Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Provisioning (Cooking) Revamp

bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/119265/provisioning-revamp#latest

We’re considering a significant revamp of Provisioning, and we’d like to get your feedback on it. Our goals with this proposed change are to improve the experience of collecting ingredients, to get away from the idea of tiered components, and to make brewing more useful. In a nutshell, we want to allow you to utilize every basic foodstuff you see in the game with cooking.

Ingredients

• Cooking: What You See Is What You Get
    • You see grapes, you get grapes. You see cheese, you get cheese. No more clicking on a sack of green beans and getting aged meat.
  • Brewing: Based on container type (barrels, sacks, and crates)
    • Brewing ingredients will be broken up by closed container type to keep them useful and to avoid overlap with cooking.
Functionality
  • Food and drink categories will have clearer usage
    • Cooking: Meat = health, fruit = magicka, vegetables = stamina
    • Brewing: Alcohol = health, tea = magicka, tonic = stamina
  • Combination recipes will be rarer, require more ingredients, and give multiple benefits as expected
    • Example: Rabbit (meat) and carrots (vegetable) may be combined if you have the Rabbit Stew recipe, and the result provides both a health and stamina pool increase (somewhat less than what a pure health or pure stamina food would provide, as in the current system).
  • The regeneration benefit of drinking will now stack with food benefits (some balancing changes may occur)
By having ingredients sourced in clear ways and using combinations of food items instead of tiers of ingredients, we will be able to cut the number of ingredients in half while still providing just as many recipes as we have now (if not more). This will require most, if not all, of the existing recipes to be changed to accommodate this new paradigm.

Our current plan is to replace existing recipes and Provisioning items with the ones from the new system, matching quality as much as possible. Any additional unused basic ingredients from the previous incarnation of the system will be changed to “stale” versions of themselves, and we’d like to include some way to offload them that provides value.

We realize this is a major change and that many of you have invested heavily in leveling up Provisioning and collecting recipes, so we wanted to get your feedback before proceeding. We feel this would be a major improvement to the game and want to hear your thoughts on the matter!
"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Comments

• hybris6hybris6 Member Posts: 14
    I like it the way it is bit give us som ingredient bag to store the ingredients instead of filling the entire inventory... Also add more rare recepies
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    I don't cook, but I do like a healthy pie or potion that increases all pool regeneration. Not sure why I always look like I eating a leg of ham though. :)
  • hybris6hybris6 Member Posts: 14
    Well on second thoughts the new system seems good too but I still want an ingredient bag. Its weird carrying 140 plate armours is equal to carry 140 carrots :)
  • ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Havn't fished since beta so unaware if it's different now other then being trophy's/achievement items, but would like to have fish into food recipies.

And creature's to drop natural resources instead of armor pieces or weapons. How the hell did that mud crab shallow that 2 handed battle axe?

• wuhsin88wuhsin88 Member Posts: 70
    If anything needs revamped it's the alchemy, and maybe the archery. You can't even make poison in this game. All because they wanted to give archers the crappy "Poison Arrow" attack that barely does anything. I'd much rather craft my own, more potent poisons. As for the whole not being able to aim for shoot very far, that ruined the game for me. 
  • ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by wuhsin88
    If anything needs revamped it's the alchemy, and maybe the archery. You can't even make poison in this game. All because they wanted to give archers the crappy "Poison Arrow" attack that barely does anything. I'd much rather craft my own, more potent poisons. As for the whole not being able to aim for shoot very far, that ruined the game for me. 

I understand what you want but could ESO integrate it into the game? While your experiance with poison arrows seems to be different from mine (hahaha what's new :P) in ESO since I actually love using it, together with some passive upgrade's it works really well and isn't that much different then the alchemy potions in ES games. As you gladly made me remember how that worked.

Maybe something for another topic? since alchemy isn't really tided to provisioning, though for MMORPG purpose it actually could. Alchemy could produce certain ingrediënts one could need in provisioning.........

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

I like the food + drink change (I always ignore drinks now) but, frankly, I find it hard to get excited about any crafting until they find a solution to mat storage.

I've been sending feedback to them for months (started in beta) about implementing something similar to GW2 where mats get their own almost unlimited storage that doesn't interfere with bank space. That's the news I'm waiting for :)

The current system is designed around having one single character with one single profession... as soon as you roll an alt to try to use a second craft, you'll have to play a whole other mini-game of inventory management and you'll constantly be throwing out or vendoring stuff you would actually rather keep just to make room.

Even something as simple as storing equipment or runes so that the correct alt can get the benefit of deconstructing it is iffy and often I just say screw it and have the wrong character do the deconstruction just so I can store the mats... never mind adding the seemingly 100s of different runes, provisioning mats, alchemy supplies... storage is what we badly need.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by wuhsin88

That was me my second beta weekend. Guess what? I play Bows as my main (for now) weapon now, Snipe to be specific. 52 meter range, about 56 meters after the first shot :) I think it's the different graphical perspective that ESO presents that makes range feel odd at first. I think it was Iselin who responded to my post about bows way back.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

I'm satisfied with cooking. Enchanting needs to be less of a strain though. I would rather they put more effort into fixing bugs and the play of the game

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• CurragraigueCurragraigue Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Originally posted by Iselin

I like the food + drink change (I always ignore drinks now) but, frankly, I find it hard to get excited about any crafting until they find a solution to mat storage.

I've been sending feedback to them for months (started in beta) about implementing something similar to GW2 where mats get their own almost unlimited storage that doesn't interfere with bank space. That's the news I'm waiting for :)

The current system is designed around having one single character with one single profession... as soon as you roll an alt to try to use a second craft, you'll have to play a whole other mini-game of inventory management and you'll constantly be throwing out or vendoring stuff you would actually rather keep just to make room.

Even something as simple as storing equipment or runes so that the correct alt can get the benefit of deconstructing it is iffy and often I just say screw it and have the wrong character do the deconstruction just so I can store the mats... never mind adding the seemingly 100s of different runes, provisioning mats, alchemy supplies... storage is what we badly need.

Agreed I don't currently use drinks because the boost from food seems better if I have to choose between them so looking forward to being able to use both.

The boring inventory shuffle is the thing I dislike the most about the game. If you have one character the bank and inventory system seems to work fine but if you have more than one character there is just not enough slots in the bank to be able to share materials required for differing level characters for multiple crafts. Just frustrating having to shuffle items and sell mats to make room. I ended up having to cave and make a mule which is just as frustrating having to move things to and from the mule for exchange with other characters because we can't mail to ourselves. Just a big mess imo.

• Moar61Moar61 Member UncommonPosts: 260
    Originally posted by hybris6
    I like it the way it is bit give us som ingredient bag to store the ingredients instead of filling the entire inventory... Also add more rare recepies

A recipe book would be a cool idea. Gather the recipes and then you sort through your book to find it and cook it from there