Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Beta Sweepstakes! (Week 2)

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

MMORPG.com is very pleased to present this exclusive sweepstakes event! We have partnered with Blizzard Entertainment to give away 1,000 beta access keys for the new World of Warcraft expansion: Warlords of Draenor!

Sweeps run time: July 13 - July 16 @ 9PM EDT

For this sweepstakes you will get a bonus entry ticket for each calendar day you login during the sweepstakes increasing your odds of winning!

Good luck!

CLICK HERE TO ENTER FOR A CHANCE TO WIN A BETA KEY!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

• gueren717gueren717 Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by Volgore

• Blade_and_SoulBlade_and_Soul Member Posts: 1

Hello, my wife and I play from the same IP.  If we both enter the contest, would that disqualify us?  We both use different MMORPG accounts.

• HEKKRAHEKKRA Member UncommonPosts: 80

• VaultFairyVaultFairy Member UncommonPosts: 566

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    It is a little sad, as much as I live on this site I don't recognize a single one of those usernames in the winner's list. Oh well, such is life.

• TheBlackWolfTheBlackWolf Member UncommonPosts: 48
    I don't post alot, but as you can see, i've been here quite some time.
  • kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    If you REALLY want a key snag one from IGN friday by subbing to their prime membership.
  • RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Originally posted by Dreamo84
    It is a little sad, as much as I live on this site I don't recognize a single one of those usernames in the winner's list. Oh well, such is life.

That's what happens when a website cares more about obtaining a ton of dummy/alt/bot accounts than giving something to their long term members and visitors.

This hand-out will be no different, in fact most key farmers will probably obtain even more keys to sell with this next wave.

I think they should have a hand out for accounts older than one year.

• thepikethepike Member UncommonPosts: 1

Someone can have my key..

I thought you dont need the expansion.. I dont have it.

9140-281941-72721-577677-9632

say if you used it.

enjoy

• LaDraqKumeiaLaDraqKumeia Member UncommonPosts: 6

Maybe there is something wrong with my math but..

You receive one bonus ticket per 1 day you login plus your intitial entry ticket (5 max). These improve your odds of winning!

How is it possible to gain 5 entries, if you get 1st one today, 2nd on Monday, 3rd on Tuesday and 4th (last day of giveaway) on Wednesday?

• LaDraqKumeiaLaDraqKumeia Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Was used so quickly... thanks anyway for such a nice gesture :)
  • viktaeviktae Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Originally posted by LaDraqKumeia

Maybe there is something wrong with my math but..

You receive one bonus ticket per 1 day you login plus your intitial entry ticket (5 max). These improve your odds of winning!

How is it possible to gain 5 entries, if you get 1st one today, 2nd on Monday, 3rd on Tuesday and 4th (last day of giveaway) on Wednesday?

Just a mistake ^^

• sweepdeepsPLsweepdeepsPL Member Posts: 3
    Calling it here, next total account pool for the contest will not exceed 12,000.
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Originally posted by VaultFairy

Haha.  Wow.  Here I thought they were at least going to copy paste / search function IPs or locations and then the IPs thereof.  Seems the bots or cheaters win out again, in the end.  Even on websites, they win.  *chuckle*

Honestly, they should come up with a better way to go about this.  I would've been against such methods prior just because of the ruckus it would cause, but now that the honor system has been shat on twice, the date of an account creation should come into factor here, in addition to number of posts.

Date created:  Number of days, number of posts. 

• The tickets shall not exceed the number of days (to prevent spam of forum content by new accounts) on the account. 
    • There is a cutoff date of the number of posts to the start of the contest to prevent spam for those who have more days than posts. 
    • This both rewards veterans of the site and allows for anyone to join to have a chance.

Or something along those lines, as this seems to be one of the only ways to make sure people have a chance against bots or people intent on cheating, especially if they have been loyal to the site (who will likely make a hundred or two accounts irregardless of any situation).

Poor showing, old chaps.  It may be hard to implement a new system, but it may be necessary if simple IP checking with entry contests is avoided.  Granted though, actually enforcing contest rules may be easier as a whole.  Not even similar names or locations that were right next to each other were given a quirk of an eyebrow, it seems.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • AyareaAyarea Member Posts: 2
    Man missed it by a day so one less ticket here. Good luck everyone!
  • MpfiveMpfive Member UncommonPosts: 308
    As long as we all log in everyday, they don't care..
  • ninfanlinkninfanlink Member UncommonPosts: 36
    I think the last week should be only for members who already have an account, also that account must be older than a year or something like that.
  • calgarymarccalgarymarc Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by Ayarea

You didn't miss anything by a day.  It just started today (7/13) and runs through (7/16) so you can only get your initial entry plus 4 bonus entries for logging in everyday.  Total = 5 entries.

• rafalex007rafalex007 Member Posts: 244
    maybe it was a mistake 
  • MzaudioMzaudio Member Posts: 1
    Good luck everyone, hope this time it will work fine
  • kevinffmkevinffm Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by ninfanlink
    I think the last week should be only for members who already have an account, also that account must be older than a year or something like that.

But they want new users, there are not only bots out there

• Clypto75Clypto75 Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Originally posted by calgarymarc
    Originally posted by Ayarea

You didn't miss anything by a day.  It just started today (7/13) and runs through (7/16) so you can only get your initial entry plus 4 bonus entries for logging in everyday.  Total = 5 entries.

I guess I am missing something from this, I only got one ticket from today. 14 15 16 is three so four total? Where am I missing one? 

I hope this time there isnt too many entries, love to snatch a key. Glad they are doing this lottery instead of just throwing em up during a time frame.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

What's the point? There we so many obvious fake/duplicate account winners last round that's it's just silly.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993

Bit of a glaring oversite, not to fussed myself as i only signed up to gift to my mate who isn't on here, but for future giveways they need to lock down on it a bit more. The worst problem, example above, people creating several accounts to enter.