Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So what is up with the hacker taking games down and bragging about it?

TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167

He claims he took GW2 down, and guess what...game is getting massive attacks

https://twitter.com/itzchF 

Read the twitter...he is taking requests.....not cool. Anyway this guy can be stopped?

SWG Bloodfin vet
Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Comments

• severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,516
    I see nothing but cool from this.  Look, people put massive amounts of money and time into these games and if the game company's networks are this easily infiltrated and taken down then it is what those companies deserve.  Hopefully, if the dude has any legit skills he will turn his attentions to something of import.... like taking down BofA, The Fed, The IRS, the EPA, DHS, and HHS.  Followed rapidly, obviously, with the destruction of his/her computer systems and unplugging for a good amount of time, then write a book about how he did it and become a multi-millionaire security consultant, but do it the smart way and not get caught like the Mad Hacker did from my old phreaking days.
  • DatawarlockDatawarlock Member Posts: 338

FREE KEVIN!

oh wait.... too early for that still >.>

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

On one hand, it is good that someone is exposing these companies' network weaknesses or loopholes.

On the other hand, i want to play my games as uninterrupted as possible. This is where the NSA should be working on finding who this guy is.

Originally posted by rojoArcueid

On one hand, it is good that someone is exposing these companies' network weaknesses or loopholes.

On the other hand, i want to play my games as uninterrupted as possible. This is where the NSA should be working on finding who this guy is.

Except your leisure time has nothing to do with national security. If it did, you wouldn't be posting on this crapshoot of a forum lol.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Datawarlock

Except your leisure time has nothing to do with national security. If it did, you wouldn't be posting on this crapshoot of a forum lol.

i dont think posting here has anything to do with that, im posting on the forums i spend time on. I rarely post anywhere else.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by severius
    I see nothing but cool from this.  Look, people put massive amounts of money and time into these games and if the game company's networks are this easily infiltrated and taken down then it is what those companies deserve.  Hopefully, if the dude has any legit skills he will turn his attentions to something of import.... like taking down BofA, The Fed, The IRS, the EPA, DHS, and HHS.  Followed rapidly, obviously, with the destruction of his/her computer systems and unplugging for a good amount of time, then write a book about how he did it and become a multi-millionaire security consultant, but do it the smart way and not get caught like the Mad Hacker did from my old phreaking days.

Read some of his comments and you might have a different opinion. He obviously isn't doing this for the greater good. HE's straight trolling.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by Datawarlock

i dont think posting here has anything to do with that, im posting on the forums i spend time on. I rarely post anywhere else.

*dice roll* Failed Comprehension Check

Let's move on.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by Distopia

Read some of his comments and you might have a different opinion. He obviously isn't doing this for the greater good. HE's straight trolling.

He sounds like a huge d-bag.  Hope the guy gets locked up one day and be someone girlfriend.

• HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839
    He'll be signing another tune when he or his parents are paying for the damages.
  • NellusNellus Member UncommonPosts: 247

Gotta roll my eyes originally when people cite hacking and proclaim it as "good". You can make a case that Anon has had a positive impact, but unfortunately there are outliers to their general "mission" - which comes from having no requirements to "entering the ranks".

This guy though? He isn't legion, he's just one. And he's just doing it for shits and giggles, not for any larger purpose.

- Nellus