be some questions about can people farm this a little bit easier in PvP, and that was one of the big things, but we've got some measures that should make it a little harder to farm and we just want those people who are going to play PvP normally to get experience at a really good rate

Interviewer: So at level 10, I can go into PvP and level all the way without ever doing any of the story?

Paul: Absolutely, if that's what you want to do.

Converting Vet XP to normal XP:

One of the things we are looking at is, say you have half a vet level, how does that translate exactly, we will try to be as fair as possible, some people might feel like they loose a little, some people might think they gain a little

Interviewer: Whats going to happen to gear thats above level 50 the vet rank gear, how are people going to obtain that gear or is it all being set to 50?

Paul: When we take away Veteran points, that's not going to take away veteran ranks, its just that veteran points are being associated with normal experience now, so you will gain veteran ranks through experience, it wont affect the itemisation.

If I may, I saw some questions going by in the chat there and one was "How are we going to handle gear in the champion system".

One of the things and again this isn't set in stone but its one of the things we are looking at which is to have more of gear that is introduced by seasons where there's no level requirement at all

For example, say we're in season 8, season 8 gear will be a little more powerful than season 7 gear but season 7 gear will be much more readily available. The reason we are looking at this type of system is because we feel there will be less player separation. We will have something called a champion rating which will look at your gear as well as all the points you've spent in the champion system which will give you an idea of whether you can take on certain content or not.

We want to make sure we don't have a lot of player separation so thats why we are going to make the itemisation have less requirements for equipping the items but still finding those items will be more rare, yes there is a solution to crafting for all those people asking about crafting

Interviewer: Do you think having the champion rating could create a divide in the community where someone says I want to do that trial wile you but they would say "Well whats your champion rating?"

Paul: Lets hit that head on, I do think it will to some extent which is exactly why the champion rating will be based more on the gear than say the points you put into the champion system and the reason that's important is because the gear only a season behind is readily available to everyone causing less of a divide. We're actually trying to keep people together. It should be much easier to catch up than it is now.

They didn't listen to players that came away from the Beta with a "The hell is this solo player game....?  It  is so freaking buggy and needs a lot of work.."

Now it's a ghost town for a reason.

I presume you haven't played recently, I cant remember the last serious bug I came across, and there's currently no more bugs than any other mmo. They have release Craglorn and 12 man trials which are for groups. Everyehere I go I bump into plenty of people, it's far from a ghost town

There's also 4 man group trials coming out, To quote Paul Sage:

Coming in Update 4 we have content called Dragon Star Arena

Dragon Star arena is in the next part of Craglorn and is a little like trials but it is for a group of 4. So you have these different waves that come out, there's an announcer that announces how you guys are doing, he taunts you if your group doesn't do too well

It is PvE and it's pretty difficult and that's putting it mildly, but even when you don't get through it, its still al lot of fun.

In beta you could level pretty easily in PVP, but they gutted that soon after launch. 

I gained over 300,000 vet xp in PvP last night, I wouldn't call that bad.

To quote Paul Sage talking about up coming updates: 

"PvP will earn XP at a better rate, we want people to play how they want to play. I want to make sure that when your out there PvPing your still getting gains on this system. I know there's going to be some questions about can people farm this a little bit easier in PvP, and that was one of the big things, but we've got some measures that should make it a little harder to farm and we just want those people who are going to play PvP normally to get experience at a really good rate"

If they fixed it to were i can solo content (Quests) to max level then decide to do dungeons and trials I would but not forced to group with other people to get to max level. 

They lowered the difficulty for doing the other two alliances last week (didn't touch Craglorn or trials) exactly so that people could do this. Before that only a few certain builds could do it. Those on the forums who were saying what you said, now all seem very happy.

I thought it was going to be a PvP game and PvP is the last on their list/, which is kinda ironic because the PvE is horrible.

Your opinion. Many from my guild are PvPing every night and absolutely love it, myself included.

oh and lest not even mention the hackable client and all the spam they have zero clue how to deal with, I never been spammed so much in any game.  All though even by now I bet even the spammers quit this steaming pile of dog crap.  Google the hacks in the game and see if this is the kind of PvP game you want to play.

They all went away weeks ago. You could google hacks for WoW, Lotro, Wildstar or whatever you choose, they are there for all of them. Yes they did take a little too long to get to grips, but they cant really win with your comment, if they were still there, you would say Zenimax cant control them, now they aren't there you say that's because the games crap????

4 months and they just announce the revamp of veteran content, when it was boring and made no sense since launch.

They have said for ages they were looking at different ways of changing it and would announce it when they had something to offer, and 4 months to do that is not a great deal of time.

The interface, social mechanics and trade are the worst I have seen in all MMOs I have played in the past 15 years,

Trouble is, people say they want something different, then when something different comes along, people complain it isn't like the rest.

There is a new system coming in where we can place blind bids to purchase kiosks in 122 different locations. I have reservations about how well that will work, or whether a few rich guilds will run all of them but I'm prepared to wait and see.

• kosackosac Member UncommonPosts: 206

so shitfest on hate continues?

maybe write truth in your article.. fps bug fixed before one week.. upcoming arenas are not for 4 but 3vs3vs3 etc etc... i dont wana read your ***** and comments full of **** i go better play some game :D

• Charlie.CheswickCharlie.Cheswick Member UncommonPosts: 469
    The statement "this game is not an Elder Scrolls game" has to be one of the most ignorant string of words put together on this site.

You don't get to decide what is & what is not an Elder Scrolls game. You only get to be delusional on an MMO site. The suspension of reality in not recognizing the esential truth of this should tip any reader of these posts off to the worthlessness of the opinion itself.

So, to summarize. ESO is an Elder Scrolls game.
    -Chuckles
  • ojustabooojustaboo Member UncommonPosts: 65
    Originally posted by kosac

upcoming arenas are not for 4 but 3vs3vs3 etc etc... i dont wana read your ***** and comments full of **** i go better play some game :D

There might be some confusion because ESO are releasing 4 man group PvE content that they call areanas.

They haven't said 3x3x3 will be released, just that they are looking at them, and hopefully they will,  to quote Paul sage (ESO Creative Director)

Paul: Let me give you the honest answer on that one, when we look at things that the teams are working on, we have different teams and even within a team, different sub teams working on different projects.

Right now our PvP experts are working on Imperial City, I don't think that's a big secret, we've talked about it a little bit and that's this big dungeon where you have to win ownership of that area.

It's a really big task to get that out.

But we have been showing a 3x3x3 map that was really meant to be just for the trade shows, we've got a lot of good responses on it

The trick really is, making sure anything we introduce with a battlefield/battle ground or whatever you want to call it, doesn't interfere with Cyrodiil, and we have to be really careful about that, and make sure anything we introduce along those lines is something that really attracts players to both.

So it's a pretty hard challenge, it's definitely something we have been talking about, we were surprised at how easy the 3x3x3 was to create and how much fun people had with it so hopefully we will see something like that in the future.

• bludgrifterbludgrifter Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Buy, yes. Sub too? Hard to back that too. Comparable to a new console game cost, Ive played those out in half the time spent in ESO, but then you can trade in for marginal return also.

I was really into skill progression and crafting, definitely not gathering. Too soon i hit a roadblock where the skills and upgrades are bland and lost that feeling of "i need to level for this before i go to bed!". Crafting became bland as well since its fairly easy to level and everyone makes the same stuff only with different looks. Im really interested in AA-type system. I really enjoyed that in EQ, path of exile has a cool skill map too, building a unique character is probably what i love most in a game, mmo or not, but dont feel it here. Solo or grouping isnt a real issue for me as im fairly antisocial anyway, but this was easily soloable as a Sorc, my melee friends have a harder time.

I look forward to the updates. I'm the old school disgruntled mmo guy. I want it to take over 2 months to hit level cap for the super hardcore, the world is open and you can go to zones you have no business being around, corpse retrieval was a bitch but something that made you think twice, getting an "add" and having to run like hell, no AH, epic quests that take forever wih multiple stages. FTP is a horrible model imo, but my day may be over, the lost days of guild competition on content that never gets nerfed and takes planning to beat, no red circles on the ground showing you what to dodge ans when, there absolutely should be content nobody sees unless you earn it, thats how you beat games.
    Knock, knock, Neo.
  • PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

Worth Buying? No

I dont even think it was worth Making.

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• reillanreillan Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Until they fix the problem that there's no reason to get to know people or try to work together, beyond simply joining a massive outdoor raid where you're completely and utterly replacable, it's not worth buying