Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If I could lvl just in PVP I wold love this game

Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780

Sad thing is I cant, I have to put my self through all the grind before I can enjoy the part that I like :(

I really hope they change this and I may come back.

Comments

• DominionlordDominionlord Member UncommonPosts: 180
    One of things i loved the most about WAR, jump in at lvl 1.Not sure if any other games out there are like that but WAR was a blast.
  • RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

The game lost a lot of appeal over this.

So much group content that guilds could take advantage of running around together in the PVP zone.  Its the one major complaint I heard when I was playing the game too... Too much solo stuff.

Yet there was Cyrodiil, a wonderful place for guilds and friends to get together and do stuff.  But nobody wants to spend their nights getting roflstomped by xXxKillaxXx who got to VR10 in a week by grinding mobs 20 hours a day, all while being stuck at level 20 the whole week because they want to pvp together.

A bad decision that just does more harm than good to the game, and there is really no way to justify it.  Especially considering their website flat out lied about this before release.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Mad+Dog

Sad thing is I cant, I have to put my self through all the grind before I can enjoy the part that I like :(

Why can't you? I did.

No way in the world would I be playing if I had to quest and run dungeons to level lol.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

So even getting to level 10 is to much for you? Of course I hope not

Problem is not the game it's the people, as you may have noticed people rush to end game to reach VR level because seriously they might not be that good at PVP so they need atleast that VR level in hopes they might succeed. Not saying I am good because honostly I am not a PVP players in MMORPG's

The in my opinion true PVP player will jump into PVP as soon as he is able to which in ESO's case would be level 10.

So OP if you are as said in my opinion a true PVP player don't let those 10 levels set you back and enjoy!

There is plenty to do in Cyrodiil though you have to be more carefull doing all sorts of activities there compared to outside the zone. Atleast that's my tiny experiance in beta.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

Its never the you, its always the game. Indeed.

You might want to check your profile page OP, it is giving a 404.

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Originally posted by Scot

Its never the you, its always the game. Indeed.

You might want to check your profile page OP, it is giving a 404.

Im an enigma!

• BidwoodBidwood Member Posts: 554

Just to get this straight...  can you play the game and level up just in Cyrodil?

What's preventing that...  is it just the fact that there are other losers who put way too much time into the game and have an advantage? Or is it impossible to reach that level without doing the PVE content?

I'm really looking forward to this on PS4..  really need me some PVP. But I don't want to do PVE grinding to get there.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

You can do this - level from lvl 10 onwards to VR exclusively in cyrodill.

What do you probably meant is it costs you more time then just doing the quests.

(If the devs would allow same xp for PvP we quick would have the "Bloodwall" scenario from Darkfall which we all have with the Emperor bouncing now- so not sure if i could wish for such a thing like PvP xp being rearded at the same rate as with PvE)

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

Originally posted by DarthRaiden

What do you probably meant is it costs you more time then just doing the quests.

They want to take the easiest route to top level and leave, that's what contest locusts do, and they are the majority of the playerbase. If they prefer PvP they expect to level only with PvP, like all the other MMOs which allow you to do so...i.e. hardly any. Or if they are PvE fans they hate the idea of needing to do any PVP at all and expect the game to level them to top level on that alone. There is only one format for both of these groups and anything else causes them angst before they move on to their next MMO. Where for some reason they think MMO design is going to solve these issues of PvP and PvE. :) 

• bgonzalbgonzal Member Posts: 10

They want to take the easiest route to top level and leave, that's what contest locusts do, and they are the majority of the playerbase. If they prefer PvP they expect to level only with PvP, like all the other MMOs which allow you to do so...i.e. hardly any. Or if they are PvE fans they hate the idea of needing to do any PVP at all and expect the game to level them to top level on that alone. There is only one format for both of these groups and anything else causes them angst before they move on to their next MMO. Where for some reason they think MMO design is going to solve these issues of PvP and PvE. :) 

Well it wouldn't be an issue if they didn't state it was a game you could level in PVP and it was possible in beta.  You could also level in PVP pretty easily after launch.  When people were leveling too quickly by exploiting PVP quests they completely gutted leveling in PVP instead of tweaking it.  Same knee jerk reaction they had to folks farming world bosses.    

Can you still level in PVP yes, but it would be very painful and take you 300 years to do so.  It isn't a matter of content locusts burning through things too fast in ESO.  It is the devs forcing people to go through the content the way they want you to and not making sensible changes.  They are now changing direction, but for me it is too little too late.  They have a lot to fix before I would come back to this game. 

Originally posted by bgonzal

Well it wouldn't be an issue if they didn't state it was a game you could level in PVP and it was possible in beta.  You could also level in PVP pretty easily after launch.  When people were leveling too quickly by exploiting PVP quests they completely gutted leveling in PVP instead of tweaking it.  Same knee jerk reaction they had to folks farming world bosses.    

Can you still level in PVP yes, but it would be very painful and take you 300 years to do so.  It isn't a matter of content locusts burning through things too fast in ESO.  It is the devs forcing people to go through the content the way they want you to and not making sensible changes.  They are now changing direction, but for me it is too little too late.  They have a lot to fix before I would come back to this game. 

I take the point abut the PvP issues, but every MMO has PVP issues, no one is going to keep both those who like PvE and those who like PvP happy. If TESO had been PvP to top level that would have been poor design, what would you have PvE levels for? The PvE players would be expected to be content as PvP players raced past them? Look at how nearly every modern MMO is designed, bite sized chunks of PvP with PvE mainstay. That's the easy way, anything else is going to have problems.

• movindudemovindude Member UncommonPosts: 127
    I read allot of hate about this game. I have been playing this game since release and have a hard time turning off the game before my wife gets pissed. Its flawless at max resolution on my comp. The graphics are the best I have seen in ANY MMO. Name a  MMO with better graphics. After 4 mths the game just keeps improving and will only get better. They got rid of the bots but I kinda miss them. I liked running in front of the train of bots and stealing there loot by doing the most damage which is easy. If you are looking for a MMO you should try this one and stop listening to the whiners crying because its not Skyrim Online. If you know of a better game then tell us. Don't put this game down without a REAL reason. NO game is perfect from release. Only cryers I read about are the ones already at end game. Hope you enjoyed the work doing that because im sure it wasn't fun. I still see more and more people in the banks and that tells me the game is growing not dying. If you play the KOREAN PTW game Archage from what I have seen looks cartoony and aged. Whatever you play just stop cutting down a great game like this one and im sure in a year or so all you haters will be back anyways. Endgame is the last thing games perfect BTW. OK, release the trolls....and screw your paragraphs.
  • ValatheusValatheus Member UncommonPosts: 30
    Originally posted by Bidwood

Just to get this straight...  can you play the game and level up just in Cyrodil?

What's preventing that...  is it just the fact that there are other losers who put way too much time into the game and have an advantage? Or is it impossible to reach that level without doing the PVE content?

I'm really looking forward to this on PS4..  really need me some PVP. But I don't want to do PVE grinding to get there.

Once you hit level 10, you can enter Cyrodiil and level up in there all the way to max - every pvp kill, solo or in group, gives alliance points and xp. It's just slower than if you were grinding mobs or quests (you can't grind out player kills as reliably as you can monster kills, you have to ride back from deaths more often in pvp, etc etc).  They've already increased the amount of xp player kills give once, and it sounds like they have plans to increase it again.

Some people seem to equate "not as fast" to "impossible".

EDIT: But you will be poor. You don't get any money from pvp, other than perhaps selling the weapons and armor you get from reward bags.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Valatheus
    Originally posted by Bidwood

Once you hit level 10, you can enter Cyrodiil and level up in there all the way to max - every pvp kill, solo or in group, gives alliance points and xp. It's just slower than if you were grinding mobs or quests (you can't grind out player kills as reliably as you can monster kills, you have to ride back from deaths more often in pvp, etc etc).  They've already increased the amount of xp player kills give once, and it sounds like they have plans to increase it again.

Some people seem to equate "not as fast" to "impossible".

EDIT: But you will be poor. You don't get any money from pvp, other than perhaps selling the weapons and armor you get from reward bags.

You get a nice bit now a days. Each kill/capture/scout quest gives 300g. You also can sell the gear you don't need or get crafting levels from breaking it down. 

I've made all my money from Cyrodiil. 10k for this bow here, 15k for this sword here. I've even sold AP for gold. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • laz3rNach0zlaz3rNach0z Member Posts: 59
    maybe if they have so u can lvl just from being in the game so like if u just login and get xps from being in it would be like u could pretend that the lvlng is from xploring or reading lores or whatevs